Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I guess the moral of the story is that Mirai, Agnes, Courtney, Wang, etc. should give it their all this season, and put blinders on to the hype surrounding Gold and Wagner being the only two definites on the Sochi team, because anything can happen!

vCash
    Mirai needs to take the lessons she's learned on the ice and in life and just skate with freedom.

That said, she will have to do well at all her competitions this season for the USFSA to rediscover her by '14 Nationals. Right now, they are looking the other way.

BTW, speaking of skaters who've underperformed recently: I don't dislike Agnes at all, but the USFSA's focus on her is a little strange IMO. She like Mirai has faltered more often than succeeded when it counts and yet, she's held up nationally.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    ^ Agnes was not having coaching problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Why burn yourself out in a meaningless competition in July and do all triple jumps? .
    She was all about the summer competitions in the past.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Mirai posted this on twitter a couple weeks ago.

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. -Michael Jordan

I hope she tries her hardest. The flu/cold was really bad timing last season during nationals. Reports had her looking great going into Nationals and then the flu. I assume we will see her short program at "The Ice" since she debuted last season's short program there. Go Mirai!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Mirai announced her new musics on her [Team USA bio on Icenetwork].

SP Music: "The Man I Love" by George Gershwin
    FS Music: Music from James Bond by various artists

She looked better in shape in the video of The Ice show. Hopefully she does well in Glacier Falls SC this weekend.
    Link: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/detail.jsp?id=100067

Clip from her "On Golden Pond" exhibition (choreographed by Adam Rippon) - link originally posted in The ICE thread in GSD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezStnAncdLE
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-02-2013 at 02:29 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I don't know about the Gershwin music (I'll have to YT it) but as for the Bond FS...hmm...I think it's a better choice than going the classical route. She's been pretty boring in that area for a while now so hopefully skating to something with more personality and sass will help her bring that out on the ice.

I watched Mirai in the clips from The Ice and I thought she looked very pretty...but very blank. The little "Bom Bom" number they did was so cute but when they put the camera on Mirai her face looked as though she was trying to choose between Italian dressing or vinaigrette. She looked completely over it! I don't get that. She is going to have to learn to bring some life to her skating which was gorgeous BTW. The Bond music is different so hopefully that add some life to her.

vCash
    The Man I Love is another jazz standard. I was always partial to the Kate Bush version. Best of luck to Mirai this season!

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I don't know about the Gershwin music (I'll have to YT it) but as for the Bond FS...hmm...I think it's a better choice than going the classical route. She's been pretty boring in that area for a while now so hopefully skating to something with more personality and sass will help her bring that out on the ice.

I watched Mirai in the clips from The Ice and I thought she looked very pretty...but very blank. The little "Bom Bom" number they did was so cute but when they put the camera on Mirai her face looked as though she was trying to choose between Italian dressing or vinaigrette. She looked completely over it! I don't get that. She is going to have to learn to bring some life to her skating which was gorgeous BTW. The Bond music is different so hopefully that add some life to her.
    Haha re: dressing, thanks for my new location. And I really am starting to think Mirai is just focusing so much when she is skating and that she forgets to smile. No wonder Frank was telling her to smile before and after skates.

vCash
    Mirai's layback at 3:00. It looks like she got more stretch on her Biellmann (if that was even possible)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA5s6_LEzqk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by change of edge View Post
    Mirai's layback at 3:00. It looks like she got more stretch on her Biellmann (if that was even possible)
    That's one thing you can say for Mirai...despite her height/weight gain since her junior days, she hasn't lost any of her flexibility which is pretty impressive IMO.

http://www.charet.com/blog/uploaded_...lds-798434.jpg

That's from junior worlds in 2008. She can still put her head on her butt today.

vCash
    Icenetwork bio says Amy Evidente now primary coach, not Wendy Olsen. Amy was assistant last year. Also, Adam Rippon shown as choreographer for one of her programs. Maybe Mirai has better rapport with Amy and Adam, or maybe budgetary moves, probably both. Anyway, there were many complaints that big budget choreographers didn't give Mirai their best programs the last couple of years, so hopefully Adam's efforts will be just as good.

vCash
    I believe Rippon has choreographed exhibition numbers for Mirai - I don't see his name listed in her Team USA bio on IN? Yes, Wendy Olson is no longer listed as her coach.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by change of edge View Post
    Oh my gosh! I didn't realize which skater was Mirai at first! I thought she was the one with the tights over her boots in the back, before going backwards (before 3.00) and seeing she is now wearing her white skates with nothing over them (woo hoo!). For those of you who were similarly confused, she was the one in the middle.

Mirai looks GREAT and the new boot look REALLY suits her. I hope she keeps this look for competition and it wasn't just for this one event. It really improves her line and makes her skating look 'fresh.'

vCash
    Really excited about her free skate choice. Sounds like it could be a great vehicle and a huge crowd pleaser!

vCash
    Reportedly she landed 3F/3T,3Z and 2A at the Glacier Falls SP.
    I wonder if there were any UR's?Anyway,an ambitious layout for her as she sometimes gets edge calls on her flips and lutzes but I guess it's all or nothing this year!
    I am so happy she ditched the cover boots,I have waited for years!
    Cannot wait to hear more about her programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsnice12 View Post
    Reportedly she landed 3F/3T,3Z and 2A at the Glacier Falls SP.
    I wonder if there were any UR's?Anyway,an ambitious layout for her as she sometimes gets edge calls on her flips and lutzes but I guess it's all or nothing this year!
    I am so happy she ditched the cover boots,I have waited for years!
    Cannot wait to hear more about her programs.
    ITA with all of that. This is her last hoorah more than likely so I say go for broke, balls to the wall, all or nothing, put it all out there, and any other cliche phrase that means don't hold back and go for it. :-)

vCash
    Her SP .. I think it's lovely 3Z scary landing but she looks ready for another Olympics DDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pJPTTRin2A

Her signature layback looks better now than last season / Lighter on the ice too
    Last edited by Mirai4life; 08-03-2013 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Where did Mirai's spins go? But aside from this, she looks wonderful! She's been awfully this summer...the focus she has put into her work is evident.

Mirai 2014 Olympics?

vCash
    That spread-eagle into 2A is really gorgeous! So happy to see Mirai lands 3F-3T in August.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast