Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^ I really wish she could bring some of that into her competitive programs... Mirai just doesn't feel the music like she used to back in 2010.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think she still does. If you have the ability to feel the music, it doesn't just disappear. I think she is stressed on the ice and is not able to project and interpret like she used to. Still fighting her demons. Very hopeful that she realizes her talent. She is such a pleasure to watch when she is on.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    So she got a bronze at COR. Meh, good enough.

Mirai for Sochi

vCash
    I've always been a huge fan of Mirai and am so thrilled with her skating this past weekend. I'm really hoping she'll make the Olympic team.

vCash
    I am really impressed with the improved technique on her jumps last weekend, but she REALLY needs to get her personality going again. She can be such an engaging performer when she wants to be and her team desperately needs to start bringing that out in her again. I hope she continues after Sochi, regardless of whether or not she makes the team, I still think she has a lot to offer and she's only 20. Next season, she needs to think about getting that 3sal back. If your name isn't Yuna Kim, you can't afford to skip a triple anymore IMO.

vCash
    She really seemed to come alive in the last 5 elements of her LP at CoR. You could almost feel it just watching on TV. I'm fine w/ a team consisting of Wagner and Gold but with Czisny gone, I'm really pulling for Nagasu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giselle23 View Post
    Just looking at that exhibition, I have to ask, who is skating better than this currently? I read somewhere that Adam Rippon choreographed it.
    If Adam choreographed it then the boy has skillz! He needs to choreograph Mirai's competitive programs too!
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    So she got a bronze at COR. Meh, good enough.

Mirai for Sochi
    Good enough for me too! Mirai for Sochi!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    I am really impressed with the improved technique on her jumps last weekend, but she REALLY needs to get her personality going again. She can be such an engaging performer when she wants to be and her team desperately needs to start bringing that out in her again. I hope she continues after Sochi, regardless of whether or not she makes the team, I still think she has a lot to offer and she's only 20. Next season, she needs to think about getting that 3sal back. If your name isn't Yuna Kim, you can't afford to skip a triple anymore IMO.
    Whole post!! ITA with each point that you brought up! Mirai needs to keep improving her technique, start showing her sparkling personality again on the ice, keep skating after Sochi!, and get that 3S back! She used to do a good one, I don't know what happened there!

She also needs to get a 3-3 back into her LP (preferrably 3Lz-3T or 3F-3T) to go along with her 2A-3T.

vCash
    You know...that gorgeous exhibition can't be reworked into an SP because that lovely spin she does in the beginning would be lost, and it just sets off the whole program so beautifully. Without it, the program wouldn't be the same. Sorry to be a bucket of cold water
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    You know...that gorgeous exhibition can't be reworked into an SP because that lovely spin she does in the beginning would be lost, and it just sets off the whole program so beautifully. Without it, the program wouldn't be the same. Sorry to be a bucket of cold water
    Surely the choreographer could re-work it into a gorgeous competitive piece just the same.

vCash
    I'm on board from here on out too, I never really left except for 2 weeks being frustrated after NHK... And she let me have it. I want her to not only make the team but rise to a medal, why not? She's good enough, and she did it in 2010. She just needs more conditioning and lots and lots of run-throughs, the judges will be like oh yeah we remember you, here are your 8's we've been saving. Her flexibility is back to where it used to be, and there's lots and lots of potential Mirai moments she's not bringing to life in both the SP and the LP you can see it in the choreography, that will come alive with better conditioning and she's not just trying to get through the elements with good quality. It's all in the face and upper-body posture when she's selling it, over 1 full mark in PCS difference when she does too, IMO.

Anyways good vibes she's on her way, I would hope she maybe does some kind of send-off type skate to show her training before Nationals if she doesn't have a competition planned, she needs maybe just one more strong showing in the public to be able to really let loose and not think her way through at Nationals IMO.

vCash
    Good for Mirai grabbing that bronze, but I just can't get my hopes up for Natonals
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Better not to, that way you may be pleasantly surprised.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I'm on board from here on out too, I never really left except for 2 weeks being frustrated after NHK... And she let me have it. I want her to not only make the team but rise to a medal, why not? She's good enough, and she did it in 2010. She just needs more conditioning and lots and lots of run-throughs, the judges will be like oh yeah we remember you, here are your 8's we've been saving. Her flexibility is back to where it used to be, and there's lots and lots of potential Mirai moments she's not bringing to life in both the SP and the LP you can see it in the choreography, that will come alive with better conditioning and she's not just trying to get through the elements with good quality. It's all in the face and upper-body posture when she's selling it, over 1 full mark in PCS difference when she does too, IMO.

Anyways good vibes she's on her way, I would hope she maybe does some kind of send-off type skate to show her training before Nationals if she doesn't have a competition planned, she needs maybe just one more strong showing in the public to be able to really let loose and not think her way through at Nationals IMO.
    I like this idea but are is there another competition out there where Mirai could compete before Nationals?

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I like Mirai, bc of the contenders other than Ashley, she could maybe grab a medal, especially at worlds, if it is watered down especially and if she has an inspired skate.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Better not to, that way you may be pleasantly surprised.
    Yeah, I'd just be happy within no under rotations and all planned elements executed. I don't care if I see "spark" as long as I see the results of sweat.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    If Adam choreographed it then the boy has skillz! He needs to choreograph Mirai's competitive programs too!

Good enough for me too! Mirai for Sochi!!

Whole post!! ITA with each point that you brought up! Mirai needs to keep improving her technique, start showing her sparkling personality again on the ice, keep skating after Sochi!, and get that 3S back! She used to do a good one, I don't know what happened there!

She also needs to get a 3-3 back into her LP (preferrably 3Lz-3T or 3F-3T) to go along with her 2A-3T.
    A triple triple in the long doesn't help her until she starts doing the salchow or triple axel since they limited the number of double axels you can do. Maybe next year. Her axel in the short was beautiful.

vCash
    Forgot to mention - I'm hoping she nails a 2a-3t. It was probably planned in the RC LP, but you could see in slo-mo that she landed the 2a a little off balance and her blade slightly wobbled to her right. Perhaps during this down time, she should try a 3toe - 2a sequence or just make the final jumping pass a 3toe. She needs 6 triples since she's not doing a 3sal and yes, for me, it's a mystery why she got rid of the 3sal back in '09 and never brought it back. I suppose it has to do with keeping her programs simpler for her, but maybe with all her hard work, it would be doable again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Forgot to mention - I'm hoping she nails a 2a-3t. It was probably planned in the RC LP, but you could see in slo-mo that she landed the 2a a little off balance and her blade slightly wobbled to her right. Perhaps during this down time, she should try a 3toe - 2a sequence or just make the final jumping pass a 3toe. She needs 6 triples since she's not doing a 3sal and yes, for me, it's a mystery why she got rid of the 3sal back in '09 and never brought it back. I suppose it has to do with keeping her programs simpler for her, but maybe with all her hard work, it would be doable again?
    I always wondered about that too!She really had a nice 3S back then..
    I simply hope she got a bit of a confidence builder after this competition, I wonder how "important"it would be for her to nail a 3F/3T in the SP at Nationals versus a 3T/3T?I think it is a good sign that the first time she tried the 3T/3T this season, it got counted.I would love her to go for a 3F/3T but only if she really nails it in training and still, I would be worried of an UR and/or an edge call..
    Last edited by worldsnice12; 11-26-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    A triple triple in the long doesn't help her until she starts doing the salchow or triple axel since they limited the number of double axels you can do. Maybe next year. Her axel in the short was beautiful.
    Oh pooh, I forgot about that! I truly hope Mirai stays in whether she makes the Sochi team or not and works on her edges/lutz/flip and gets that salchow back! Back to basics might to do the trick.

vCash
    If some of you guys think Mirai's flabby, I think you guys need to take a look at this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Look at how skinny she is!

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast