Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    Mirai skated very well today. I think a couple of "<" calls, but she was near-best in TES by tenths of a point to Murakami. The judges are telling her in the PCS that the performance and program are not at the level of the SS. Maybe they feel it does not show off her skating skills enough to get all 7.40-7.60 like her SS.

However, if pulling back on the performance a bit and just skating the program as if it were just another ho-hum run through at home means rotating and landing all the jumps and getting all the levels on the spins, I say do it! Fight for every rotation in jumps and spins and BEND YOUR KNEES more in EVERYTHING, and her PCS and TES will go up, and maybe she won't mentally lose it when the music is on anymore.

Gymnasts do it like this. Maybe she can also to improve her results.

vCash
    so happy for her! Finally.

vCash
    Congratulations to Mirai

vCash
    Congrats to Mirai on her medal!! And which one of you guys rudely told me off, argued with me saying I was wrong, and told me she was done after NHK? It's never over till it's over.

And I'm so thrilled that Mirai only got one <! And on a double toe! None of her triples were deemed underrotated!
    Last edited by smarts1; 11-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Awesome job Mirai! Great fight back from NHK! Congrats on winning bronze woo-hoo!

Now upgrade that 3-3 in the SP, get it back in the LP, rotate rotate rotate and EXPRESS yourself!! It's not over til it's over!

vCash
    Only one minor > and three level 4 spins for her in the free. Good job!

All she needs is a 2A+3T in the free, a combo she's hit a number of times.

Because in the end, a 2A+3T and 3F is worth the same as a 3F+3T and 2A.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Congrats to Mirai on her medal!! And which one of you guys rudely told me off, argued with me saying I was wrong, and told me she was done after NHK? It's never over till it's over.

And I'm so thrilled that Mirai only got one <! And on a double toe! None of her triples were deemed underrotated!
    I don't believe I argued with you but I definitely thought she was done after NHK. I am so so so so SO proud of her for coming back fighting!! Way to go Mirai!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    I don't believe I argued with you but I definitely thought she was done after NHK. I am so so so so SO proud of her for coming back fighting!! Way to go Mirai!!
    I don't think it was you, but it was definitely a combination of 2-3 people arguing with me telling me that Mirai was done. I hope you guys learn a lesson not to write people off after one bad performance.

vCash
    Rrrrrrrrr ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......*fists beat chest* Tarzan style...

Meeee Beegfan, You.... Mirai!!

Big massive huuuge pleasant surprise! Sole US lady on the podium at mutha Russia!!! Be proud and be inspired Mirai! A completely unexpected delightful shocker! Second highest TES and only 1x UR and 2 e calls? It is Absolut Vodka bloomin' Miraicle!

Please hang onto the mission of 3rd Olympic spot for dear life Mirai, and don't you ever EVER let it go!!! And for Elvis's sake add some grace lightening to your performance, wake up from that Miraicoma, some Gracie/Ashley/Agnes ladies soon, you are more talented than many 'contenders' and please for goodness sake give us some proper Bond Thrill! Femme Fatale don't have to be that straight and boring, you are clearly mixing up your genres, this ain't some FBI girl, this iz BOND!!!! [See Yuna Kim Olympic SP 2010] Maybe you were trying your hardest doing your Diane Rigg thespian impression to not crack as smile, but really it need some bang up to date pizazz ala Spice Girls style! DOooooo something wild, mad, fun, spicy and bring that unique Mirai Spice spark you have in you somewhere!!! It ain't over until it is over baby! US Nationals... i will be watching you!!!

vCash
    Just watched Mirai's LP. All I can say is wow. All of her triples were fully rotated. Nothing even borderline <. The last time we've seen that was at 2011 4CCs and the 2010 Olympics! She's really putting in the work. It's obvious. They've really worked on making her go into the rotation quicker rather than delaying them as much. Just put more life into your performances Mirai!

What's interesting is her technical score tracker went all they way up to 61.44, but went down to 57.95 by the time her scores came out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post

Big massive huuuge pleasant surprise! Sole US lady on the podium at mutha Russia!!! Be proud and be inspired Mirai! A completely unexpected delightful shocker! Second highest TES and only 1x UR and 2 e calls? It is Absolut Vodka bloomin' Miraicle!

Please hang onto the mission of 3rd Olympic spot for dear life Mirai, and don't you ever EVER let it go!!! And for Elvis's sake add some grace lightening to your performance, wake up from that Miraicoma, some Gracie/Ashley/Agnes ladies soon, you are more talented than many 'contenders' and please for goodness sake give us some proper Bond Thrill! Femme Fatale don't have to be that straight and boring, you are clearly mixing up your genres, this ain't some FBI girl, this iz BOND!!!! [See Yuna Kim Olympic SP 2010] Maybe you were trying your hardest doing your Diane Rigg thespian impression to not crack as smile, but really it need some bang up to date pizazz ala Spice Girls style! DOooooo something wild, mad, fun, spicy and bring that unique Mirai Spice spark you have in you somewhere!!! It ain't over until it is over baby! US Nationals... i will be watching you!!!
    Post of the year!

Please mail it to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    I was never rude to you but I was ready to give up on her after NHK and I am happy to eat crow. You were right. I was wrong. Hurray!

You are the one who pointed out her pattern of doing badly at her first GP and medalling at the second, right? Hats off.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Maybe the training in Japan really helped. Maybe she can train there until Nationals. lol

vCash
    Something about the Olympics really lights a fire under her. Technically it shouldn't be possible to be THAT MUCH improved in two weeks... But she was. The jumps were like an off-season difference in quality. With the way this season is shaping up in the US, she's a contender again for the team. But this next month, every single day, every minute spent in training, REALLY REALLY MATTERS. I love you no matter what Mirai, but gurrrrrl you need to werk.

vCash
    In the press conference after Rostelcom, she said "some people" had spoken to her about commitment after NHK and she wanted to show she's committed to the sport.

So, um, to improve that much in 2 weeks means that she was underachieving 2 weeks earlier. But we knew that

Good for her, so much to be proud of. Sometimes fighting through when you are not at the top - but used to be - takes more strength than handling the pressure of being #1. I hope she realizes what she achieved this week and is proud of herself.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    ^I'm with you, Coco. Especially about what she said in the press conf.
    Last edited by rosewood; 11-24-2013 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post

'Wake up from the Miraicoma'! Love it!! And you're right - it's a Miraicle!!

Please say you'll tweet your post to Mirai - STAT! She'll know it's meant with love!

Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Something about the Olympics really lights a fire under her. Technically it shouldn't be possible to be THAT MUCH improved in two weeks... But she was. The jumps were like an off-season difference in quality. With the way this season is shaping up in the US, she's a contender again for the team. But this next month, every single day, every minute spent in training, REALLY REALLY MATTERS. I love you no matter what Mirai, but gurrrrrl you need to werk.
    ^^^
    THIS!

I'm wondering if Mirai's boot issues just before NHK were resolved and it was a part of why she jumped better at COR? What I mean is, Mirai never really came out and said AFAIK that the new boots which she was trying to break in just a few days before Rostelecom were the reason that she didn't do well at NHK.

I just hope that the USFS gives Mirai a chance if she nails her programs at Nationals. I don't want to see skaters who fall, etc. held up over her if she does great. I'm still afraid it might happen.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Lovely stroking towards the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfcXmLzxwEw

vCash
    Many congrats to Mirai!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Lovely stroking towards the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfcXmLzxwEw
    Just looking at that exhibition, I have to ask, who is skating better than this currently? I read somewhere that Adam Rippon choreographed it.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast