Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    That all sounds pretty good, but if Evidente is out, then who will accompany Mirai to US Nationals?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    The article said Christa Fassi Would probably go with her.

vCash
    In summation (if I'm reading this correctly), (1) Christa Fassi became Mirai's coach last summer; (2) She was still training to some extent w/ Amy Evidente (why else would Amy be w/ Mirai all the way thru Cup of Russia) (3) She went to Japan to train w/ Mura's coach between NHK and Cup of Russia, and she plans to be there for a few weeks before Nationals. What is this coach's name?

Will Christa Fassi or Mura's coach be her primary coach. Christa has more of a name than Amy Evidente but if she's been Mirai's coach since last summer, why wasn't she with her in the K & C.

vCash
    Amy Evidente is listed as Nagasu's primary and only coach this season in both her Team USA and ISU bios. Christa Fassi likely has been a secondary coach - Fassi works at Toyota Center in El Segundo, CA, one of the rinks where Nagasu reportedly trains.

Takahito Mura is coached by his father, Takashi: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007258.htm
    AFAIK, there has not been any official confirmation of Nagasu's plans, only hearsay information so far.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Mirai has until her next birthday to pick her citizenship right?

vCash
    Just for the information, IIRC Mirai has an aunt in Okayama. She must be helpful for Mirai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Amy Evidente is listed as Nagasu's primary and only coach this season in both her Team USA and ISU bios. Christa Fassi likely has been a secondary coach - Fassi works at Toyota Center in El Segundo, CA, one of the rinks where Nagasu reportedly trains.

Takahito Mura is coached by his father, Takashi: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007258.htm
    AFAIK, there has not been any official confirmation of Nagasu's plans, only hearsay information so far.
    Thanks, Sylvia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Mirai has until her next birthday to pick her citizenship right?
    You know, it occurred to me that Mirai might compete for Japan: Once Mao, Akiko, Miki and perhaps even Kanako have retired after this season, she'd have Japan all to herself and ironically, it would be easier for her to get to Worlds representing Japan than the U.S. That is the first time that was said in almost a decade.

vCash
    She'd be out of international competition for several years if she competed for Japan. (Two?)

vCash
    Wait Amy and Mirai have since parted ways!?!? What!?!? Oh my, I wonder what they argued about. It seemed like Amy was kicking Mirai's butt into gear. I wonder if it's anything similar to the Charlene Wong saga.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Wait Amy and Mirai have since parted ways!?!? What!?!? Oh my, I wonder what they argued about. It seemed like Amy was kicking Mirai's butt into gear. I wonder if it's anything similar to the Charlene Wong saga.
    So does Mirai not have a coach? Or is it someone in Japan now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie12 View Post
    So does Mirai not have a coach? Or is it someone in Japan now?
    It seems that Christa Fassi is acting as some sort of coach along with Takahiko Mura's dad I think.

vCash
    So clearly there was improvement in Mirai from her first to her second GP. Was it training in Japan, new coach, or was it once again because she was training with a high level man? Maybe that is the key with Mirai. She was at her best when training with Evan. Maybe training with Mura is giving her the same lift.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    If the rumours are true then I hope this arrangement works out great for Mirai and she skates lights out at Nationals.

vCash
    I'd love to see Mirai do well at Nationals. In fact, I'd love to see a really well-skated competition across-the-board.

O-

vCash
    I can't even follow this. Sounds like a mess, though.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Has anybody found a british eurosport version of Mirai's LP from CoR?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Has anybody found a british eurosport version of Mirai's LP from CoR?
    Nope. For some reason Frida didn't upload the ladies FS from COR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    So clearly there was improvement in Mirai from her first to her second GP. Was it training in Japan, new coach, or was it once again because she was training with a high level man? Maybe that is the key with Mirai. She was at her best when training with Evan. Maybe training with Mura is giving her the same lift.
    That's a very astute observation. You may be right that training with Mura will help Mirai do well at the nationals (and the Olympics if she makes the team).

vCash
    There is something else encouraging about all this: Mirai seems to be taking charge of her life and is acting like an adult

vCash
    Very true ^ And owning it too, she's like "Oh yeah Ashley and Gracie? Here you can have California I'll take Japan."

I have a better feeling about her condition at these Nats than I did the past two. I also think she loves the Olympics maybe more than anyone out there as a competitor. I mean geez, talk about a total switch in meaning business.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast