Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2014 US Ladies Team - Blondes

was it just coincidence that Ashley , Polina and Gracie are blondes or was there a preference and does the USFS have a current fetish for blonde caucasian girls,

your toughts

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Another one. Are we starting a brand collection of trolls?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I do believe it is a coincidence.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Well, over the last 20 years, there have only been 2 Olympic American Lady Skater medalists who were blonde, Lipinski and Sumners, the rest were all varying shades of dark (Cohen, Kwan, Kerrigan, Hughes, Yamaguchi). So if the USFA has a blonde fetish, they also have short memories. Now if they had a fetish for blondes with chubby butts, that I could go for!

Sincerely, Jerry "The More The Derriere, The More The Merrier" Denton, big fan of Liz Manley, Rachael Flatt & Elena Sokolova.

vCash
    Please - I doubt that even Mirai would pull the race card. Let it go already.

vCash
    Coincidence...and the top 2 Jr Ladies medalists also blondes. That's why I've been calling this "The Invasion of the Blonde Bombshells'!

Neither here nor there for the skating but...hey, it may help sell a lot of magazine covers and/or tickets to ice shows among the average middle-aged and older public...not FSUers. Shades of Sonja Henie or lovely Oksana Baiul.

For those who love brunette ladies, they have a lock on the couples teams (Pairs and Dance). Caydee Denney was that one blonde (real or not) pairs lady who could have quelched the 'Brunette Party' in Pairs/Dance but D/C were left off the team....Felicia Zhang, who got the nod instead of Caydee, is a gorgeous brunette!

As for the men - there's reddish blonde (Jeremy) and Brown with brown hair in a ponytail.

Crazy coincidence about the single ladies, though.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 01-13-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post

Crazy coincidence about the single ladies, though.
    Is it really though? Half the field seemed to have bleached blonde hair. Heck, half the country does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Is it really though? Half the field seemed to have bleached blonde hair. Heck, half the country does.
    you mean fake hair

vCash
    Or rather, this year blonde is the "in" thing. Everyone is dying their hair blonde. Even Leah Keiser, half Asian and as brunette as they come, has got blonde streaks going. Personally I hate the fake blonde look. I can't wait for the fad to go away faster...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    you mean fake hair
    Really? I don't think people had fake hair. Just dyed. Seems like skating with a weave/fall would be tough.

vCash
    Ashley Wagner is not a natural blonde.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    Ashley Wagner is not a natural blonde.
    I called her a bleached blonde. What do you think bleach is? Her hair color is fake. Her hair is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I called her a bleached blonde. What do you think bleach is? Her hair color is fake. Her hair is not.
    Huh? Why are you quoting me? I didn't say her hair is fake. But since you did quote me, her hair is colored and highlighted but isn't bleached--there's a difference. Some brown hair can go blonde without bleaching. Clearly you know nothing about hair coloring process. But her hair is not naturally blonde.

vCash
    Huh? Why are you quoting me? I didn't say her hair is fake. But since you did quote me, her hair is colored and highlighted but isn't bleached--there's a difference. Some brown hair can go blonde without bleaching. Clearly you know nothing about hair coloring process. But her hair is not naturally blonde.
    Sorry- I thought you were replying to me, since your post was directly after mine, where I questioned the person who said her hair was fake, after I pointed out that it isn't that much of a coincidence that the whole team is blonde since most of the field was "blonde". You were probably repling to Frau Muller, which was up quite a bit in the thread.

And yes, I am aware "bleaching" isn't done with bleach.

Shadow dancing
    vCash

vCash
    Nice. I liked Ashley a lot better as a brunette. OT: That blue dress is remarkably similar to her red R and J dress.

vCash
    Umm I'm pretty sure 99% of them aren't natural

and I'm 99.9% sure that this thread was created a few monthes ago.

But srsly, I do feel like the USFS fed push a lot of skaters into altering their appearance, which is ridiculous if they assume they are 'pretty' because they are blonde.
    See what Rachel Flatt said a few years ago about how the USFS fed told her to change her hair.

TBH Sam Cesario is the prettiest of the crop. She has a 'naturally' pretty look to me and a lot of people see that also. Not saying that everyone else is butt ugly, but she stands out in a group of fake blondes..
    Last edited by Jiazumi; 01-13-2014 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    TBH Sam Cesario is the prettiest of the crop. She has a 'naturally' pretty look to me and a lot of people see that also. Not saying that everyone else is butt ugly, but she stands out in a group of fake blondes..
    Agree that Samantha is naturally gorgeous. And if she ever changes to blonde, I'm going to personally send her a nastygram. And if USFS ever tells Sam to change her hair to blonde, they'd better check their incoming mail for a stinkbomb!

vCash
    Agree that Samantha is naturally gorgeous. And if she ever changes to blonde, I'm going to personally send her a nastygram. And if USFS ever tells Sam to change her hair to blonde, they'd better check their incoming mail for a stinkbomb!
    THANK YOU! haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast