• Virtue & Moir

109 26.78%
  • Davis & White

53 13.02%
  • other

1 0.25%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    I voted for G&P overall with my "rational brain" because I can't stand to see them ranked low, barely ahead of teams that just don't have their technical proficiency and versatility. All the bad press they got hurt them but if you can see past that, the insane difficulty level, the sense of two strong personalities and the passion is amazing. But I vote for K&P with my heart because I've never enjoyed a team more than those two!

Note to those who think there shouldn't even be a contest and T&D are the best : 1) how arrogant to impose your tastes! We all come here to debate and you'd deprive us of our fun? And 2) do consider that the rules were different then, and that innovation isn't everything.

I couldn't vote for current skaters because I think we lack perspective on their work, although I expect great things from V&M!
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Moiseeva & Minenkov

vCash
    Note to those who think there shouldn't even be a contest and T&D are the best : 1) how arrogant to impose your tastes!
    How rude of you not to acknowledge and respect them.
    Without their innovations - both as amateurs and in their professional career - the couples you prefer would not have been able to accomplish what they did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    How rude of you not to acknowledge and respect them.
    Without their innovations - both as amateurs and in their professional career - the couples you prefer would not have been able to accomplish what they did.
    Respecting them doesnt mean everyone has to think best ever for them though. There are other teams that added things to ice dance and were role models for teams to come too.

vCash
    I have the same right to my opinion that you do to yours.

vCash
    Well the person you respond to was just not agreeing with the one earlier who said there shouldnt even be a poll since only someone without a brain could ever think it it someone other than T&D. That isnt the case.

vCash
    Why are Bourne & Kraatz on the poll? Are they even considered a top 25 team of all time.

vCash
    Glad to see this poll and the tiny amount of votes for the awful grischuk and platoov. People recognizing even with their achievements they are not in the league of teams like Torvill & Dean, Virtue & Moir, or Klimova & Ponomarenko and never will be. If this poll was redone now Davis & White would get alot more votes too, putting G&P even worse off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ripingroar37 View Post
    Glad to see this poll and the tiny amount of votes for the awful grischuk and platoov. People recognizing even with their achievements they are not in the league of teams like Torvill & Dean, Virtue & Moir, or Klimova & Ponomarenko and never will be. If this poll was redone now Davis & White would get alot more votes too, putting G&P even worse off.

For this poll, we had to vote for just ONE team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post

For this poll, we had to vote for just ONE team.
    Yeah and for almost nobody that isnt G&P. Which is great to see. People see they are not in the league of the best 3 or 4 in history. They can win lots of titles but they will never be respected as great as Virtue & Moir, Torvill & Dean, Klimova & Ponomarenko, Davis & White, Bestiamanova & Bukin, or Pakhomova & Gorshkov. Those 6 are in a different league. They perhaps can reside in the second tier with teams like Usova & Zhulin, Anissina & Peizerat, Navka & Kostomarov, Moiseeva & Minenkov but that is it. The poll proves that is how people view them too and it is great to see.

vCash
    Yeah and for almost nobody that isnt G&P. Which is great to see. People see they are not in the league of the best 3 or 4 in history. They can win lots of titles but they will never be respected as great as Virtue & Moir, Torvill & Dean, Klimova & Ponomarenko, Davis & White, Bestiamanova & Bukin, or Pakhomova & Gorshkov. Those 6 are in a different league. They perhaps can reside in the second tier with teams like Usova & Zhulin, Anissina & Peizerat, Navka & Kostomarov, Moiseeva & Minenkov but that is it. The poll proves that is how people view them too and it is great to see.
    LOL
    Maybe everybody thinks they are 2nd best... This kind of poll doesn't prove anything else than 21 people think G&P are the best, whilst 271 people think it's another team...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    LOL
    Maybe everybody thinks they are 2nd best... This kind of poll doesn't prove anything else than 21 people think G&P are the best, whilst 271 people think it's another team...
    Yeah 3 teams have way more people who think they are the best than you, but you have as many or more as them who think you are atleast 2nd or 3rd best. The likelihood of that is so high.

Just face it. Pasha is an Emperor without clothes, and people see through it. They only won their Olympic gold since Klimova & Ponomarenko didnt comeback and as a reinstated pro anyway.

vCash
    Yeah 3 teams have way more people who think they are the best than you, but you have as many or more as them who think you are atleast 2nd or 3rd best. The likelihood of that is so high.

Just face it. Pasha is an Emperor without clothes, and people see through it. They only won their Olympic gold since Klimova & Ponomarenko didnt comeback and as a reinstated pro anyway.
    OK, give Oksana Grishuk a rest...
    Why putting all your hate towards her in that kind of thread about "who do you think is the best ice dance team" ? It's supposed to be a discussion about who do you think is the best, and why...not about bashing a skater you don't like.
    (by the way, I didn't vote for them)

vCash
    I am just pointing out it is great to see people arent fooled into thinking their 2 Olympic golds makes them the best ever. It is a worthless achievement anyway, and great people see that.

vCash
    ripingroar37... Considering that in another thread you wanted to put Pasha Grishuk in jail for treason, you are either Maya Usova, Tracey Wilson or Christopher Dean so your opinion of G&P has to be taken with a pinch if salt. Anyway, to me G&P are the greatest. No one had their level of difficulty at such incredible speed. Everyone who came afterwards tried to imitate them. They were in a different league to everyone else and completely unrivalled during their peak. T&D (in their prime) and K&P were of course great also.

vCash
    Best dance teams in history:

1. Virtue & Moir- by far the best ever. Without the politics against them would have won 6 straight worlds and 2 straight olympics. Nobody can match their beauty, technical mastery, and sheer perfection, even Torvill & Dean.

2. Torvill & Dean

3. Klimova & Ponomarenko- those of you who are putting K&P over T&D wake up. T&D were dominating K&P in pro competitions in the late 90s, years past their prime.

4. Bestiamanova & Bukin

5. Davis & White

6. Pahkomova & Gorshkov

7. Moiseeva & Minenkov

8. Anissina & Peizerat

9. Krylova & Ovsiannikov

10. Grischuk & Platov

See there I did put them top 10. hahaha

vCash
    Yeah because pro competitions are fair.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Best dance teams in history:

1. Virtue & Moir- by far the best ever. Without the politics against them would have won 6 straight worlds and 2 straight olympics. Nobody can match their beauty, technical mastery, and sheer perfection, even Torvill & Dean.

2. Torvill & Dean

3. Klimova & Ponomarenko- those of you who are putting K&P over T&D wake up. T&D were dominating K&P in pro competitions in the late 90s, years past their prime.

4. Bestiamanova & Bukin

5. Davis & White

6. Pahkomova & Gorshkov

7. Moiseeva & Minenkov

8. Anissina & Peizerat

9. Krylova & Ovsiannikov

10. Grischuk & Platov

See there I did put them top 10. hahaha
    But I want to say weren't their politics aganist T&D? 1994 was long ago I don't remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    But I want to say weren't their politics aganist T&D? 1994 was long ago I don't remember.
    They say there was, but they are arrogant narcissists just like G&P (although a much better dance team than G&P in their prime years). There is no evidence there was, and being they won Europeans and were allowed to decisively win the OD at both the Europeans and Olympics when they actually were the best, there is no indication of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Yeah because pro competitions are fair.
    Debbie Islam who is a renowned dance expert made this comment after the 96 world pros "Klimova & Ponomarenko are a great team but just cannot come close to matching the intricate footwork and creativity of Torvill & Dean. Just not in the same league." Her words, not mine.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast