Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I think he ended up answering about three of mine. I had to give up because it was so late (early?) and I was so tired and he was still going.

Although I think this response just won the ENTIRE AMA

TightAssHole123 -5 points 8 hours ago Are you in fact a closeted gay homosexual?

I mean, how straight can you be wearing tights and doing ballet and stuff?

MaxTAaron[S] 12 points 8 hours ago

Real men wear tights.:

The problem with that answer is that he's implying that homosexuals are not real men. Plus he was also asked about his lack of artistry and he answered something in the lines of "Yeah, I know my programas are more on the masculine side" as if being artistic only equals being girlie/feminine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    The problem with that answer is that he's implying that homosexuals are not real men. Plus he was also asked about his lack of artistry and he answered something in the lines of "Yeah, I know my programas are more on the masculine side" as if being artistic only equals being girlie/feminine.
    I don't think he's implying that at all...I think you are reading too much into his simple answers.

Max: I think last year's programs were definitely on the masculine side, but I think there were a lot of artistic elements while I was playing a character along with following the music. I have been working hard to find a nice balance between being athletic and artistic for this year's programs.
    When he uses "masculine" in this context I think he is referring more to the bad boy character of West Side Story, and to the fact that there was a strong emphasis on the jumps; he seems to be using the terms "masculine" and "athletic" interchangeably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    he seems to be using the terms "masculine" and "athletic" interchangeably.
    Which of course its kinda ignorant and a bit bs. Girls can be as athletic. I know it comes down to bad use of words in simple not so thought answers but it does reflects hiw view on things.

vCash
    Which of course its kinda ignorant and a bit bs. Girls can be as athletic. I know it comes down to bad use of words in simple not so thought answers but it does reflects hiw view on things.
    No, I think it reflects your view on things.

vCash
    "Real men wear tights."

Isn't this just a funny reference to pop culture and skating? You know, Robin Hood: Men in Tights . . . and a way to make light of a sometimes touchy subject without overtly offending anyone?
    I also hear the phrase, "Real men wear pink," when it comes to supporting breast cancer awareness.

Seems to me, it is nothing more than a toss-away phrase on a fast-past social media site. Well done, Max Aaron!

vCash
    When he uses "masculine" in this context I think he is referring more to the bad boy character of West Side Story, and to the fact that there was a strong emphasis on the jumps; he seems to be using the terms "masculine" and "athletic" interchangeably.
    I don't know- my interpretation of that was "last year I did masculine program, this year I'm working on my artistry"; I felt that he thought masculine and artistic were opposing interests. Not necessarily that masculine = athletic, because I don't think any elite skater isn't athletic, regardless of their style.

I think you can have a masculine style and be artistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I think you can have a masculine style and be artistic.
    I agree.

vCash
    ITA!!! Everyone will always interpret things in whichever way they want to, in order to form some sort of an argument.

His answers are simple, and they are diplomatic I would say. Also, the "real men wear tights" quip is clearly just a pop culture reference. I got that straight away

vCash

LOL this scaled to personal defensive replies too quickly.

vCash
    Max Aaron is part of the younger generation where the sense of humor tends to come from flippant answers and pop culture references. I don't think there's anything remotely homophobic or ignorant about 'real men wear tights' and in fact I think it's a pretty good way to answer a question from someone who very clearly is homophobic and is unlikely to change his views. Four words made it clear that Max has no issues with the 'gay' stereotypes associated with figure skating and also very clearly shut down the idiot who asked the question.

Eh?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I don't think there's anything remotely homophobic or ignorant about 'real men wear tights' and in fact I think it's a pretty good way to answer a question from someone who very clearly is homophobic [...]. Four words made it clear that Max has no issues with the 'gay' stereotypes associated with figure skating and also very clearly shut down the idiot who asked the question.
    Yep. You hit the nail on the head.

vCash
    I wonder if we will start seeing "real men wear tights" t-shirts

vCash
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Does anyone find it just a little bit funny that men are actually forbidden by the rulebook to wear tights...

vCash
    Does anyone find it just a little bit funny that men are actually forbidden by the rulebook to wear tights...
    Perhaps they want to prevent competition of another sort...

Eh?
    vCash
    Ah. I certainly remember the good ole days of the 80s and early 90s when nothing was left to the imagination.
    (Mind you, I was underage then, but I certainly enjoyed pausing the tapes on my VCR.)

vCash
    Those were the days, my friend. I can't remember how the puritan faction managed to outlaw tights. What was the reasoning behind it? I hope those easily-shocked folk never attend a ballet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Perhaps they want to prevent competition of another sort...
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Ah. I certainly remember the good ole days of the 80s and early 90s when nothing was left to the imagination.
    (Mind you, I was underage then, but I certainly enjoyed pausing the tapes on my VCR.)
    Imagine how it would be now in the days of hi-tech High Def with frame-by-frame technology.

Oh, not to mention the coming era (or so the marketing departments tell me) of 3D TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Where is that Vanessa Riley clip on youtube when you need it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast