vCash

Michelle Kwan at Tokyo World Sports Values Summit for Peace, live streamed July 18-19

Here's the official site, mainly in Japanese: http://www.sports-summit.jp/index.html

http://www.sports-summit.jp/about.html
    World Sports Values Summit for Peace in Tokyo is organized by the International Sports Promotion Society (ISPS) and Worldwide Support for Development (WSD).
    It brings together 47 sports experts from 16 nations around the globe.
    The summit will feature a large number of expert panelists, including academics, commentators, and sportspeople such as Yuko Arimori, ice skater Hiroyasu Shimizu, former boxing champion Akinobu Hiranaka, and professional wrestler The Great Sasuke from earthquake-affected Tohoku.
    Japan will share the ways the country can contribute to the world through sports.
    This summit follows the Olympic Values: London and Beyond symposium held from June 29 to July 1, 2012.
    The next edition is planned for Washington, DC, in January 2014.
    Kwan is pictured on this page: http://www.sports-summit.jp/keynotespeech.html
    Round Table – Sport and the Reconstruction
    The power of sport is its power to boost the recovery effort in Tohoku, its power for human life, and its power for peace. Sport gave courage and hope to the people who suffered from the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake. It contributed greatly to their happiness and to their recovery.
    Participants in the symposium will discuss and share their ideas on what sport can do for people’s happiness, for the reconstruction in Tohoku, and for world peace. Mr. Haruhisa Handa will moderate the symposium with Evander Holyfield and Michelle Kwan.
    Can someone post the scheduled start time for this session on Thursday, July 18?

This is the live stream channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/world-...mmit-for-peace
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Thanks for the link, Sylvia. Love to see Michelle engaged in activities that continue to give her a sense of passion and purpose. I'm sure she'll do a great job, as always, in representing her sport and her country.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I scrolled down, and it showed upcoming times/show: Wednesday 8 p.m. and Thursday 11 p.m. CST time. I'm assuming it's for the live stream. Thanks for the information, Sylvia.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Thanks from me as well, Sylvia!

vCash
    "The Power of Sport and reconstruction" opening plenary session and keynote and special lectures - Wednesday at 6:00pm PT / 9:00pm ET

Thursday Live Steam appears to be closing events to the conference. - Thursday at 9:00pm PT / 12 Midnight ET
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    She looks wonderful as always. But she and Evander Holyfield? Not your everyday team.