vCash

Navarro/Bommentre on AGT tonight

If anyone is interested the aerial/skating routine they profiled on IceNetwork, will be shown tonight on the America's Got Talent rerun at 7.

vCash
    I tuned in, but I guess too late. Did they make it through?
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I think they are going to Vegas.
    I thought that I recognized him...
    The whole troupe was very entertaining.

vCash
    US Figure Skating just tweeted that they made it through directly to NYC - Radio City Music Hall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    US Figure Skating just tweeted that they made it through directly to NYC - Radio City Music Hall
    We've been discussing this here - Glad to hear they made it through.

vCash
    I'm counting on all you folks out there in Skating Land to let me know when Aerial Ice will be on next. I saw episode 1 in NYC and had a VERY hard time watching all the extraneous bull-hokey (which was about 99.9% of the show.)

Please Please Please keep me up to date on their progress. Their act looks amazing!

vCash

vCash
    I'm speechless.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Watch and vote tonight! http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    Figure skating takes the stage Tuesday night on NBC as the aerial skating team Aerial Ice makes its bid for the America's Got Talent semifinals. Twelve acts will compete live on the Radio City Music Hall stage during the live show, and viewers will have the opportunity to vote by phone and online.

Aerial Ice is made up of U.S. world team ice dancers Kim Navarro and Brent Bommentre, professional pair Tosha Hanford and Chris Trefil, and aerial skating artists Angela Kim and Joel Dear. The sextet has been hard at work putting together a routine they hope will capture the imagination of a huge nationwide audience and put them one step closer to the prize.

"We're really excited," Navarro said. "We've been watching the shows on Tuesday night and when I watch, I have to admit, I get nervous. It's a huge stage, and Radio City is so iconic. The production is so good."

"It's much bigger," Dear said. "The proscenium is much higher, and the stage itself is larger. We're planning to use the larger stage. We have more synthetic ice we're using this time to help with filling out the space."

Four acts will move on to the semifinal round, vying for the ultimate prize of $1 million and the opportunity to headline a show on the Las Vegas Strip. The winner will also star in a two-month tour of several acts from the show.

To vote for Aerial Ice on Twitter, tweet "#voteAGT Aerial Ice" after the show.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    They did a wonderful job representing skating. A lot of support from the skating community was nice to see. USFS encouraging them to vote through twitter. Sarah Hughes there supporting them, both through emails and in person. And, after not making it to go on to the next round, Alex Shibutani tweeting his disappointment yet pride in how they carried themselves.