Thursday – 7:00pm
    Friday – 7:00pm
    Saturday – 1:00pm & 7:00pm
    Sunday – 2:00pm

Guest skaters scheduled to appear:
    Patrick Chan – Sunday, June 8
    Alissa Czisny – Thursday, Friday, Saturday 1pm & Saturday 7pm
    Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker – Friday, Saturday 7pm, & Sunday
    Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton, 2014 World Team Competitors – All performances
    Event & ticket info: http://dscclub.com/ice-show/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Skate Canada's website currently confirms 2 national team members that will perform in the show:
    Patrick Chan (June 8)
    Elladj Balde (June 7-8)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Updated guest skater list:
    Patrick Chan,
    2014 Olympic Silver Medalist and 3-time World Champion – Sunday, June 8

Narumi Takahashi & Ryuichi Kihara,
    2014 Olympic Team & 2014 Japanese National Pairs Champions – Thursday, Saturday 1pm, & Saturday 7pm

Alissa Czisny,
    2009 & 2011 US Ladies Champion, 2011 ISU Grand Prix Final Ladies Champion –
    Thursday, Friday, Saturday 1pm & Saturday 7pm

Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker,
    2014 Junior World Champions and 2014 Junior National Champions – Friday, Saturday 7pm, & Sunday

Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton,
    2014 World Competitors, Junior World Medalists, 2-time US Junior Dance Champions – All performances

Elladj Balde,
    2014 World Team Competitor – Friday, Saturday 1pm, & Saturday 7pm

Georgia Glastris,
    4-time Greek Ladies National Champion – Friday & Sunday
    Abbott, Weaver/Poje, Paul/Islam, Hubbell(hope she's healing well)/Donohue must be out of town next week?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-30-2014 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    Weaver/Poje and Paul/Islam are both listed for the Canadian Olympian Celebration of Excellence next weekend (albeit along with Chan who's still planning an appearance). W/P have also been tweeting about going on vacation after their obligations in Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Weaver/Poje and Paul/Islam are both listed for the Canadian Olympian Celebration of Excellence next weekend (albeit along with Chan who's still planning an appearance). W/P have also been tweeting about going on vacation after their obligations in Canada.
    I think they all deserved a brief holiday before the hard work begins. I thought Balde is performing on 8 June too?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Balde wasn't on the Olympic team, so he doesn't have the same scheduling conflict.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Weaver/Poje and Paul/Islam are both listed for the Canadian Olympian Celebration of Excellence next weekend (albeit along with Chan who's still planning an appearance).
    Thanks for the reminder. Relevant excerpt:
    The Sochi 2014 Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Teams will be making public appearances starting on June 4 at Ottawa-area schools and hospitals as well as the House of Commons. The Heroes Tour, consisting of school and hospital visits, will be making its way through Calgary, Banff, Red Deer and Edmonton on June 5 and the Sochi 2014 Parade of Champions will be hosted by the City of Calgary on June 6.
    Turns out Abbott is on vacation in Idaho this week.

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I thought Balde is performing on 8 June too?
    That date was originally listed on Skate Canada's website but maybe it was changed later?

vCash
    Any reports and vids from those who attended this ice show?

vCash
    I'll be attending tomorrow- I'll report back

vCash
    Thank you, bronwynsings.

vCash
    I went to the show last night! Great show, lots of good music. Jon Luc and Kaitlyn skated (I'm not good at music). Blade, Alissa, Aldridge and Eaton all skated. So did the Japanese pairs. Place was pretty packed. Alissa skated accompanied by a violinist. I will post some photos to the show a little later. Today PDiddy is suppose to skate. I just didn't have the time to go out there.
    sidenote, looks like they are resurfacing the ice on B rink. So that's why most of the skaters and coaches are out of town. There was no ice the past week.
    The little kids are so cute!

vCash
    Thanks mysticchic. Hope the vids will surface soon. Alissa skating to just violin music? That's sounds interesting!

vCash
    I've found and shared a link to Alissa's program where she's accompanied by a violinist... it's simply beautiful!:

http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard

vCash
    Well now that I have a chance to write a report on Sunday's show I will

The soloists were wonderful. You can tell DSC is where Alissa trains because they all had absolutely gorgeous spin positions. Some of those girls I would not be surprised if we see them become bigger names in the future!

Aldridge/Eaton skated to Blurred Lines. She was dressed in dowdy clothes and nerdy glasses that were removed to reveal a sparkly romper-type outfit. It was kinda cringeworthy but they had some fantastic lifts.

Patrick skated to a Michael Buble song and although he fell on both jumps, his skating skils really live up to their legendary status. Absolutely amazing. He took pictures with me and my friend after the show which was INSANELY cool

Hawayek/Baker skated to a song I can't remember off-hand. They were phenomenal (especially Jean Luc) and I'm very optimistic about their future!

Georgia Glastris also skated to a song I can't remember off-hand but she was very very good. She's very stunning on the ice.

A/E and H/B also took part in the ice dance group number, and Daniel and Jean Luc were also in the men's number along with Elladj Balde. They all ended up shirtless and Elladj did his backflip.

It was a fantastic show, and at the end they said something about the Olympics, and had all the youngest children in a giant sled pushed by other skaters. The sled had an Olympic torch, the rings, and flags in the Olympic colors, and all the children held a silver balloon. Patrick was sitting in the top of the sled

DSC put on a great show. Fabulous job to all the skaters and their coaches and choreographers!

vCash
    Thanks for sharing, bronwynsings!

luckiest reported in the Patrick Chan uber thread that the Buble song was "Best of Me" (one of his CSOI solo numbers): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4276319

Here's the direct link to Alissa's classical number to Liszt (one of her SOI solos) with the live violinist accompanying her on June 7 (thanks, N_Halifax): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juBVIaC1vrQ
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-09-2014 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    I've found and shared a link to Alissa's program where she's accompanied by a violinist... it's simply beautiful!:

http://www.facebook.com/SkateGuard
    Thank you so much! Breathtaking beautifully skated program from Alissa!

Great report bronwynsings, sounds like it was a great show!

vCash
    Here is a link to some of my photos. I made them public so you should be able to see them. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    You can add me if you want to!!