• Slutskaya

103 40.71%
  • Kwan

142 56.13%
  • neither, someone else

8 3.16%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Is Slutskaya not well liked on this forum? I just sense people dont really like her here or want to give her the credit she deserves for her skating. I dont understand some people in this thread talking about them like they are a universe apart as skaters. How did Irina be such a strong rival for Kwan almost her whole career if they arent of somewhat similar ability? I would think that even if I were a Kwan fan (well a reasonable one atleast).

Irina does do alot of things better than Michelle. It is not like you are comparing Kwan to Suguri or Butyrskaya for example. Because Irina does alot of things better than Michelle, and Michelle does alot of things better than Irina they had a close rivalry, exchanged alot of wins, and had close career achievements which would suggest close to equal caliber of skaters.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanoverrated View Post
    Is Slutskaya not well liked on this forum? I just sense people dont really like her here or want to give her the credit she deserves for her skating. I dont understand some people in this thread talking about them like they are a universe apart as skaters. How did Irina be such a strong rival for Kwan almost her whole career if they arent of somewhat similar ability? I would think that even if I were a Kwan fan (well a reasonable one atleast).
    Considering your screen name, I think you are more like an unreasonable non-Kwan fan, so there is no point trying to explain.

vCash
    I loved both Michelle and Irina and it's hard for me to pick one (but I did vote for Michelle). They were very different skaters. Both were great competitors, but Michelle was a better competitor. I loved the softness in Michelle's skating and the power in Irina's. Both had great personality on the ice and they connected with the audience so well. Both had stellar long careers. I really hate to pick just one of them. I miss them both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I loved both Michelle and Irina and it's hard for me to pick one (but I did vote for Michelle). They were very different skaters. Both were great competitors, but Michelle was a better competitor. I loved the softness in Michelle's skating and the power in Irina's. Both had great personality on the ice and they connected with the audience so well. Both had stellar long careers. I really hate to pick just one of them. I miss them both.
    What I notice most is you seem to think this is a harder call than your comments on the Kwan vs Kim thread which you seem to think is Kwan by far. I hope you dont think Irina Slutskaya is a better skater than Yu Na Kim since that would be pretty funny. Irina and Kim are easiest to compare since both are technical skaters first and foremost, and Kim is a way better technical skater than Irina, plus a better artist by an even bigger margin too, and more consistent and a stronger competitor than Irina also.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usova94gold View Post
    Irina and Kim are easiest to compare since both are technical skaters first and foremost, and Kim is a way better technical skater than Irina, plus a better artist by an even bigger margin too, and more consistent and a stronger competitor than Irina also.
    I think there is some margin for debate regarding the technical skating since Irina had a 3Lutz-3Loop and all the triples, while Kim does not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usova94gold View Post
    What I notice most is you seem to think this is a harder call than your comments on the Kwan vs Kim thread which you seem to think is Kwan by far. I hope you dont think Irina Slutskaya is a better skater than Yu Na Kim since that would be pretty funny. Irina and Kim are easiest to compare since both are technical skaters first and foremost, and Kim is a way better technical skater than Irina, plus a better artist by an even bigger margin too, and more consistent and a stronger competitor than Irina also.
    We are not comparing Irina vs. Yu na, so your comment means nothing. we are not doing algebra here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456