Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Lea's rep released another statement after the autopsy results were announced. She has been with his family and is helping to make the arrangements.

As much as I feel for her, this is the second statement she has released since the death, and she keeps asking for privacy. I never get why people ask for privacy through official statements that bring attention to them.
    A second statement to me would mean that the harassment that occurred before the first statement escalated to such a greater level that a second statement for privacy was issued.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    They aren't giving details of what they found. But, to me, evidence of a drug overdose is evidence that Cory acquired drugs and used them. That is new information. Feel free to parse my language, but I don't get the point of that kind of parsing or trying to speculate that the evidence of the drug overdose was that he was trying to open a window because he was having trouble breathing. The bottom line is that the poor guy used drugs and he died from an overdose in his hotel room, and there was evidence of that in his hotel room.
    I wasn't picking on you and what you said; I was just trying to contribute to the conversation about what exactly the officials said and what it might mean. By speculating, which I clearly said I was doing, I was just pointing out that what the police found at the scene didn't necessarily mean what some media stories are concluding, and further to BigB's point, based on what was in the room, there might be additional interest in what he was doing and who he was with before he got back to the hotel room. That's all.

vCash
    Cory's body has been cremated. There was a private viewing for his family and Lea before the cremation, but his father was not invited.

Dianna Agron (Quinn) has made a statement as well. Among the wonderful things she said was "Cory is so deserving of that place in everyone's hearts. He was one of the most generous and kind people that I have ever met. He had a smart, curious mind, he was an enormous talent. He was loving to not only me but my family."

Also, the Glee writers had an emergency meeting today to decide what is going to happen, though the show will definitely continue.

And finally, with regards to the evidence found, what I recall reading right after the fact was that there was no evidence of illicit drug use in the room. Which I'm taking to mean there were no needles, no razors or cocaine residue (they didn't know it was heroin at the time...), no bags of drugs, etc. That doesn't mean that they did not find vomit, signs of use on his body, the room in disarray, etc. They could have suspected drugs (as everyone else did), but couldn't find any actual drugs in the room.

vCash
    Also, the Glee writers had an emergency meeting today to decide what is going to happen, though the show will definitely continue.
    I'm not sure what people assume his death would mean a death for the show, that's a little overboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I'm not sure what people assume his death would mean a death for the show, that's a little overboard.
    If they don't have his character die, I think the fans would feel like it's a bad solution. They know what happened, and to say something like 'Oh, Finn moved to LA,' wouldn't be satisfactory. But then, I also think, they can't have his character die of a drug overdose - that would be profiting off the reasons for his death (and wouldn't make sense since Finn never had issues with drugs). I think they'll do something like a car crash, or being caught in a convenience store robbery or something like that.

vCash

Sad news: Glee star Cory Monteith found dead today in Vancouver

I don't know how they can kill the character of Finn off, and then have the cast go through the motions of mourning Finn while they are still mourning Cory. I know other shows have dealt with this but they did not have the situation where the actors off camera relationship was the same as on camera, meaning Cory and Lea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I don't know how they can kill the character of Finn off, and then have the cast go through the motions of mourning Finn while they are still mourning Cory. I know other shows have dealt with this but they did not have the situation where the actors off camera relationship was the same as on camera, meaning Cory and Lea.
    It's not going to be easy at all for her. However, I trust that the producers, writers, FOX, and the rest of the crew will be sensitive to her needs. I also trust that Lea will be a professional, as hard as it is, and do what needs to be done to ensure that the show will go on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I agree, reckless behavior doesn't need to involve drugs and alcohol.
    If I remember right, it was the other guys fault He pulled out of a side road and turned in front of James Dean and Dean couldn't stop to avoid him.
    But, hey, I'm going on memory and not looking it up so I could remember wrong.

Edit
    I must have quoted the wrong post.
    I was referring to whoever was talking about Rebel Without A Cause actor dying in a car accident.

Also I want to add my 2 cents and say I hope they don't kill him off on the show. Yeah, let him move to LA or go to college or go back in the army or something. I think it would just be too much to kill him off.
    Last edited by Latte; 07-18-2013 at 01:54 AM.

vCash
    If they don't have his character die, I think the fans would feel like it's a bad solution. They know what happened, and to say something like 'Oh, Finn moved to LA,' wouldn't be satisfactory.
    I think the fans would just have to deal with it, if that's the solution that works best for whatever's been planned for next season. I'm not sure where the show would be in the preparation/shooting schedule, but depending on what the character was supposed to do next season, the writers and staff might not have enough time or resources to develop a lot of alternatives. I would hope the fans would care more about the interests of the people who work on the show, and not so much about whatever outcome they personally would like to see happen.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I'm not sure that would work...I personally think that the writers always meant for Finn and Rachel to end up together by the series finale. To not even have him in her life at that point would be very, very odd.

Like I said before, Glee has never shied away from a subject because it was uncomfortable or hard. I'm sure there is a way to give Finn the exit he deserves while maintaining sensitivity and professionalism. He IS Glee...you can't just make him go without letting anyone say goodbye.

vCash
    I also think it's wrong to not acknowledge his death either. It wouldn't make sense for Finn to just vanish, and I think it'd be a better tribute to have Finn die since he is associated with Monteith. The characters on the show can say good-bye to Finn the way their real-life counterparts have to say good bye to Monteith. It is difficult, but I think in the end, it'd be a nice tribute.

vCash
    Formally or informally, a lot of the actors and crew have already acknowledged Monteith's passing and expressed their sadness. For me, expressing that same grief through performance should not be that much more difficult for them--and I don't see how that it would be more difficult than acting as if Finn is alive and well but living his life in Africa or wherever.

It comes down to tone. Granted, the show has been accused of crossing the line quite often but I just don't think that this will be the case here.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Sad news: Glee star Cory Monteith found dead today in Vancouver

I think they should have him die in the first episode, maybe in a car accident or something. Then hold a funeral where everyone says goodbye. It would be very fitting. I think the actors would like that opportunity to say goodbye to a character they spent a lot of time with and learned to love just as they did the actor who played him.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Still no statements or activity on Twitter from many of the main cast members/original Glee clubbers: Chris Colfer, Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Amber Riley ... they must be heartbroken.

I was a huge Glee fan for seasons 1, 2 and halfway through 3 before I stopped watching. I agree that Finn's character needs to die in some way - leaving suddenly just doesn't fit with his character.

vCash
    I think that the show should use this tragedy to educate. I realize it will be painful for the cast. But, with a young audience, it could inform and educate in a way that D.A.R.E. and other drug avoidance programs can't. Maybe his death could help others who are suffering as he did. It could be done with sensitivity as a plot line. Or they could dedicate a show, out of story line, to him and how he died. A sort of memorial, which educates. Not vilifying him, acknowledging addiction as an illness and how to see warning signs in friends, how to help, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I'm not sure that would work...I personally think that the writers always meant for Finn and Rachel to end up together by the series finale. To not even have him in her life at that point would be very, very odd.

Like I said before, Glee has never shied away from a subject because it was uncomfortable or hard. I'm sure there is a way to give Finn the exit he deserves while maintaining sensitivity and professionalism. He IS Glee...you can't just make him go without letting anyone say goodbye.
    This is the main reason I think they need to have Finn die. It's always been implied that Rachel and Finn will end up together. In one of the season 3 episodes, Finn (when beating up the man whore boyfriend) referred to Rachel as his future wife. There needs to be some sort of closure to the relationship. And also, it doesn't make sense that Finn would just up and leave the glee club like that. Even with his college enrollment, he was still helping out with glee at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they delay the season premiere. It would give more time for the cast and crew to mourn, and would also give the writers more time to adapt the scripts. So maybe they'll go back to production in September and premiere in November or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think that the show should use this tragedy to educate. I realize it will be painful for the cast. But, with a young audience, it could inform and educate in a way that D.A.R.E. and other drug avoidance programs can't. Maybe his death could help others who are suffering as he did. It could be done with sensitivity as a plot line. Or they could dedicate a show, out of story line, to him and how he died. A sort of memorial, which educates. Not vilifying him, acknowledging addiction as an illness and how to see warning signs in friends, how to help, etc.
    I agree; it could help a lot of people if the producers take this approach to his death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    If I remember right, it was the other guys fault He pulled out of a side road and turned in front of James Dean and Dean couldn't stop to avoid him.
    But, hey, I'm going on memory and not looking it up so I could remember wrong.

Edit
    I must have quoted the wrong post.
    I was referring to whoever was talking about Rebel Without A Cause actor dying in a car accident.
    At any rate, had Dean not been going over 30 miles above the limit, the accident may have been avoided. He was ticketed a couple of hours earlier for speeding.

vCash
    Difficult as it will be for all concerned, I hope that they decide to do this.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Or the creators could write a whole new character based on their relationship with Cory and develop the story over the course of a whole season. This might be an even more powerful teaching tool.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast