Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I just read on the Yahoo news site that the guy who plays brody and the girl who plays marley are engaged.
    Must be something in the water at the glee set.
    I am waiting on pins and needles to find out what was the results of Cory's autopsy. I hope it wasn't a drug overdose. I t would be easier to take if it was a heartatack or some other organ failure than if he had done it to himself by taking more drugs.

vCash
    Apparently the toxicology results will be shared in the next few days because of the level of interest in the case.

vCash
    http://www.people.com/people/article...715AM-20717391

Cory Monteith Was 'In Great Spirits' Two Days Before Death
    By MARY GREEN
    07/14/2013 at 11:00 PM EDT

Excerpt:

Two days before he was found dead, Cory Monteith enjoyed "a quiet night with a lot of laughing" with one of his first mentors, Maureen Webb.

"He looked so good, so healthy," Webb, the co-founder of Project Limelight Society, a Vancouver charity close to the actor's heart, tells PEOPLE. "I hadn't seen him look that good in a long time."
    http://www.people.com/people/gallery...715AM-20717363

Cory Monteith & Lea Michele: Their Love Story (in photos)
    How the couple's reel-to-real romance grew from cozy costar days to tough togetherness

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...source=twitter

Matthew Morrison Pays Tribute to Cory Monteith at NYC Concert
    By Kimberly Nordyke, The Hollywood Reporter | July 15, 2013 9:05 AM EDT

Excerpt:

A day after Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel, his Glee co-star Matthew Morrison paid tribute to the actor during a Manhattan concert.

Morrison, appearing Sunday at 54 Below, called Monteith a brother and expressed his sadness at the actor's death,according to the New York Times.

He also changed his opening song to an a capella version of "What I Did for Love," from A Chorus Line. Lea Michele, who was dating Monteith at the time of his death, performed the song in "Glee"'s second season.

Morrison told the crowd that he felt "awkward" going ahead with Sunday's performance but said he would continue "in Cory's honor."
    Last edited by dardar1126; 07-15-2013 at 05:25 PM.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    This is really sad. My heart goes out to his friends, family and everyone who loved him. RIP, Cory.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    One thing to remember is that it is very dangerous to use again after going through detox and getting clean. The person often goes right back to using the same amount they did before but they forget that because they are clean they no longer have the kind of tolerance they used to. They end up taking an overdose that just months ago would have only been enough for a good high. I am afraid this is what happened to him.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    There are unconfirmed reports that Lea had dumped Cory and he went on a bender. I won't care to postulate since 1) it doesn't change what happened and 2) Lea is already suffering enough.
    I'd take that with a pinch of salt...given other reports they were getting married. Even if it is true, Lea can't be held accountable for Cory's emotional dependence on drugs, assuming it was indeed an OD.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    One thing to remember is that it is very dangerous to use again after going through detox and getting clean. The person often goes right back to using the same amount they did before but they forget that because they are clean they no longer have the kind of tolerance they used to. They end up taking an overdose that just months ago would have only been enough for a good high. I am afraid this is what happened to him.
    That's precisely what happened to a friend of mine
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Maybe we shouldn't be speculating on what happened to him until there is more definitive information. The only thing that seems to be sure at this point is that foul play was not involved.

vCash
    I don't see anything wrong with speculating. We are all thinking it and no one is talking bad about him if he did die from drugs. We all understand it is a horrible disease, no one is judging from what I can tell.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    From my homepage today.

Twenty of Cory's greatest Glee performances:

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/co...s-video-103006
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    It's sad and what will be sadder is if it's found that his death was b/c of drugs. I guess we'll find out...

vCash
    Naya Rivera (Santana) released an official statement.
    "Cory was and always will be a part of my own family and a good friend. He was a special part of this world and will forever be missed. My heart goes out to Cory’s family and Lea and while we are grateful for everyone's well wishes, privacy during this time of grief is greatly appreciated."
    This seems to show that things were still good between him and Lea...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with speculating. We are all thinking it and no one is talking bad about him if he did die from drugs. We all understand it is a horrible disease, no one is judging from what I can tell.
    But we don't even know if he died from drugs or from something else. That is what I am saying maybe we should wait to find out.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I can't link the article (not good at doing that on the new phone just yet) but I just read an article earlier that said that Lea was looking forward to starting a family with him in the future. I can't even begin to imagine how she's feeling- they seemed like they were really good for each other. So sad.

I stopped watching Glee during season 3, but even when he annoyed me Finn was a great character, and there will be a huge hole on the show now. Cory seems to have been a really amazing person, and it's sad that he had so many struggles.

Thinking of his family, friends and Lea.

vCash
    Apparently the first 5 episodes were already written and were pretty Finn heavy. As wrong as it seems to be thinking about the show right now, it is going to be a struggle for the writers to rewrite everything. Most shows go back to production in mid to late July to be ready for their September premiere dates, so unless the premiere is pushed back, it will be a struggle to get everything redone in time.

vCash
    I was totally shocked and saddened when the news of Cory's death flashed across my TV screen this weekend. I'm still finding it hard to believe. Gone much, much too young (same age as my nephew). Condolences to his family, loved ones, and friends.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 39m
    It could be days before toxicology test results are in on Cory Monteith: http://apne.ws/17gNKNQ -KK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I just read on the Yahoo news site that the guy who plays brody and the girl who plays marley are engaged.
    Nope - the guy who plays Ryder (Blake Jenner) and the girl who plays Marley (Melissa Benoist) are apparently engaged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:
    In that same article (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/glee-...orial-monteith) it says “Vancouver police Sgt. Randy Fincham said there's nothing to indicate the death was due to illicit drug use.”

vCash
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...lees-heartbeat

Cory Monteith: Thoughts on Losing 'Glee's Heartbeat

By Rae Votta | July 14, 2013 11:00 PM EDT

Excerpt:

Early Sunday morning (late Saturday night on the west coast) my phone began to light up with text messages. First it was rumors that "Glee" star Cory Monteith had passed away, and then came condolences once the Vancouver police confirmed his death. People were checking to see if I was all right. I didn't know Cory personally, but my friends know I've spent countless hours writing about Cory and "Glee" for Billboard and other news organizations. I'm a gleek, and as one I'm deeply saddened by the loss of Cory.

It's a blessing to write about Cory before we have an autopsy, before the specter of reasons for his death cloud our memory and our sorrow over it. All what's important is a young man with a lot of promise died too soon, which is an all-too frequent tale whether we're talking about television stars or ordinary kids.

vCash

Sad news: Glee star Cory Monteith found dead today in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    But we don't even know if he died from drugs or from something else. That is what I am saying maybe we should wait to find out.
    Which is why it's just speculation. I think we are all mature enough to know the difference.
    -Brian

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast