Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    I still can't believe it. I'm not a huge movie watcher generally and while I was sorry to hear about deaths like Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy...this hits more. RIP Cory.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Wow, what terrible news. Prayers to his family, friends and co-stars in this terrible time.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir 6h
    One of the kindest people in all Hollywood, RIP Cory. You made so many people believe in themselves, and with such warmth.

Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir 6h
    RIP Cory Monteith. @ Sun Valley Lodge http://instagram.com/p/bvbvo4BhUH/

vCash
    ^^^
    What a lovely tribute from Johnny.

vCash
    Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello 3h
    GLEE Cast Takes to Twitter to Mourn Co-Star Cory Monteith http://tvline.com/2013/07/13/cory-monteith-dead-at-31/

vCash
    Glee, for better or for worse, has always prided themselves on being *that* show that takes almost every issue and bit of current cultural discussion, and makes it relevant to the lives of their characters. When the time comes, I can only hope that they give Finn the send-off that he deserves and give the characters a chance to say goodbye if they so wish. He was such a huge part of the show; for some reason it wouldn't seem right to have Finn just "move away to California" or something. I'm sure the writers and creators will handle Finn's departure with dignity and respect.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Glee, for better or for worse, has always prided themselves on being *that* show that takes almost every issue and bit of current cultural discussion, and makes it relevant to the lives of their characters. When the time comes, I can only hope that they give Finn the send-off that he deserves and give the characters a chance to say goodbye if they so wish. He was such a huge part of the show; for some reason it wouldn't seem right to have Finn just "move away to California" or something. I'm sure the writers and creators will handle Finn's departure with dignity and respect.
    I hope you're right. There's a huge burden in being a show that so many young people take so seriously, and I think you're right that the producers are likely to feel that sense of responsibility. It would be the right thing to do for the fans -- and of course the right thing to do to honour Cory. It's a tough thing to get right, though, especially when those involved in the show will themselves be grieving. I don't envy them that task.

vCash
    Lea Michele's rep has released a statement asking for "respect for her privacy during this devastating time." I can't even begin to imagine what she (and his family and friends) are going through. He seemed like he was good for her (she seemed much 'lighter' since they got together) and I feel horribly for however they are going to incorporate his death into the show. It will be devastating to her to go through it on the show as well. I can't imagine the person I love dying, and then having to also have that person die (or 'move away') at work after the fact.

Thoughts are with everyone whose life he touched.

vCash
    I honestly didn't know they were together in real life. Is it true they were going to be married soon?

vCash
    I hadn't heard that and can't find anything to confirm it that didn't pop up last night in the Twitter madness. Matthew Morrison said about a month ago that he planned on singing at their wedding, but it sounded like more of a "when they eventually get married some time in the future" than that they were actually engaged.

vCash
    Incredibly sad news

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    I still can't believe it. I'm not a huge movie watcher generally and while I was sorry to hear about deaths like Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy...this hits more. RIP Cory.
    For me, it hits less. Heath Ledger was hard...possibly because he was younger, a father, and a cultural icon in my country. Amy Winehouse was tragic but not unexpected. This is both tragic and unexpected, but having lost a friend in real life who died suddenly years after seemingly overcoming his addictions, I don't find it so hard to fathom

By all accounts, he was a genuinely nice guy who everybody loved. It's a huge loss to his family and the Glee community. My heart breaks for his loved ones.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    What a tragedy. I stopped watching Glee last season but for a couple of years there, it really was my TV highlight of the week. Poor guy, and how terrible for Lea and his family and friends.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I..wow...I don't even know what to say to this. He went to rehab earlier this year, I know no official cause has come out yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an overdose. Such a tragedy.
    My first thought also. Or it could be heart failure from so many years of drug use.

RIP Cory
    Last edited by Latte; 07-14-2013 at 10:02 PM.

vCash
    Another thing that can happen is that someone who is treated for a drug addiction, believes that alcohol is not their problem. Often, they are put on prescription meds. to treat an underlying psychiatric problem, the combination of alcohol and the prescription meds can be highly dangerous. Especially in someone who may already have damaged their organs.

vCash
    So, so sad.

Dot-Marie Jones is staying at the same resort as Mr. DaveRocks and me (we are currently on our honeymoon). We saw her at breakfast this morning, hobbling to her table in her knee brace, and her head hanging low. I feel terribly for her. If we had bumped into her yesterday, we would have excitedly said hello to her. Today, however, is very, very sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    What a tragedy. I stopped watching Glee last season but for a couple of years there, it really was my TV highlight of the week. Poor guy, and how terrible for Lea and his family and friends.
    Same here. Really really sad.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I haven't watched Glee in quite a while either but this news hit me hard this morning. He was way too young to die and my heart aches for his family and friends (especially poor Lea). So so sad and just unfathomable to me right now.

RIP Cory
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    TMZ posted a video, taken about a month ago, of Cory and Lea being happy and almost giddy at LAX:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/14/cory-m...michele-video/

This just brings home how sad this all is.

vCash
    There are unconfirmed reports that Lea had dumped Cory and he went on a bender. I won't care to postulate since 1) it doesn't change what happened and 2) Lea is already suffering enough.

It's sad but not uncommon in Hollywood. In fact, the parties I've seen the MOST drugs at are the so called "teen" or "young Hollywood" events where there are celebs there as young as 13-14.

It's just a reality of the business, sadly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    There are unconfirmed reports that Lea had dumped Cory and he went on a bender. I won't care to postulate since 1) it doesn't change what happened and 2) Lea is already suffering enough.

It's sad but not uncommon in Hollywood. In fact, the parties I've seen the MOST drugs at are the so called "teen" or "young Hollywood" events where there are celebs there as young as 13-14.

It's just a reality of the business, sadly.
    Sadly, it's been a reality of certain industries for a long time. 30 years ago, when my Advertising firm had their Christmas party, they had it at a very upscale NYC hotel. There was a suite, upstairs, that only certain people were invited to. Being late 20's (at the time) I was invited. I walked in and saw the bowls of coke and pills and walked out. Not something I wanted to be involved with. However, it seems like this has become more mainstream lately. In addition to celebrities, I am hearing of far too many young people overdosing. Some fatally, some rescued. It is a travesty that we do nothing about it. It is a bigger travesty that our society and it's judgmental nature contributes to it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast