View Poll Results: Kostner vs Ando- better career

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kostner

103 63.98%
  • Ando

58 36.02%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    Ando never had the whole package. In 2007 she hit her jumping peak but didnt have the artistry. In 2011 she had improved her spins and presentation but didnt have great difficulty in her jumps anymore.
    I liked Ando's artistry in 2007. Her skating was very passionate. It was superior to, let us say, the current Olympic Champion's artistry

vCash
    Those "sit" spins that Ando attempted from 2007 Worlds clearly show why the ISU became more stringent about what constitutes a sit position.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    duplicate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    I liked Ando's artistry in 2007, which was very passionate. It was better than the artistry of, let us say, the currently Olympic Champion
    I do agree on your last point. I still dont think she was as polished or musical as 2011, and most of all her non jump elements like spins and spirals were not yet as good. If she could combine her 2007 passion and jumps with her 2011 skating otherwise it would be her best ever package. Either way I would agree with the previous posters that the only way Kostner could medal in Sochi even with her best ever skating is if she were a Russian lady, in which case she would win the gold with either her 2007 or 2011 level of skating.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234