5 3.76%
  • Murakami

4 3.01%
  • Li

7 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Has Gold has actually improved or are people just saying that? Being that performance, presentation, artistry, interpretation, etc. are Gracie's weakest areas, that's the area people are most anxious to see improvement...is it a case of seeing something there b/c you want to see something there? Or has she actually improved? I remember the commentators going on and on about how artistic Irina became in the early 2000s but I never once saw it. It got to the point where I was pretty sure they were trying to convince themselves and the audience to see something that wasn't really there. With Gracie, I think I'll wait and judge for myself...

That said I think Gracie has a shot at sneaking onto the podium but she'd have to turn in two flawless skates, particularly in the FS where she does her damage...most importantly, one of the Big Three will have to come up short. If everyone skates well the best Gracie can hope for is 4th...

vCash
    You wont know until she starts skating at GP events but you give the example of Slutskaya. Lots never saw an improvement and in 2006 Bezic made the famous comment that she had no attempts at any artistry! But the artistic scores kept going up and up and because the more the coaches and skaters and lobbyists for the skaters say they improved it may create an impression of improvement where there has actually been none!
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 07-15-2013 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    You wont know until she starts skating at GP events but you give the example of Slutskaya. Lots never saw and improvement and in 2006 Bezic made the famous comment that she had no attempts at any artistry! But the artistic scores kept going up and up and because the more the coaches and skaters and lobbyists for the skaters say they improved it may create an impression of improvement where there has actually been none!
    Exactly! And that's what I don't want to see b/c then I'll be forced to call "bullshit" on the group thinking thing.

I don't think Gracie is a pwetty pwincess skater...it's not her style. She's not naturally graceful or expressive when she skates. She's a powerful skater, very similar to the way Irina was. I'd rather see them embrace that aspect of her skating and play to it rather than try to turn her into something she's not.

We'll see what happens...

vCash
    I just hope Kostner doesn't do what she did at the last 2 olympics.

vCash
    I hope Mao doesn't crash down desperately like at last olympic which was so sad to see, and can smile on top of the podium
    Last edited by torren; 07-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.

vCash
    Mao skated great at the last Olympics. 3 clean triple axels, only 2 mistakes over both programs with huge difficulty, and she had NO chance of the gold even had she skated perfectly. So how can you say she crashed desperately or missed an opportunity. Neither is true.

vCash
    MIKI!

vCash
    As for Mao Asada, I think her biggest problem is always motivation. It won't be a problem at the Olympic, which is supposed to be the culmination of her career. And it seems that she is usually in the best form in February. Therefore, I don't worry about Sochi. For the JSF, they should invest all available resources in Asada. Murakami or the 3rd skater have no chance of a medal anyway. At London worlds, their first priority was promoting Murakami to the #2 position. Such considerations are unnecessary at the Olympics. If Mao falters, one of Russians will pick up a medal, not an American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    As for Mao Asada, I think her biggest problem is always motivation. It won't be a problem at the Olympic, which is supposed to be the culmination of her career. And it seems that she is usually in the best form in February. Therefore, I don't worry about Sochi. For the JSF, they should invest all available resources in Asada. Murakami or the 3rd skater have no chance of a medal anyway. At London worlds, their first priority was promoting Murakami to the #2 position. Such considerations are unnecessary at the Olympics. If Mao falters, one of Russians will pick up a medal, not an American.
    Not if Adelina or Liz skate like they did at Worlds. Ashley or Gracie if they make the Olympic team could sneak in for a Bronze medal if Mao stumbles.

vCash
    Asada, Kim, Gold

I think Mao will peak for the Olympics. She's been building towards this for 4 years.

vCash
    I think Mao might win a medal but no way do I see her getting gold. No way can I see her skating her current program cleanly which she would have to do to even have a chance to beat Yu Na. If she is going for gold she also cant lay off the difficulty at all as she needs a huge base value edge, and skating it cleanly, to even make it competitive with a clean Kim. I dont even think she is safe to medal and of the curent top 3 is the most vurnerable to possibly falling out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12