Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    ^ Thank you so much for the clips! I love to watch choreographers work with skaters ... so interesting to get a glimpse of how the puzzle is put together. Dai looks to be in a good place leading up to this season. His quads in a former clip look solid and his edges in the footwork close ups are Hopefully it all works out for him this season!

vCash
    From Genki at DTFF:

A translation of what he says when being asked what was going on around the time of Worlds 2013, in which he miserably lost and placed at 6th. (around 4:25)

"Well, I was so depressed. I was as depressed as I could be. I was really, really depressed. Despite the confidence, despite the feeling that I felt that I could do it, I could not do it. I was very much shocked and also the frustration made the situation even worse. I believe that the worst thing was the frustration that I felt."

Then he started to analyze himself, why he was so frustrated.
    " I think I was putting up front. I may have been worried too much over how other people think about me. Then I reached this conclusion. Maybe I do not have to put up front anymore."

In the circumstance that mass media tended to sensationalize the change of generation, Dai found that he was worrying too much.
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    I started a new page on FB Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi
    This is a page to support DaisukeTakahashi on his journey to Sochi 2014. We'll have the latest news, pictures, videos and translations from Japanese press. Please like it to support Dai-chan in this final Olympic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    This is an article in "CD Jurnal" in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

Daisuke Takahashi performs on the ice by Mamoru Samuragouchi's music which Yasuko Ohtani plays with violin.
    July 17th, 2013

It was announced that the music which Daisuke Takahashi selected for the short program in Sochi Olympics season is "Sonatina for Violin" which was composed by Mamoru Samuragouchi and is played by Yasuko Ohtani.

"Sonatina for Violin" is the music which a modern Beethoven Mamoru Samuragouchi who make a music in the dark without the auditory composed for the girl who was borne without the right arm.

It is recorded in the album "The chaconne - Samuragouchi Mamoru the string music work collection" ( COCQ-84928 ) which was released in January, 2012.

Yasuko Ohtani who is playing the said music in the album, too, is the violinist who continues an activity energetically in various parts of Japan.

She is coursing through in the whole country in the solo activity while she serves as Tokyo Symphony Orchestra's solo concertmaster and nourishes a sternway at the platform.
    Yasuko Ohtani's violin clarion on the ice of all over the world from now on.

The article:
    Daisuke Takahashi performs on the ice by Mamoru Samuragouchi's music which Yasuko Ohtani plays with violin.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00013-cdj-musi
    Here's a show performance of his new SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epDUXaEoNr4
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

Dai talks about his Beatles Medley FP in an interview on the latest issue of "Number"

Daisuke talks about his Beatles Medley FP in an interview on the latest issue of Number:
    http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/681884

Here's the translation I posted on Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi
    Courtesy of yoko71

Sports Graphic NUMBER Issue #836 - Translation

We met Daisuke Takahashi in during his Hokkaido training camp. He seemed focused, yet sometimes showed a sign of joy in his facial expressions.

“I’ve been training hard without lowering the difficulty” says Takahashi, one of figure skating’s leading figures.

The quality of training here is not the only reason for his joy.

He revealed his FP “The Beatles Medley” for the first time during this training camp. It starts with Yesterday, and ends with The Long and Winding Road, including five songs that are very well-known. It is a very calm and gentle program for the most part.

“I would not have picked these songs if it were up to me. They are such famous songs.” However, when Lori Nichol, whom he is working with for the first time, suggested these songs, he was intrigued. “I love these songs, hearing them every single day. Skating to them, and just simply moving my body to them, makes me happy.”

He came upon something he could really put his heart and soul into in the Olympic season.

His following words suggest how much he loves this year’s music:

“I really want to perform this piece well at competitions. I am not certain how many competitions I will be competing in, but at every competition, I will want to skate clean and perform well.”

During the last season, he did not have his FP completed until August. This Olympic year, however, he found something he loves early in the season.

“I am glad that I got to come across this program in this Olympic year.

Takahashi says in passing: “Nothing is for sure, but this may be my last Hokkaido training camp. I try not to think about it because it makes me a bit sad.”

He says no plan has been made what he would do post-Sochi. Yet, he has made Sochi as a goal and an end. Until Sochi, he will spend this special season with the program he felt fortunate to have found.

vCash
    I'm really excited to see this routine. Something that isn't dramatic or bombastic, but possibly romantic and even lyrical. That's a rare direction for a Mens skater to go in for the Olympics. I think his routines will be a change of pace from what we'll see from the majority.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Neo Sports interview with English Subtitles and a little more footage of Beatles Medley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5wN...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Hmmm... I couldnt tell what was from the new program other than a quad attempt and some stroking. Lots of footage of other programs. But we will see it soon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Hmmm... I couldnt tell what was from the new program other than a quad attempt and some stroking. Lots of footage of other programs. But we will see it soon!
    Only a few seconds (1:20 through 1:28) from "Come Together" with tango arrangement.

vCash
    I am counting the days until I can see this program live at Skate America!

vCash
    ok, so Mao Asada announced her retirement after this season too?
    I am intrigued about Dai's lp. I already love his sp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Only a few seconds (1:20 through 1:28) from "Come Together" with tango arrangement.
    Thank you. That was a very nice 8 seconds, LOL!

vCash
    Here you have it all then!

Daisuke Takahashi - Beatles Medley
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1AR22Nec70

vCash
    I had the pleasure of viewing Daisuke's "Beatles" program at Japan Open via youtube, and though he's charismatic as usual, I feel this program does not do him justice, especially during the Olympic year. jmho. However, I am confident he can make a masterpiece out of anything, so am not too worried.

vCash
    Re-posting from the Japan Open thread (2013 NHK Trophy press conference):
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Daisuke's interview just released today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpjkb...usGIpfPRmhr4LV

Where he explains of his new Free Program saying that at the 4th song out of Beatles Medley, i.e. In My Life, he is figuring a shape "S" in his footwork and do create a heart shape with his arms; and when Lori did this choreography she asked him to thank for his skating life, thank for the history of skating, and thank for the audience when he skates.

When Daisuke was explaining this, he was almost in tear. What a program, thank Lori !!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

having a nice day
    vCash
    That's a dangerous program. It's one of those that if executed with maximum technical skills and extreme artistic sensitivity will get everyone on their feet screaming and cheering and all the juges smiling and hello gold medal. But if any of the tecnique is slacked off, if any artistic expression is perceived as applied rather than genuine, bye-bye podium. It's tricky to pull off especially in Olympic year. But if anyone can, it's Dai. I hope he does it. I'd love to see him atop the podium:-)
    Have a nice day!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Was I the only one who was disappointed that "Back in the USSR" wasn't one of the Beatles songs used in the programme?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Was I the only one who was disappointed that "Back in the USSR" wasn't one of the Beatles songs used in the programme?
    OMG...that would have been brilliant!
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    It would have been better than Yesterday! Oh the irony of that song, substitute 'quad' instead of 'she'

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
    Now it looks as though they're here to stay
    Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be
    There's a shadow hanging over me
    Oh, yesterday came suddenly

Why she had to go
    I don't know, she wouldn't say
    I said something wrong
    Now I long for yesterday

Yesterday love was such an easy game to play
    Now I need a place to hide away

Why she had to go?
    I don't know, she wouldn't say
    I said something wrong
    Now I long for yesterday

Yesterday love was such an easy game to play
    Now I need a place to hide away

Mann... i am so depressed after watching this program after i have been looking forward to it for months. Clearly I think too much.. now I long for yesterday....
    Last edited by os168; 10-08-2013 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    Footage of Daisuke working with Lori Nichol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4lRsG59MTM&t=9m09s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast