Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Thanks for the translation. Sounds like Takahashi has a vision for this coming season and he's not afraid to go to the people he thinks can help him achieve his goals. I'm a big Beatles fan so am looking forward to seeing how he handles it.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash

Sankei Express - Daisuke Takahashi: "Beatles Program is Exciting to Try"

Translation courtesy of Twind from DTFF

Sankei Express
    http://www.sankeibiz.jp/express/news...1531002-n1.htm
    July 16 2013

Beatles Program is Exciting to Try

Now it’s the Olympic Season. I already had felt that the season had started in April, so I skipped any real time off except moving to my new place. I had the choreography for the Short Program, Free Skating and the Exhibition completed in Korea and Canada in May. I gradually started the engine in June, and now in July, the training in the US and in Canada is at full blast. I have a quite strong sense that time is pushing to get into the season.

“Smile even when you feel rough”

My Free Skating program for this season is “the Beatles Medley” choreographed by Lori Nichol. There were other candidates but it made an instant hit in me without listening to the others. But the Beatles, of all music, was unexpected. I was surprised myself. And it even has tango in it. First Lori suggested her favorite “Come Together” tango version but when I expressed my thought that it should be hard to do it with this one song alone, it turned out to be only a part of the whole and she suggested the medley of “Yesterday”, “Come Together” “Friends and Lovers” “In My Life” and “the Long and Winding Road”. I love all of them. For a long while, I had been hoping that I would get to skate to the music that everyone knows and something that moves hearts and shows hope. So this fits perfectly.

Lori seems to have had a tough time to decide the order of the songs. Within each of these songs there are many different meanings such as, --- people with different talents having come together, lots of moments and memories having been made, friends and ones I loved being recalled, thankfulness of the history of skating been felt and the road going on to stretch winding and turning ---. Lori said, “above all, it is about love. Especially for “In My Life” you smile even it’s for practice, no matter how rough you feel”. I use the music that is so compelling now it stirs my anxiety, “Is the guy who skates to that up to it?”

The program includes lots of elements in the technical sense too, so it is very difficult but exciting to try. It has fresh aspects that are new to me, such as the way of timing for a pause. I have been seeking for programs with movements to fit truly to the music, instead of simplifying the transition steps to make jumps easier. In this one I have none of such frustrations and I feel that I can skate helped by the music.

To be continued...

... Part 2
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Thank you Ostile for sharing - and thanks to Twind for always taking the time to translate

So this confirms the impression left from his words ahead of his departure for the US that he feels very confident about his free program, and that's really good news. I wasn't completely sold over his skating to a Beatles medley but as the way he speaks about it really sounds like it's the right music for him at this very moment

Also have to love how he is always hungry to work and improve on his skills

And I can't friggin' wait to see this short program!!!!!

vCash
    Thanks ostille17 for sharing. I can always count on you and others to keep me updated on Dai!

Thank you to Twind for the translation!

vCash
    This is an article in "CD Jurnal" in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

Daisuke Takahashi performs on the ice by Mamoru Samuragouchi's music which Yasuko Ohtani plays with violin.
    July 17th, 2013

It was announced that the music which Daisuke Takahashi selected for the short program in Sochi Olympics season is "Sonatina for Violin" which was composed by Mamoru Samuragouchi and is played by Yasuko Ohtani.

"Sonatina for Violin" is the music which a modern Beethoven Mamoru Samuragouchi who make a music in the dark without the auditory composed for the girl who was borne without the right arm.

It is recorded in the album "The chaconne - Samuragouchi Mamoru the string music work collection" ( COCQ-84928 ) which was released in January, 2012.

Yasuko Ohtani who is playing the said music in the album, too, is the violinist who continues an activity energetically in various parts of Japan.

She is coursing through in the whole country in the solo activity while she serves as Tokyo Symphony Orchestra's solo concertmaster and nourishes a sternway at the platform.
    Yasuko Ohtani's violin clarion on the ice of all over the world from now on.

The article:
    Daisuke Takahashi performs on the ice by Mamoru Samuragouchi's music which Yasuko Ohtani plays with violin.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00013-cdj-musi

vCash
    Daisuke Takahahi new SP debuts tomorrow on NHK Saturday Sports

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ports-tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Daisuke Takahahi new SP debuts tomorrow on NHK Saturday Sports

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ports-tomorrow
    Can't wait!!!!

vCash

From Hokkaido Summer training camp

Daisuke showcased his Olympic season FP to the Beatles Medley instead.

"It makes me feel happy. It brings tears of joy to my eyes... just by listening to it. I am very happy that I have this music for the Olympic season.
    I feel sad thinking about retiring from competitions, but I think I am happier today because I can still skate at the age of 27."
    Unveiled his Olympic season FP to the press today, and landed several successful quads in practice.

vCash
    Last edited by ostile17; 08-10-2013 at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    Wish they had not been talking while he was skatng, would like to have been able to hear the music.

vCash
    IMO Daisuke can skate to any kind of music, so why not the Beatles?

vCash
    Great split flip. Probably in his choreo sequence?!

vCash
    any footage?

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Unveiled his Olympic season FP to the press today, and landed several successful quads in practice.
    Daisuke
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    Daisuke for 2014 Olympic Gold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Daisuke for 2014 Olympic Gold
    ^^^^ this

vCash
    I will pray that Morozov leaves this program the heck alone! I trust lori over him any day

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    I will pray that Morozov leaves this program the heck alone! I trust lori over him any day
    I agree. As generic or cliched an uninspired Lori can be, with the right skater, she can work magic. Morosov's routines just don't have the coherency or depth for a skater like Takahashi.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash

New SP

Every news aired a feature with footage of Dai's new SP 'Sonatina'.

SP and Dai working with Kenji Miyamoto:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=q_PmFFYkXKE

The whole feature:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJtZEJEyJMw

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast