Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Akiko of course is under-marked. It is ridiculous when people like ashley wagner have higher PCS than Akiko

Someone who doesnt get good PCS is Amelie Lacoste. i think deserves higher than what she gets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    Mao!
    Agreed.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Skaters who didn't win any medals are all under marked in PCs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Hmmmm....

Definitely Suzuki. Sometimes Kostner. I'd argue that Osmond was underscored PCS wise in some areas, not in others.

Kozuka. Viktor Pfeiffer and Peter Liebers.
    Liebers is just underscored all around!

vCash
    Suzuki and Kozuka are the winners of this dubious prize, in my view.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    A couple other skaters who she have received higher PCS (mostly retired):
    - Liang
    - Nakano
    - Meier
    - Nagasu
    - Savoie
    - Jahnke
    - Evora/Ladwig

Comansnala?
    vCash

Skaters who don't get the PCS they deserve ...

Chan.

vCash
    It's impossible to make a sweeping argument about all components and all competitions of a particular skater. A skater may get the SS score he/she deserves, but not the IN score. Or a skater may deserve her/his component scores at a certain event for a certain program, but not other events and/or other programs.

A good example is 2010 US Nationals men's free skate. Ryan Bradley got 7-8 across the board. 8 may be well deserved for performance/execution and choreography, but 7 was too high for his skating skills.

I don't think there is a widespread conspiracy to "keep someone down." Hence anyone is hard pressed to identify more than one or two skaters who are widely considered undermarked for components. It is more apparent, on the other hand, that Patrick Chan is often overmarked for IN and CH, but marked correctly (ie, according to the rules) for SS, TR, and PE, while Akiko is often undermarked for IN and CH, but the other components are usually marked within reason. Kozuka may deserve higher SS scores, but his performance and interpretation are frequently awkward and lack a freedom of movements or connection/projection with the audience and therefore deserve the low P/E and IN scores.

One cannot make a claim of undeserving component scores for every competition and every program. A usually excellent skater can have subpar choreography and/or performance at a specific event and should be penalized accordingly.

The criticism of reputation judging is valid. A subpar program and/or performance of a usually reliable "star" skater SHOULD be penalized as heavily as the faces unknown to international judges. The system needs to make an effort to better minimize reputation judging (probably unintentional in most cases).
    Last edited by Jun Y; 07-12-2013 at 11:08 PM.

vCash
    Chan is often undermarked in PCS. Suzuki as well. Kozuka looks down at the ice and doesnt project at all so his PCS are right. Oda is undermarked in PCS sometimes.

Asada is overmarked in PCS when Kim and Kostner arent around, then undermarked when they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    I agree with Suzuki but c'mon, Kostner? She is undoubtedly the queen of PCS, the only one can surpass Kostner's PCS is Yuna's, but I even doubt it, if Kosnter clean no one know what will happen
    I dunno. Zemgirl's point is interesting - that despite her often intriguing choreography, strong interpretation skills and the like, she's a mid to high 8 skater. Objectively, it just strikes me as weird that the "queen of PCS" can't crack 9s, but someone like Kevin Reynolds can score 8's.

I find most pairs overscored PCS wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chanunderrated View Post
    Chan is often undermarked in PCS. Suzuki as well. Kozuka looks down at the ice and doesnt project at all so his PCS are right. Oda is undermarked in PCS sometimes.

Asada is overmarked in PCS when Kim and Kostner arent around, then undermarked when they are.
    CHAN is undermarked in PCs? Whaaaat?! Chan receives high scores for everything! How much higher can his PCs possibly get?!

vCash
    Satoko Miyahara.

vCash
    Evora & Ladwig were much undermarked on PCS. They were by far the most polished U.S pair at the time but never got credit for it. How can Caydee Denney and her various partners get higher or comparable PCS when she has the ugliest leg lines and style of any female pair skater ever.

vCash
    Savoie
    Kozuka
    Liebers (not just PCS, in everything, thank goodness he finally got the scores he deserved at Worlds this year and secured himself 2 GPs!)
    Sawyer
    Mahbanoozadeh
    Mura (great skater, way underrated)

Murakami (her interpretation is so much stronger than someone like Gold who gets compared or higher PCS as a total newbie)
    Gao (artistic marks should be higher than Zawadzki and Gold IMO, by a few points)
    Korobeynikova (she never breaks the low 50s in the FS, I don't understand, she has strong basics, moves beautifully, and is not tone deaf like others)
    Simancikova (such a strong jumper, if she'd finally start getting some decent PCS from the judges she could threaten for a Euros medal)

vCash
    Interesting. Single skaters are listed more than pair/dance skaters. Single's judges are tend to be worse?

vCash
    Akiko Suzuki takes first prize,

Honourable mention goes to Brooklee Han...that was the consensus of everyone sitting around me at worlds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I dunno. Zemgirl's point is interesting - that despite her often intriguing choreography, strong interpretation skills and the like, she's a mid to high 8 skater. Objectively, it just strikes me as weird that the "queen of PCS" can't crack 9s, but someone like Kevin Reynolds can score 8's.
    Simply because she was NOT clean, unless the score will crack 9s

Beside Kostner, who else could scored around 70 PCS with the flawed program???? (2013 Worlds FS)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    Simply because she was NOT clean, unless the score will crack 9s

Beside Kostner, who else could scored around 70 PCS with the flawed program???? (2013 Worlds FS)
    Patrick Chan wasn't clean at the 2011 or 2012 Worlds in the long program. He got nines (ditto Worlds 2013, but it wasn't his average). Patrick Chan was squeaky clean in the short at Worlds 2011. He couldn't get nines.

Virtue/Moir had a huge fall in the GPF SD of 2011. Got nines

Voloszhar/Trankov had a fall in the LP of Worlds 2013. Got nines.

Now, I agree that very few could get away with a flawed program scoring that high in PCS, but I believe that's because she's quite strong in a lot of areas. Having said that, I find it intriguing that even being that strong doesn't always lead her to break that ceiling.

Case and point - her SP at WTT 2012. A perfect performance of an intriguing and ambitious short program. Her PCS: 33.14. That translates to mid to low 8s (8.285).

vCash
    Hmm, I compared Kostner in the ladies field What the point you compare her with Chan - the one usually overscored? The fact she got lower score than Chan doesn't mean she underscored. I don't think we can really compare the scoring for ladies with the men or dance

But anyway, we have own opinion. Peace!

vCash
    Objectively, it just strikes me as weird that the "queen of PCS" can't crack 9s, but someone like Kevin Reynolds can score 8's.
    I suspect that Kevin's PCS also reflects the multiple quad jumps he consistently attempts and that he would never crack 8s - maybe not even 7s - if he had Carolina's jump content?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast