vCash

The Nobeyama training camp 2013 in Japan.

Japan don't spare effort of finding Arakawa, Asada, Ando or Takahashi of the future.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QGgKQyNzxe8

vCash
    Wow, they have Stephane Lambiel as an instructor!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post

Japan don't spare effort of finding Arakawa, Asada, Ando or Takahashi of the future.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QGgKQyNzxe8
    Translating to English from Japanese.
    The training camp which bore Mao Asada and Shizuka Arakawa.
    00:00
    From here, it is the program "Eri Suguri" or "The some choice one" by Chika Suguri.
    (Chika Suguri is the younger sister of Fumie Suguri)
    00:06
    Today it is above.
    00:08
    As for the children who carries the future of Japan on their shoulder, their training camp is going on from yesterday (July 13th).
    I have been to cover it.
    00:18
    At July 13th.
    It's just past 8 o'clock of the morning now.
    In spite of being early, I hear some sound already.
    00:25
    They are repeating the moving of jumping from side to side now.
    00:32
    The place where I have come is Nobeyama highland where is in Nagano prefecture and has an elevation of 1,350m.
    00:36
    This is the training camp for finding a promising new face from the whole country. The object of this event is the skater from 9 years old to 13 years old. 131 skaters are participating to this camp this year.
    00:50
    In this time, it becomes the 23rd times, but the first student is Shizuka Arakawa. Moreover, it found the many top skaters, such as Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Daisuke Takahashi, who represent Japan.
    01:07
    It's very hard, isn't it?
    01:10
    When I had participated to it, there had been not such measurement.
    01:14
    When I (Chika Suguri ) was 9 years old twenty years before, I had participated to this training camp.
    I have a bitter experience in this running for 5 minutes. I remember crying because it was very painful.
    01:34
    One of the powerful skaters in this year is this Marin Honda (The sixth grade of an elementary school).
    2012 Challenge Cup Debs Ladies champion
    2012 Novice Japan Nationals champion
    01:49
    Miyu Honda (9) who is her younger sister is participating to this training camp, too.
    01:55
    In the other, too, there are a lot of skaters whom we are looking forward to as for the future.
    01:57
    For increasing the ability expressing a music by the looks and the motion of whole body, there is a program which adopted a dance, too.
    02:11
    Hidesato Ito the director of JSF said, "A little children find what she should learn one by one toward the future".
    02:21
    And, in the rink, players are practicing lively.
    02:26
    I think that current children have become very good at skating, because they have been evaluated severely by test etc really.
    02:38
    The person who is coaching the children is Stephane Lambiel (28) who won consecutively the world championship in 2005 and 2006.
    02:47
    How do you think about the young skaters in Japan?
    02:50
    Stephane Lambiel: "They are impressive stunningly. Entering the training camp, I was surprised. Their motivation is high and they were listened seriously to my advice. They are the children who have a genius stunningly".
    03:04
    Did your memory revive?
    Yes, it revived, but the level is higher than one in the time when I had participated. It is so as for the measurement of physical fitness, too. It was surprise that Lambiel comes and coaches the players. So, I thought that the level of the training camp is going up, too.