Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    You would think enough skaters had read FSU by now to know Morosov's choreography is generally disliked by 99.9% of skating fans. Or the judges would have. Yet, skaters keep going to him and judges keep giving skaters points. Why aren't they listening to the fans?
    i think it's a thing related to morozov and ice dance. his programs there weren't really great.

but you have to admit, that he did some great programs for singles and pairs.

miki andos 'memoirs of a geisha' sp, her olympic cleoptra lp, pang/tong's pearl fishers sp and especially sasha cohens dark eyes and malaguena (which is one of the best short programs in ladies ever imo)

Prick Admin
    vCash
    You would think enough skaters had read FSU by now to know Morosov's choreography is generally disliked by 99.9% of skating fans. Or the judges would have. Yet, skaters keep going to him and judges keep giving skaters points. Why aren't they listening to the fans?
    I think it's that the judges love Volosozhar/Trankov and are willing to ignore the awful Morosov choreography.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I think it's that the judges love Volosozhar/Trankov and are willing to ignore the awful Morosov choreography.
    That's what I do. Yea Judges.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    All of Lambiel, Browning, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Rochette and ice acrobats Besedin/Polischuk skated both in 'Artistry on Ice' shows, as well as in 'All That Skate' together with Volosozhar/Trankov this season. We don't know about conditions in which skaters live, train and travel during the shows, but I think the level of a skating show is firstly defined by the cast, and then the visual "design" of the show (the quality of lighting and the visuals that are used). The cast of 'Artistry on Ice' has been great from the beginning, but especially these two last years.
    Never knew who the David Wilson of Artistry on Ice was but I thought they had some very nicely choreographed cast numbers in China.

Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    Some of S/S programs were better these last seasons, some were worse, but there wasn't even one season/program when they were worse than the blah programs T/V were skating, that's for sure.
    While Bolero wasn't as valuable as Pina, I still found it more interestingly constructed and more challenging in how S/S linked the elements together than V/T's program. I have to wonder how V/T, with their skills, would score on the PC mark if they skated to Ingo Steuer choreographies. Even the less creative ones.

There was a time when it seemed everyone wanted Morozov to choreograph for them. I don't know of many today. But don't worry though, V/T are still the most likely to win gold in Sochi.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    While Bolero wasn't as valuable as Pina, I still found it more interestingly constructed and more challenging in how S/S linked the elements together than V/T's program.
    I agree. I liked Bolero. It just seems less impressive when compared to S&S' better work. If that had been the first time I saw some of those transitions and program layout, I would have been amazed.

vCash
    I'm glad to hear VarBar and Cherub sticking up for "Bolero." It was so fascinatingly constructed and only suffers in context of S/S' programs. In context of last year, it was easily one of the three or four best LPs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I don't believe Volosozhar and Stas Morozov were ever actually married, but yes, he was her common law husband.
    From what Tanya said in 2012 during a interview at the World Championships in Nice, they were never married, the press was the one that said they were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I'm glad to hear VarBar and Cherub sticking up for "Bolero." It was so fascinatingly constructed and only suffers in context of S/S' programs. In context of last year, it was easily one of the three or four best LPs.
    I guess now even I have the courage to admit I liked Bolero. Not as much as Pina or Adagio - but I liked it.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I guess now even I have the courage to admit I liked Bolero. Not as much as Pina or Adagio - but I liked it.
    I liked it but I didn't like to costumes.

vCash
    It's a warhorse but probably not lyrical snot.
    I hope that S/S challenge themselves artistically this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    It's a warhorse but probably not lyrical snot.
    I hope that S/S challenge themselves artistically this year.
    I think that's a given

And I still didn't like Bolero.

vCash
    Well I don't think anyone imagined that some people expressing their appreciation for Bolero would make those who didn't like the program suddenly fall in love with it. It never woks like that.

vCash
    Makes you wonder about what kind of coach she is. And, yes, this definitely works for Trankov. And gives an idea why he couldn't work with other coaches...

No news about programs, I'm bored already without even seeing them.
    Pity, such a waste, the pair with amazing technical abilities and zero interest to make something original and new...

I think they will play it safe to win in Sochi, but after the 2014 season they will become bolder with what they attempt as they will have all the big titles and can really explore their potential.

vCash
    Bolero was still better than VT's Chaconne. Just not as good as Pina or Pink Panther or OOA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chanunderrated View Post
    I think they will play it safe to win in Sochi, but after the 2014 season they will become bolder with what they attempt as they will have all the big titles and can really explore their potential.
    IMO it's very optimistic to think they'll continue competing post 2014 should they win gold, let alone with programs matching their potential.

Blergh
    vCash
    Great skaters do what they need to do to win. Legends go above and beyond and hope for something more. Vague and hopelessly cheesy, but I stand by it.

vCash
    In her recent interview Mozer gave a hint about the music for the FS: "When last year we saw the show on Broadway, we discussed with excitement the possibility to use this for skating".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    "EV:
    Earlier in the interview, it sounded like they plan to retire after the 2014 Olympics and settle down in Sochi. I am surprised that they cannot find an apartment in Moscow. Is it lack of availability or affordability?
    they don't want to buy a Apartment...they want one given to them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dance truth View Post
    they don't want to buy a Apartment...they want one given to them
    I don't think they said that they want one given to them. They just expressed that they wouldn't have it which I would interpret that they can't afford it. They are not Yu-Na Kim, I don't think they have that much spare money.

vCash
    In her recent interview Mozer gave a hint about the music for the FS: "When last year we saw the show on Broadway, we discussed with excitement the possibility to use this for skating".
    Well, Phantom of the Opera it is.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast