Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Hey, it could have been, "Ghost: The Musical".

I'll take JCS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I was not "rolling my eyes" because Proustable dislikes 'Jesus Christ Superstar', but because he/she obviously doesn't know the difference between electro-pop and rock. Which also lead me to think that Proustable knows (meaning - really knows, not simply has heard) and likes only classical music, although probably I am wrong. By the way, I admit that I haven't heard newer versions of the 'Jesus Christ Superstar' musical, so I don't know how it sounds now, I only know what it was originally.
    Go nuts

Wait - because I dismiss JCS as electro-pop instead of rock, I only listen to classical music? think that is a viable leap to make and dismiss me entirely for it? Brava indeed. Wonderfully stereotyped reaction. That stated, thank you for assuming I "really know" classical music. I'll consider that a compliment.

FWIW, I like exactly two Lloyd Webber musicals: Evita and Sunset Blvd. If they're going to skate to Lloyd Webber, I'd rather it be one of those two. If they skate to a rock opera, I'd love it if they took on something by The Who. If they're going to skate to electro-pop, I'd rather they took on the Scissor Sisters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    That said, I do think it's sort of a big jump to accuse Proustable and others who don't like ALW or Jesus Christ Superstar as only listening to classical music.
    I didn't accuse any others. As for Proustable, even if he/she indeed likes only classical music, I see nothing wrong with that. And I already said that the reason for my eye rolling wasn't his/her dislike of 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. My problem was Proustable's open ignorance about the genre of the music that he/she dislikes. I never roll my eyes at people for not liking something that I like, but I do at displays of ignorance. If I don't know something I say so, or I just don't talk about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Go nuts

Wait - because I dismiss JCS as electro-pop instead of rock, I only listen to classical music? think that is a viable leap to make and dismiss me entirely for it? Brava indeed. Wonderfully stereotyped reaction. That stated, thank you for assuming I "really know" classical music. I'll consider that a compliment.
    Okay, I admit that it was wrong to assume that you like only classical music. I apologize for that. As for "really knowing", by that I meant - having real knowledge about some genre of music is not the same as just having listened to it.

Thanks for the link. I'll try to listen to it. Probably I will be disappointed, as I believe that it's not quite the same as it was before, but I promise that I won't "go nuts" because of that.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 07-15-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Wow, two rolleyes just because someone dislikes a piece of music - I'm impressed.

Did you base your conclusion that Proustable only likes classical music on, well, anything? Because it is possible to like various types of music and still dislike ALW's work.
    Aren't you a bit judgemental here? If not, you are too easy to be impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    OK, I was that not lazy (or on the opposite that lazy to actually work) that I checked Max's IG from a year ago (because he documents there his every step ), and I found this:
    http://instagram.com/p/LRdTC3uVc1/
    http://instagram.com/p/LRdX5yOVc7/
    Do we have an answer?
    Trankov says in the interview that he and his partner will skate their LP to "overused music". If Jesus Christ Superstar is overused material in figure skating, then yeah, it could be JCS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Trankov says in the interview that he and his partner will skate their LP to "overused music". If Jesus Christ Superstar is overused material in figure skating, then yeah, it could be JCS.
    Yes, he is using the word "заезженный", which means "overused" or "cliched", but maybe he just meant that the music is very famous and well-known. I guess we'll see soon?
    To tell the truth, I'm quite curious to see the result if it's indeed JCS.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Mr. Trankov would make a perfect Catholic martyr in one of those old paintings where said martyr is being slowly disemboweled on a spiked wheel while praying to God, eyes upturned towards the heavens in fevered ecstasy. Those eyes, that anguish. Um, yeah.
    I can soooo picture this, damn. Now I kind of want this to be true.

vCash
    Photos from the open practice:
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10904.html

Interviews:
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/10902.html
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/632_tatyana-...shivali-davno/

They intrigue a lot about their short program, say that they will need to explain what they mean by it and who exactly they portray.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I don't think they said that they want one given to them. They just expressed that they wouldn't have it which I would interpret that they can't afford it. They are not Yu-Na Kim, I don't think they have that much spare money.
    Yes...maybe you know better...

vCash
    Is that the Jesus style beard a la Maxim Trankov then...looking at the open practise photos !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456