Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I wonder how great a flow Sergei would have had if instead of throwing the bird-like 4'11", 80lb Katia, he had to throw a partner who was 4 inches taller and 25 or so pounds heavier.
    I used to cringe when I saw Kris Wirtz throw Kristy Wirtz near the end of their careers. She's definitely not a huge woman, but she isn't TINY, and he's a really small guy.

vCash
    Kris and Kristy had huge throws (for the time) though which was pretty amazing given their size differential (or lack thereof). Their twists were really weak though. Their lifts were simple but got better in execution as years went on too, and IMO better than Woetzel & Steuer for instance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Kris and Kristy had huge throws (for the time) though which was pretty amazing given their size differential (or lack thereof). Their twists were really weak though. Their lifts were simple but got better in execution as years went on too, and IMO better than Woetzel & Steuer for instance.
    I read somewhere that Kristy was 101 lbs and Kris 152, but I don't think Kristy was that light nor was Kris that heavy. They honestly both looked around 125 lbs to me lol. I mean, CHAN is around 150, and he is MUCH bigger than Wirtz was then.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/o...-wirtz4-v6.jpg

vCash
    I agree they were both around 125. I wouldnt be surprised if she weighed more than him. They would never admit that though, as I am sure it would be a bit embarassing for him. What were their heights btw. I seem to recall him being taller but not by much.

vCash
    Kristy is apparently just under five feet (152 cm) and Kris is 170 cm, roughly 5 foot 6. Upon second look at the picture, she does actually look much shorter. Her really short height might explain her lower weight, but I'd still say no lighter than 115 lbs. I'd still guess Kris at 125 lbs because he looked smaller than Shawn Sawyer, who I know is 5'4" and 130. Cynthia Phaneuf at 5'6" and 132/136 (I've seen both weights listed in 2010 Olympic profiles, although I think she might have been 140+ in her last season) is definitely bigger than him.

I think if they weren't a couple off the ice, they might have looked for other partners, although I remember Kristy being slightly smaller at the beginning of their career.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123