Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Skating is Language
    vCash
    Here are 2013 COS (Central Ontario Summer Skate) fancams.

Sr. Ladies FS

Gabrielle Daleman http://youtu.be/rOSjD7QPQUY

Alaine Chartrand http://youtu.be/emcr6avvrGY

Sr. Men FS

Patrick Chan http://youtu.be/nY2dWn_PCTY

Andrei Rogozine http://youtu.be/2YZ1uDSMqaY
    "Skating is Language"

spiral9509.tistory.com

vCash
    Thanks, spikydurian, for the links. I hadn't seen these before.

Nam Nguyen's show program is ridiculously good for his age. A triple axel (two-footed, I think, but still) and two triple-triple combinations, plus some other jumps, all under lights, is amazing.

vCash
    Nam has improved enormously after being with Brian. He skated with great maturity and Brian gave him a huge hug when he came of the ice. Both of them were ecstatic at his performance.

vCash

Canadian Singles - Men & Women

From memory (not checking the protocols) Nam put down clean 3As at Thornhill last weekend.

vCash
    Seems like in a few ýears' time we will see a fierce battle between Nguyen and Sadovsky for Canada's no. 1 in men's singles. Judging by how Nam and Roman scored at Thornhill in the free skate, they'd probably be pretty much equal if they had similar jump content. But Roman couldn't take his 3Loop off the ice in the long program and doesn't have a 3A yet in his jump arsenal. Very promising young skaters, both of them.

vCash
    Roman was injured last year and didnt go to Canadians so he has probably lost crucial time training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Seems like in a few ýears' time we will see a fierce battle between Nguyen and Sadovsky for Canada's no. 1 in men's singles. Judging by how Nam and Roman scored at Thornhill in the free skate, they'd probably be pretty much equal if they had similar jump content.
    VarBar, I am always excited looking at the upcoming youngsters and hope that they all will prevail to the seniors. Some may take little steps at a time, and some big leaps every now and then. At the end of the day, so long they reach their goals, that's a big milestone for them. We can also enjoy watching them grow.

I think someone has posted Ten's skate in one of the threads. But I am posting it here too since this is for Canadian men and women singles. Ten's FS and SP in the BC Summer Competition. I think there's likely to be a tight fight for the third place at the Canadian Nationals. No news on Liam Firus. Is he injured?

Corianna, I am not aware of any live streaming for the Junior Grand Prix. I don't subscribe to Teka (I am keen to but I don't understand Russian so I don't know how to go about doing it). There is one website I always checked out. Sometimes if lucky, there may be live streaming for figure skating here.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Does anyone know if ISU or Teka is streaming the Junior Grand Prix, since we can't get IN in Canada?
    The ISU has been uploading all the JGP videos (right after each.performance) on their YouTube channel for the past 2 seasons now.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I think someone has posted Ten's skate in one of the threads. But I am posting it here too since this is for Canadian men and women singles. Ten's FS and SP in the BC Summer Competition. I think there's likely to be a tight fight for the third place at the Canadian Nationals. No news on Liam Firus. Is he injured?
    Re-posting from the BC SummerSkate competition thread in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    My source says that Liam is on the ice and practicing well. Tough road from the injury he skated with at Nationals, but he seems to be on the way back. I suspect they are being careful and pacing him so he is in top form for Nationals.
    Thanks for re-posting Jeremy Ten's SummerSkate videos here -- with his 7-triple-including-clean-3A-in-FS (144.81 FS, 219.91 total), I hope he builds on his momentum for Nebelhorn Trophy.

ETA:
    Ten's SP music is from the W.E. (2012) film soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski. Do we know what his FS music (composer/title(s)/artist) is?

ETA #2: Found my answer in a recent interview with Jeremy Ten: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2013...eremy-ten.html
    Q: What are your ultimate goals and new programs for this season?

A: I would love to get back onto the international scene and get back on the podium at nationals with the ultimate goal of representing Canada at the 2014 Olympic Games. My new short program is “Dance With Me Wallis” from the W.E Soundtrack by Abel Korziniowski. My free skate is “Variations” by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-24-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Liam Firus was injured last season and he skated with serious injury at Canadian Nationals last year, which made his 3rd place finish in the SP and his National Team placement that much more remarkable. I sat next to a family member during his brother Shane's FD performance and was told that he's close to being fully recovered and working hard in rehab to get there and to be healthy for this year's Nationals. He was at BC Summerskate to watch at least one segment of the Men's competition (SP, IIRC) and he looked fit and relaxed.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I think someone has posted Ten's skate in one of the threads. But I am posting it here too since this is for Canadian men and women singles. Ten's FS and SP in the BC Summer Competition. I think there's likely to be a tight fight for the third place at the Canadian Nationals.
    I don't go to competition threads, so I am always grateful to all those who share links to videos in threads that everyone can see because I don't always have time to do my own searches. Wow to Jeremy Ten's skates. Jeremy is a very agreeable man to watch, he has nice basics and good presentation. Hopefully he didn't peak too early in the season and he'll repeat those skates at Nationals.

Roman was injured last year and didnt go to Canadians so he has probably lost crucial time training.
    Then Nam should really fear a healthy and fully trained Sadovsky.

vCash
    It's going to be an amazing fight for third between Jeremy, Andrew, Liam (if he's back) and perhaps Elaje, (if he has continued to improve) all of whom will be trying quads, I'm sure. Add Nam into the fray for fourth. Wait till Roman gets his 3A! How wonderful to see the steps to the Canadian podium becoming crowded. I would make a little space for Peter O'Brian too if he gets his jumps.

RE. ISU posting vids, thanks Sylvia , I hope they do this year too. Didn't they live stream at one time? 2013-14 still reads TBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Found my answer in a recent interview with Jeremy Ten: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2013...eremy-ten.html
    Glad to hear that Ten feels comfortable with his skating style. The beauty about this sport is that every skater brings their individual style to ice and there is no really what is right or wrong.

Impressed that he is studying and looks like he may be heading towards coaching or sports?

There seems to be a lack of ladies vid here so I have searched and found a few to post here. I am not posting Kaetlyn's vids here since she has her own thread.

Zoe Gong - Novice Champ 2013 - FS (I couldn't find her latest skate in Detroit).
    Julianne Sequin - Junior Champ at Skate Detroit - FS
    Gabrielle Dale SP at COS 2013
    Alaine Chartrad SP at COS 2013
    Last edited by spikydurian; 08-25-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    There seems to be a lack of ladies vid here so I have searched and found a few to post here.
    Thanks! For those who may not know, there's an active Canadian ladies uber thread (that was started back in March 2013) and that's where much discussion, news/updates, and summer competition video links (Detroit, Quebec, Thornhill) have been/are being posted : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3968530
    (Nitpicky note: Julianne's last name is spelled Seguin, or Séguin, if you really want to be accurate! )

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    RE. ISU posting vids, thanks Sylvia , I hope they do this year too. Didn't they live stream at one time? 2013-14 still reads TBA.
    Where are you seeing the TBA? The ISU has never live streamed the JGP. There have been occasional free, live streams by host countries in the past (I recall Taiwan & Austria many years ago), and Lake Placid by IceNetwork for subscribers.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-25-2013 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    ^^ Thanks Sylvia. Is it possible to change this thread's heading to Canadian Singles - Men? When I opened this thread, I forgot that there's another thread on Canadian ladies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Where are you seeing the TBA? The ISU has never live streamed the JGP. There have been occasional free, live streams by host countries in the past (I recall Taiwan & Austria many years ago), and Lake Placid by IceNetwork for subscribers.
    The ISU does post youtube links for all the performances at the JGP though - they have for the past two years anyway. Maybe that's was Corianna's thinking of?

vCash
    Is Dennis Margalik planning to skate for another country? It's just surprising to me that he have not been given an assignment on the JGP, or at the very least an alternate spot. He was 2nd at Canadians in junior last season, and has met the Skate Canada JGP criteria twice this season (155.10 points at Skate Detroit, and 165.09 points at Thornhill). I know spots are limited this year, but he should be getting at least the alternate spots. He was given alternate spots last season, so his absence on the JGP lists this year is puzzling to me.

Any comments or explanations?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Is Dennis Margalik planning to skate for another country? It's just surprising to me that he have not been given an assignment on the JGP, or at the very least an alternate spot. He was 2nd at Canadians in junior last season, and has met the Skate Canada JGP criteria twice this season (155.10 points at Skate Detroit, and 165.09 points at Thornhill). I know spots are limited this year, but he should be getting at least the alternate spots. He was given alternate spots last season, so his absence on the JGP lists this year is puzzling to me.

Any comments or explanations?
    I noticed on the ISU site that Leslie IP now actually has the assignment for the 3rd in Slovakia which was originally given to Mitchell Gordon.

Does anyone know what injury problems Mitchell has. He did not show up at BC summerskate either.

The funny thing is that Margalik did beat Ip in Thornhill this summer. Ip did land a triple-triple combo in both programs and Margalik did not land any. Margalik's basic skating is better than Ip's though. So it seems that SC focuses on having a triple-triple for assignments.

vCash
    Does anyone know what the schedule of events will be for Canadian Nationals senior? The event this year looks to overlap quite a bit with US Nationals. The same weekend if I'm not mistaken. That would make for some challenging decisions for some coaches who have athletes competing at the events during this important season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Does anyone know what the schedule of events will be for Canadian Nationals senior? The event this year looks to overlap quite a bit with US Nationals. The same weekend if I'm not mistaken. That would make for some challenging decisions for some coaches who have athletes competing at the events during this important season.
    If I'm not mistaken, the senior events are before the novice/junior events this year (Jan 9-11 - Senior and Jan 12-15 - Novice & Junior).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast