Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Ten just tweeted,

An amazing month with amazing people sharing many many laughs, adventures and memories. "This isn't goodbye."

I am hoping he means that literally, but I suspect not.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I believe Jeremy Ten has been spending several weeks at a time training in Lake Arrowhead this summer and his latest tweet could just mean he hopes to be back. Ten, Kevin Reynolds and Garrett Gosselin are among those registered for BC/YT SummerSkate in August (refer to the Canadian Summer Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry).

ETA that news about Kaetlyn Osmond usually is posted in her thread, such as this video interview with her and her costume designer: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3953855
    (Ditto for Patrick Chan and his über thread.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-14-2013 at 02:21 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Garrett Gosselin No Liam Firus

ETA: Is Garrison Beacom Gary Beacom's son?
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 07-14-2013 at 03:33 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    It's great to have all these young teens gearing up or 2018 or 2022. 2022 announcement is July 31st, right?

Smacks head. July 31st of 2015. Just a wee bit over-excited about coming attractions.
    Last edited by JJH; 07-14-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing Roman Sadovsky this year. He was really quite amazing in his JGP debut last season. Anyone know why he's skating in the senior men's event at Thornhill? He just turned 14 last month. Also pleased to see that Alexandra Najarro will be back. Her Black Swan program from the 2011 - 2012 season was a masterpiece IMHO. Pity that she never skated it to its full potential. It will be interesting to see if she can she compete with Gabby Daleman & Alaine Chartrand for one of the two Oly spots, or if she's missed her opportunity with the year off.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Surge of talent in almost all disciplines. Crazy. I'm very concerned there is no discussion about Liam, especially when it comes to BC summer skate. Yikes. I soooooooo want him to get the 3rd Olympic spot although there are others I'd settle for.

vCash
    Thanks to UMBS go blue and pvkirby for pointing out that there are several Canadian entires at Glacier Falls in Anaheim, August 31-Sept 4.

Thread.

Most of the skaters are from B.C. Eileen Murphy/Keegan Murphy are bringing Larkyn Austman (junior champion), Mitchell Gordon (7th at Canadians) and Garrett Gosselin (10th at Canadians), among others. Joanne McLeod is also bring Anthony Chen (3rd in novice) and Nami Inoda, and Patricia Hole is bringing a skater from Sasikatchewan (Shelby Hall).

Was Garrett coached by the Murphy duo last season? That was news to me, if he was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Was Garrett coached by the Murphy duo last season? That was news to me, if he was.
    Nope, he was training in Barrie last year. I wonder what prompted the move? Closer to home/less expensive maybe? Or possibly he just liked what the Murphy's were doing with their skaters.
    Last edited by shutterbug; 07-21-2013 at 04:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Roman Sadovsky this year. He was really quite amazing in his JGP debut last season. Anyone know why he's skating in the senior men's event at Thornhill? He just turned 14 last month.
    It's addressed in this new article by Beverley Smith on Roman Sadovsky who is competing at the senior level in Canada (Skate Detroit last month and COS Thornhill later this week) and is assigned to the first JGP in Riga, Latvia: http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx

JGP assignments as published on the Skate Canada site: http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/athl...ents.aspx#jrgp

Senior B assignments also are published by Skate Canada at the link above:
    Andrei Rogozine and Amélie Lacoste (Salt Lake Senior B) and Jeremy Ten and Véronik Mallet (Nebelhorn). This is Mallet's first international assignment.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-12-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Roman Sadovsky this year. He was really quite amazing in his JGP debut last season.
    I watched his vid, and I agree. His stretch and lines are great for his age. Ramon reminds me of little Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock2
    Surge of talent in almost all disciplines
    Good news.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I'm interested in what Kevin Reynolds has come up with for this year. I haven't found any news on him yet, but then I haven't read all the forums either...there's just too much to catch up with. Anyone know?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    You can watch him live at the the BC Summerskate this coming weekend, and form your own opinions (but you're right, any general news would be great).

Also, were you aware that he skated in Japan in THE ICE the last week in July? A video of his performance is linked in this post. There was a suggestion that this might be his short program for this year. If so, I really like it. We'll find out if it is this weekend, hopefully.

vCash
    If this is Kevin's short, I'm thinking it could be really good for him. Also, considering his music seems to be "Russian-like" it would seem to "fit in" with a theme for Sochi?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I agree. I loved his short program from the last two years but I can see this working for him as well I admire how he has just continued to dig deep, ignore all the neigh sayers and plugged away over the years. I hope Kevin has a wonderful season.

vCash
    Thanks Geoskate for posting that link. I love that program and it would be a real crowd pleaser for sure. Kevin has come a long way in the last couple of years and it really mastering the showmanship angle. He has terrific arm and hand movement now....very expressive. He's a dark horse for sure at Sochi. It would not surprise me at all if he were to medal if he skates well.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Per Kevin's fb, he won't be competing at B.C. Summerskate. Anyone have any info as to why?

For specific discussion on Kevin you can refer to his fan thread:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...lds-Fan-Thread

Last edited by aemeraldrainc; 08-14-2013 at 05:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    It's addressed in this new article by Beverley Smith on Roman Sadovsky who is competing at the senior level in Canada (Skate Detroit last month and COS Thornhill later this week) and is assigned to the first JGP in Riga, Latvia: http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx
    Thanks Sylvia! No lack of confidence with this little one, is there? Good for him. Hope all goes well with the 3axel!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Per Kevin's fb, he won't be competing at B.C. Summerskate. Anyone have any info as to why?

For specific discussion on Kevin you can refer to his fan thread:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...lds-Fan-Thread
    Oh dear, I hope he is fine. I am looking forward to his new programs.

vCash
    I am very impressed with more than a handful of upcoming youngsters. Here are some vid/rticles:
    Roman Sadovsky
    Nam Nguyen
    Anthony Kan

vCash
    Thanks for these vids. Spikey. I hadn't seen Nam's show piece before. Soon we'll be starting a thread for the young guys. Does anyone know if ISU or Teka is streaming the Junior Grand Prix, since we can't get IN in Canada?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast