Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Canadian Singles - Men & Women

OK, I was looking for a thread to talk about other single skaters but could only find Canadian Pairs thread. So I am starting this thread to talk about Canadian singles - men and women.

Here's my first post. Found this vid on cutie patootie Nam Nguyen. He talked about having a lot of more to learn and the challenge of putting on two different mind sets - one at school and one during training. He's well spoken for a 15yo. Canada must be proud to have him as one of the upcoming skaters. He's a joy to watch and I am looking forward to seeing him grow.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    That's the first time I've heard him speak I think. What a sweetie. He seems so thoughtful, and gracious.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Nam Guen skated at Fantasy on Ice in Fukuoka Japan today. I'm surprised to see his name on the list! It's a great experience for him to skate with Candeloro, Lambier, Jouber, Weir and many other top skaters in Japan. People tweeted he skated to MJ medley and his performance was good. Orser and Wilson coreographed some numbers for the show, Yuzuru and Javier skate at the show,too. It's like a little "Orser Camp in Japan", isn't it?

vCash
    ^^ Good to hear that. The show skating exposure is likely to give him more confidence and improve his presentation skills.
    Any news about Ten and Liam? And Gabriel Daleman ... ah... I remember her as a bundle of energy from WTT 2013.

vCash
    According to his twitter Jeremy Ten is skating in California with Rafael Arutunian. I'm not sureif the move is permanent. I dearly hope it is.

vCash
    I read Sylvia's post in "Wagner picks Arutunian to join coaching team" thread. She wrote Arutunian will be coaching in Lake Arrowhead this summer and Jeremy Ten is spending some time training there, then Arutunian may be relocating to Toyota Sports Center this fall.
    Last edited by rosewood; 07-07-2013 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    ^^ Good to hear that. The show skating exposure is likely to give him more confidence and improve his presentation skills.
    I don't think Nam has any problem regarding confidence or presentation skills. Far from it! He just has to get his technical skills up to the same standard now that he is skating senior.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    According to his twitter Jeremy Ten is skating in California with Rafael Arutunian. I'm not sureif the move is permanent. I dearly hope it is.
    OMG so do I. Please let it be permanent.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Count me in hoping that not only does Chen get far away from McLeod, but that he gets such a strong technical coach and training with a varied group of elite skaters.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    Oh, so that's maybe why he quit his retail job. I was wondering about that, since I saw that on his Twitter too, several weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Count me in hoping that not only does Chen get far away from McLeod, but that he gets such a strong technical coach and training with a varied group of elite skaters.
    Do you mean Ten? For a moment, I thought you were referring to Nathan CHEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperboy
    I don't think Nam has any problem regarding confidence or presentation skills. Far from it! He just has to get his technical skills up to the same standard now that he is skating senior.
    I am not implying that he has no confidence or presentation skills. Just looking at what he could gain out of show skating among other things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    I suppose Nam Nguyen's team will want him to stay in the junior ranks for at least one more season and try to improve his result at Junior Worlds where he finished 12th last season. With Farris, Brown, Kovtun and Han Yan switching to the senior ranks, the door is left wide open for the younger juniors like Nam to move up the standings. Nam was announced by many as the next generation of figure skating champions alongside Shoma Uno, Nathan Chen and a couple of other kids, so I'll be following his progress over the years with a lot of interest and high expectation. He is in good hands with Orser and Tracy Wilson I think and him training at the same rink as Hanyu and Fernandez should be an inspiration.

As far as Nam's confidence goes, it will be best tested when he has titles to lose.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Do you mean Ten? For a moment, I thought you were referring to Nathan CHEN.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Nam Nguyen will still have Nathan Chen to deal with, and in the future, Vincent Zhou. US Novice champion Tomoki Hiwatashi turned 13 in January, so he could put in an appearance in the JGP, too.

vCash
    I think being a guest skater at the 2010 Winter Olympics Gala showed the extent of Nam Nguyen's comfort with performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qgMp4_bz8w He was 11 at the time.

vCash
    Wait--Nam Nguyen will have competition? From other countries? From the US, specifically? Don't believe it.

vCash
    Last edited by rosewood; 07-10-2013 at 04:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    I think being a guest skater at the 2010 Winter Olympics Gala showed the extent of Nam Nguyen's comfort with performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qgMp4_bz8w He was 11 at the time.
    Aw.. he's sooo cute. I agree that he is in good hand and skating with elite skaters can only help. Looking forward to seeing him compete on the world stage too.

Quote Originally Posted by valyrian
    According to his twitter Jeremy Ten is skating in California with Rafael Arutunian.
    Rafael's a great coach. Ten will learn a lot from him.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 07-10-2013 at 09:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Wait--Nam Nguyen will have competition? From other countries? From the US, specifically? Don't believe it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast