View Poll Results: Who has performed the greatest triple lutz in competition?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Midori Ito

9 4.89%
  • Tonya Harding

49 26.63%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

1 0.54%
  • Victoria Volchkova

11 5.98%
  • Julia Sebestyen

14 7.61%
  • Irina Slutskaya

16 8.70%
  • Tanja Szewczenko

2 1.09%
  • Yu Na Kim

59 32.07%
  • Miki Ando

4 2.17%
  • Gracie Gold

8 4.35%
  • Agnes Zawadski

3 1.63%
  • Other

8 4.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Yuna Kim.

Whenever I see her 3 lutz with quite too huge and definite out-edge, I feel pain in "my" ankle.

vCash
    The second poll in a row where Malinina was robbed of a spot. I'll repost the link I posted there in here, which is one of the most beautiful figure skating jumps I've ever seen, if not #1.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeEg4...tailpage#t=40s

vCash
    Nancy

vCash
    I can't believe there are not more votes for Gracie Gold. Her technique is near perfect. The height and distance stunning. She is the only woman I have seen who can do a Rippon lutz.....and she makes it look so easy. I just watched her knock off one of the most gorgeous triple lutz jumps, in spotlight no less, at a local skating show this summer. Incredibly impressive.

Also Sebeystyen and Kerrigan had amazing true lutzes.

vCash
    Yuna Kim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    I can't believe there are not more votes for Gracie Gold. Her technique is near perfect. The height and distance stunning. She is the only woman I have seen who can do a Rippon lutz.....and she makes it look so easy. I just watched her knock off one of the most gorgeous triple lutz jumps, in spotlight no less, at a local skating show this summer. Incredibly impressive.

Also Sebeystyen and Kerrigan had amazing true lutzes.
    I think partly why Gracie doesn't have more votes is that she's early in her career. If and when she gets more consistent with her jumps
    she will get more attention.
    Last edited by Jammers; 07-07-2013 at 01:24 AM.

vCash
    Tonya's lutz in her LP from 94 Olympics (from the reskate) was HUGE and awesome. I always thought it was a nice way to silence her critics!

I love Gracie's, Malinina's, and also Courtney Hicks's too- the one she did in her Nationals Exhibition this year was AMAZING!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I think partly why Gracie doesn't have more votes is that she's early in her career. If and when she gets more consistent with her jumps will she get more attention.
    Yeah, I don't vote for skaters I've only seen for one season although her 3Lz is remarkable ...

... Dare I say that her entry edge into the 3Lz-3T is less flat than those of others currently being performed.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 07-07-2013 at 01:09 AM.

vCash
    I need to see Gold go through atleast one season where she isnt bombing half the time before I would ever vote her for best any jump. Yes she has great jumps when she is on though. Even Volchkova delivered more cleanish performances than people remember, but she was so slow and bland between her huge jumps and Russian #3 almost her whole career, it still wasnt enough to place.

vCash
    Gracie's 3Lz was the best of all in the night of ladies FS of the Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Gracie's 3Lz was the best of all in the night of ladies FS of the Worlds.
    Well usually when she landed 3lz successfully, her 3lz is very good and receive so high GOE. but at that night, her two triple lutz were not good than her usual 3lz, though still better than some top skaters. So she received only +0.5 GOE on both first 3Lz-3t, and second 3Lz in FS while her all other success jumps received more than 1.0 GOE
    Last edited by karlon; 07-07-2013 at 05:26 AM.

vCash
    Ye Bin Mok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by karlon View Post
    Well usually when she landed 3lz successfully, her 3lz is very good and receive so high GOE. but at that night, her two triple lutz were not good than her usual 3lz, though still better than some top skaters. So she received only +0.5 GOE on both first 3Lz-3t, and second 3Lz in FS while her all other success jumps received more than 1.0 GOE
    Right, thank you, Karlon. I was in the bed watchng the video last night and I guess I was too sleepy Only I could remember was nice hight of her 3Lz. But as you wrote the second single 3Lz was not successful. The first 3Lz in the cascade was still good although unfortunately the landing of 3T was not successful and got lower marks than usual. Anyway I luuuuv her remarkable 3Lz

Banned Member
    vCash
    1. Harding.
    2. Kim YuNa
    3. Midori Ito
    4. Volchkova

Ito had that wrapped leg and often jumped close to the boards. Volchkova had a great lutz with the occasionally slow gymnastic landing. Kim YuNa's lutz is not as big as Harding's, relatively. Harding, at 5'1", jumped a lutz that was at least twice her size, if not more. Kim YuNa does not, thus harding has the bigger lutz.

vCash
    Harding's preparation for her 3lz is too long. I prefer YNK's 3 lutz over Harding's for that reason. Harding wasn't known for her jump consistency either, while NYK has perhaps the most consistent and reliable 3lutz in the history of ladies skating.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Harding's long edge entry was preferred by judges before the IJS because the position of the skate and quality of the tracing could be seen, and Harding was only inconsistent on the 3A. Every other triple was more reliable for Harding when she was 10Lb overweight than for most skaters when at peak condition. You can find footage of at least one good 3Lz from Tonya from every season from 1985 to 1994.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 07-09-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Harding's long edge entry was preferred by judges before the IJS because the position of the skate and quality of the tracing could be seen, and Harding was only inconsistent on the 3A. Every other triple was more reliable for Harding when she was 10Lb overweight than for most skaters when at peak condition. You can find footage of at least one good 3Lz from Tonya from every season from 1985 to 1994.
    ABSOLUTELY.

Also notice that even when she was 20-25 pounds overweight (Skate Canada 1992), she still had a HUGE 3 salcow and huge 3 loop. I always wondered if she was pregnant at that time, but then several weeks later at the Pro-Am, she had lost 10 pounds and was jumping much better (if she was pregnant, she was no longer pregnant by the Pro-Am).

Say whatever about Tonya, she was and is still the greatest Ladies jumper in American FS history. STILL THE GREATEST after what? 19 years........
    Last edited by PairSk8Fan; 07-10-2013 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Sarah Hughes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    ABSOLUTELY.

Also notice that even when she was 20-25 pounds overweight (Skate Canada 1993), she still had a HUGE 3 salcow and huge 3 loop. I always wondered if she was pregnant at that time, but then several weeks later at the Pro-Am, she had lost 10 pounds and was jumping much better (if she was pregnant, she was no longer pregnant by the Pro-Am)
    These rumors were similar to Slutskaya's pregnancy rumors. Harding had to occasionally go on Prednisone, like Irina, but for her asthma. The water retention/bloating can look like pregnancy.

vCash
    Why is anyone picking Volchchkova. She jumped up really high but then came down on one spot and her jump didnt go anywhere, no flow. Had she had such great jumps she would have won medals at Worlds even if she had nothing else. Slutskaya had nothing in her skating but jumps and she look at all she achieved, so Vicktoria's jumps must not have been that good or she would have done more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast