View Poll Results: Who has performed the greatest triple lutz in competition?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Midori Ito

9 4.89%
  • Tonya Harding

49 26.63%
  • Nancy Kerrigan

1 0.54%
  • Victoria Volchkova

11 5.98%
  • Julia Sebestyen

14 7.61%
  • Irina Slutskaya

16 8.70%
  • Tanja Szewczenko

2 1.09%
  • Yu Na Kim

59 32.07%
  • Miki Ando

4 2.17%
  • Gracie Gold

8 4.35%
  • Agnes Zawadski

3 1.63%
  • Other

8 4.35%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Greatest Ladies 3Lz

• Midori Ito
    • Tonya Harding
    • Nancy Kerrigan
    • Victoria Volchkova
    • Julia Sebestyen
    • Irina Slutskaya
    • Tanja Szewczenko
    • Yu Na Kim
    • Miki Ando
    • Gracie Gold
    • Agnes Zawadski
    • Other

vCash
    She wasnt the most consistent of course but just in terms of pure quality when landed for a solo triple lutz, my pick is Harding. So I voted for her.

In terms of combination of great quality, consistency, and using it in harder combinations I would pick Yu Na Kim first and Miki Ando second.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Malinina Wuzrobbed

vCash
    I picked Tonya too, but we just watched that 1994 mammoth sized lutz she did at nationals. Some of today's US men probably can't rival it. Yu Na Kim gets the most points for quality and consistency. If I wanted to mention someone inconsistent but brilliant it would be Volchkova. She had close to the speed and power of Harding if she was actually focused and not screwing up--which was rare.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 07-04-2013 at 09:19 AM.

vCash
    Between Nancy Kerrigan and Viktoria Volchkova because they have no vote ! So, my vote goes to Nancy's 3Lz, such a perfect technique and control on the landing.
    Why Irina Slutskaya and Tanja Swewczenko are on the list ? Elena Sokolova, Vanessa Gusmeroli and many others had better 3Lz !

vCash
    Kim or Volchkova

vCash
    Wow this is really hard. Voted for kim. But all of these girls have amazing triple lutz.

vCash
    I don't remember Volchkova having good speed and flow on the 3lz landing. Szewczenko's landing on her 3ltz also wasn't very good.

I'd say Yuna has the most beautiful 3lutz of anyone. The ease, flow, speed in and out of the jump, distance, height and the security of her 3luz are all excellant.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Malinina should be on the list - is her omission simply because she seems unfashionable? Also, when she didn't double-foot it (something which she did quite often of course), Baiul's triple lutz was pretty spectacular.

Ito, Harding, and Kim all had or have amazing technique on the lutz.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 07-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    Tonya's lutz is just wow. Huge! Yu-na's is awesome too, close second.

vCash
    Love Kims lutz , but Hardings was a beauty. Ito too. Tough choice between them.

vCash
    A tough choice between Nancy and Tonya, but I chose Tonya.

vCash
    nice szewczenko is in. she had a great lutz, although most of the time two footed or stepped out, but if she was on, this was a huge thing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Between Nancy Kerrigan and Viktoria Volchkova because they have no vote ! So, my vote goes to Nancy's 3Lz, such a perfect technique and control on the landing.
    Why Irina Slutskaya and Tanja Swewczenko are on the list ? Elena Sokolova, Vanessa Gusmeroli and many others had better 3Lz !
    You are crazy. Gusmeroli and Sokolova dont do a single jump better than Slutskaya. Had they been on the poll they would have gotten no votes, and Irina has some so obviously poll starter made right choice.

Szewcenko had a huge lutz when on, although I would bump her from the poll definitely not in favor of Gusmeroli or Sokolova, but someone like Malinina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usova94gold View Post
    You are crazy. Gusmeroli and Sokolova dont do a single jump better than Slutskaya. Had they been on the poll they would have gotten no votes, and Irina has some so obviously poll starter made right choice.

Szewcenko had a huge lutz when on, although I would bump her from the poll definitely not in favor of Gusmeroli or Sokolova, but someone like Malinina.
    Hahahaaa
    Your first post is really nice.
    But really, Slutskaya's Lutz is not good. She was so much better in edge jumps. Her Lutz was on flat, was telegraphed, with no speed on the landing. It had great height.

vCash
    Slutskaya's lutz was terrific with enormous height, great control, a true outside edge. So Gusmeroli's with a flutz, much less height, and ugly whippy landing even when successful was better. You are funny. Given your name and that you are probably the only one who would try to argue Gusmeroli doing any jumps better than Slutskaya I am guessing you are French.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I don't remember Volchkova having good speed and flow on the 3lz landing. Szewczenko's landing on her 3ltz also wasn't very good.

I'd say Yuna has the most beautiful 3lutz of anyone. The ease, flow, speed in and out of the jump, distance, height and the security of her 3luz are all excellant.
    I agree with your memory of Volchkova, because in competition it was very rare. But I've seen it with my own eyes. She could do an excellent 3Lz-3T.

Regarding Szewczenko, I also agree. I am not sure she belongs in this list, but she got a lot of height.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usova94gold View Post
    Slutskaya's lutz was terrific with enormous height, great control, a true outside edge. So Gusmeroli's with a flutz, much less height, and ugly whippy landing even when successful was better. You are funny. Given your name and that you are probably the only one who would try to argue Gusmeroli doing any jumps better than Slutskaya I am guessing you are French.
    You are fantastic

vCash
    Julia Sebestyen

vCash
    Tatiana Malinina

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast