View Poll Results: How would Harding's '94 Nats programs have scored at the Olys?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gold

2 7.14%
  • Silver

2 7.14%
  • Bronze

10 35.71%
  • 4th

4 14.29%
  • 5th

3 10.71%
  • 6th or lower

7 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    That triple axel question seems like too large of a what if to wonder about. She wasn't likely to try it, so the I suspect judges were not tormented by what to do if she landed one. It gave some substance to Harding's viability, but it was not serious or taken seriously--probably not even by Tonya.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 07-06-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    That triple axel question seems like too large of a what if to wonder about. She wasn't likely to try it, so the I suspect judges were not tormented by the question of what to do if she landed one.
    She should have tried. It would have been better than what she did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    She should have tried. It would have been better than what she did.
    I think she did try and popped both. It's not as if she landed beautiful single axels.

Here's a video of her nailing three of them at Nats practice in '94. She had the jump, these actually look better than the ones she landed in '91: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYViHpq1KTs
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Remember that if she had been Olympic Champion, her title would have been cancelled, which means no Olympic Champion for 1994. Hehe !!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Remember that if she had been Olympic Champion, her title would have been cancelled, which means no Olympic Champion for 1994. Hehe !!!!
    Tonya was banned from the USFSA, not IOC. But who knows what would have happened if she actually won!?!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnt175 View Post
    I actually feel Harding placed too low in the SP as it was. I am not a fan of her LP that year though. Its possible she might have snuck a bronze in, but I think Chen had the superior LP and deserved her medal. (Actually Chen should have won silver as it was). Harding had better spins than Chen, but at that point Chen had overtaken her or at least matched her technical difficulty on a good day (no triple axel or 3/3s from Harding). Both had great basics but Lulu was far more artistically polished at this point and had better in-betweens.

i also think Sato outskated most of the field in the LP, so at best I have Harding 4th or 5th depending on how the oridinals end up.
    Harding by that point needed far more content than what she was attempting to have a real shot even on a good day. No longer being U.S #1 or having a strong World standing like she had in 91 and 92, she needed to do be doing more difficulty than the others, not less which is what she was planning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12