Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    You're so penile.
    Well, I certainly am.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    This thread has reminded me why I haven't come to or posted on FSU in a long time. Some really bitter and jealous people who cannot stand anything that doesn't follow the skating etiquette rulebook. Well, newsflash to you folks, that rulebook is why skating has been relegated to most peoples trash cans these days in the United States. Continue living in your boring world..... clearly with the attention and participation of many of the world's greatest voices on the sport, TSL doesn't need you. And I surely don't either.

vCash
    I can tell you that TSL is being watched and followed with a real buzz not only here in the states but in Korea and Japan with avid interest on sites and skating boards... and with a very positive light. The reason... the hosts and the guests are being themselves and not totally reserved as they must be with the Media which most have been warned not to trust. The guests which are skaters, coaches, both past and present provide intelligent and often humorous insight into skating's background. Questions that fans want asked... not the bullshit that NBC and print media seek to use to set up and when appropriate kick off their little pedistals. No one forces you to watch. If you don't like the opinions expressed there shoulc not follow it. PERIOD! I'm done! Next!!!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My 1040 View Post
    This thread has reminded me why I haven't come to or posted on FSU in a long time. Some really bitter and jealous people who cannot stand anything that doesn't follow the skating etiquette rulebook. Well, newsflash to you folks, that rulebook is why skating has been relegated to most peoples trash cans these days in the United States. Continue living in your boring world..... clearly with the attention and participation of many of the world's greatest voices on the sport, TSL doesn't need you. And I surely don't either.
    Are you addressing the one poster in this thread who went round the bend?

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    The reason... the hosts and the guests are being themselves and not totally reserved as they must be with the Media which most have been warned not to trust.
    Not disagreeing with your bigger point, but if someone is doing interviews and posting them on YouTube, they are part of the "Media".
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Yes, but for the skating world Dave and Jenny are the New Media. As long as they stay independent. But I would bet you a quarter they are busily trying to figure out how they can make a living out of all this "buzz." As they should... I just hope it does not mean they are swallowed up (coopted) by the Old Media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Yes, but for the skating world Dave and Jenny are the New Media. As long as they stay independent. But I would bet you a quarter they are busily trying to figure out how they can make a living out of all this "buzz." As they should... I just hope it does not mean they are swallowed up (coopted) by the Old Media.
    They are already making money. Didn't you notice the ad that plays before the interview?

vCash
    I think what makes them different is daring to say something that other media mostly won't. They're not politically correct, just honest about how they view things. Some situations demand tact and being politically correct, other situations don't. Figure skating is one example when not being politically correct becomes more interesting in many ways. Wether you agree or not, they are fun en different to listen to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    I can tell you that TSL is being watched and followed with a real buzz not only here in the states but in Korea and Japan with avid interest on sites and skating boards... and with a very positive light.
    I guess it might not be true in Japan. Unfortunately I don't think people are always positive on him since they know what Dave has written on his blog and formspring. As for me TSL is still a private media like his blog/formspring, not always reliable. Sorry Dave.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    I guess it might not be true in Japan. Unfortunately I don't think people are always positive on him since they know what Dave has written on his blog and formspring. As for me TSL is still a private media like his blog/formspring, not always reliable. Sorry Dave.
    Do you mean factual?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567