Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    if SH cared about what people say or think about her, she wouldnt show up at ice shows without any jumps
    I view it as being opportunistic. Both of the Hughes are expert at that characteristic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    How is saying that he "thought it was time that a new conversation was had about the sport" in any way dissing other podcasts? It's merely saying there's room for another point of view / approach.
    Time for "a new conversation" in conjunction with the statement that Dave was listening to podcasts when he thought this IMHO implies that he thought something was lacking in the "conversations" that were already going on.
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Time for "a new conversation" in conjunction with the statement that Dave was listening to podcasts when he thought this IMHO implies that he thought something was lacking in the "conversations" that were already going on.
    You're starting to sound like ManleyWoman's skate mom . There was nothing remotely negative in that remark. Why are you so determined to create a feud that isn't there? ManleyWoman has a good podcast. It's not the first skating podcast ever. TSL is also good. It won't be the last skating podcast ever. Time to move on and quit looking for a feud that doesn't exist.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I agree with overedge. I don't think TSL has done more than add to the conversation. It's a nice addition.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Hi TSL! Thanks for posting. I appreciate that you read the feedback and took time to give us a response. Your videos and interviews obviously take a HUGE amount of research and prep. Thank you so much for making them. You ask great questions and achieve a good balance of being candid/ approachable yet professional. I look forward to your future interviews and other videos. Thanks again for contributing such great work to the skating community.

vCash
    I think it's time that I did a podcast. Of course there will be no talking. It will just be an hour of them staring into the camera.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    So you needed to say this because? You know, if it was say, Michelle Kwan instead of Yuna Kim being injected into all these interviews I would still be annoyed. Why are you so passive-aggresively defensive?
    Leave it to shine to take offense over a facetious remark... and I'm the one being defensive?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    You're starting to sound like ManleyWoman's skate mom . There was nothing remotely negative in that remark. Why are you so determined to create a feud that isn't there? ManleyWoman has a good podcast. It's not the first skating podcast ever. TSL is also good. It won't be the last skating podcast ever. Time to move on and quit looking for a feud that doesn't exist.
    You might not see anything negative in how TSL framed their comment. I do. You're under no obligation to agree with me, so take your own advice and move on.
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Judging from Nationals, Rippon finally seemed to have the 3axel technique nailed under Arutunian so I wish him the best going forward. He is going to need a quad plus both 3axels and lutzes and every tenths of COP points to even have a chance in making the 2 men US Team to Sochi.

I have enough trouble as it is picking 3 men out of these 6: Aaron, Lysacek, Abbott, Rippon, Farris, Brown. And then there is also Miner and Dornbush. Realistically I doubt the USFS would leave home someone who isn't already some sort of National, World or Olympic Champion or someone who had Aaron's quad consistency.

Regarding TSL, I actually like that Dave has an opinion and a clear passion for skating. He clearly is a purist and prefers skaters' skaters like a Kwan or a Browning. His standard is very high and he has great taste . For me anyway, he is very relatable as a skating fan and webmaster. Also, I would hate for any new audience or fan to the sport to think or pass on any thought that hip thrusting on centre ice or absolutely ignoring the music but for a few flares here and there should be highly rewarded in competition.
    Back on topic: I agree about the axel it looked great on the GP and super with speed at Nationals and he looked like he was comfortable doing it. His face looked so much more confident. Sometimes an injury can provide a healthy timeout. When one of the skaters at our rink got hurt and was off the ice for 6 weeks her coach said that was the perfect time for the body to forget her old way of what the coach saw as a bad habit and re-learn the element with fresh eyes.

vCash
    I am very impressed with Adam, he seems to be in such a great place at this early point in the season, he's confident and sure, likes both his programs, loves his coach and choreographers, is thrilled to have Ashley with him, and is healthy.

vCash
    Nobody in this interview mentioned a quad, did they?

Glad Adam is confident, but he really has zero chance of making the Olys without one. Maybe he's got one now and didn't want to jinx himself by talking about it.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Surprising they were so consumed with the 3a problems they never got to his quad lutz attempts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Nobody in this interview mentioned a quad, did they?

... Maybe he's got one now and didn't want to jinx himself by talking about it.
    Actually, the word quad was mentioned during the interview. Adam spoke about training a quad at the beginning of the interview when he was discussing his ankle injury that is now healed. Ya know, Adam may have a certain way he likes to prepare or he may or may not have some superstitions in relation to what he does or doesn't do before an event. Personally, though, I seriously doubt it even crossed Adam's mind that talking about how his training with the quad is going would in any way be a jinx or conversely that not talking about it would be a good luck charm. Wow, maybe Dave and Jenny could somehow finagle this unenlightening bit of trivial nonsense into a question for their next interview. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    ...As to Adam... an hour is too long for an interview with anyone but a legend, IMO. But I will check it out later.
    Come on now! There can never be enough time spent with Adam Rippon. I'm sure all of his fans and friends would agree! For just over an hour interview, the time flew by. Adam is indeed a delight!

Thanks Jenny and Dave. I probably have posted some critiques of TSL here on occasion (hopefully more constructive than picky ). I admire you both for having the idea and bringing it to fruition, and thus adding to the conversation. Great addition, and there's certainly room for more conversations and indeed plenty of room for more, better and wider coverage of figure skating in the USA! Re all the critiques, nobody's perfect and as the saying goes (from Abraham Lincoln btw): "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” Interviewing is not as easy as some people who've never done it might think it is. All in all, TSL provides a great service to figure skating. I especially enjoyed the recent interviews with a sports psychologist, and a nutritionist.

Also, you guys rocked your TSL interviews with each other. Quite hilarious and informative at the same time. Stay real and continue telling it like you see it.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Actually, the word quad was mentioned during the interview. Adam spoke about training a quad at the beginning of the interview when he was discussing his ankle injury that is now healed. Ya know, Adam may have a certain way he likes to prepare or he may or may not have some superstitions in relation to what he does or doesn't do before an event. Personally, though, I seriously doubt it even crossed Adam's mind that talking about how his training with the quad is going would in any way be a jinx or conversely that not talking about it would be a good luck charm. Wow, maybe Dave and Jenny could somehow finagle this unenlightening bit of trivial nonsense into a question for their next interview. Or not.

Come on now! There can never be enough time spent with Adam Rippon. I'm sure all of his fans and friends would agree! For just over an hour interview, the time flew by. Adam is indeed a delight!

Thanks Jenny and Dave. I probably have posted some critiques of TSL here on occasion (hopefully more constructive than picky ). I admire you both for having the idea and bringing it to fruition, and thus adding to the conversation. Great addition, and there's certainly room for more conversations and indeed plenty of room for more, better and wider coverage of figure skating in the USA! Re all the critiques, nobody's perfect and as the saying goes (from Abraham Lincoln btw): "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” Interviewing is not as easy as some people who've never done it might think it is. All in all, TSL provides a great service to figure skating. I especially enjoyed the recent interviews with a sports psychologist, and a nutritionist.

Also, you guys rocked your TSL interviews with each other. Quite hilarious and informative at the same time. Stay real and continue telling it like you see it.
    ITA with the bolded part. I watched it twice!

vCash
    He's a total doll. Consider me a (new) fan.

vCash

A video clip of Adam and Ashley from Adam's Instagram
    http://web.stagram.com/n/adaripp/

vCash
    I bet Ashley and Adam are a pair of scallywags together. Working under Arturian might do them both some good.

Adam came across as thoughtful and articulate. I can't wait or Ashley's turn!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudove View Post

A video clip of Adam and Ashley from Adam's Instagram
    http://web.stagram.com/n/adaripp/
    Aww.... love the pix! I noted the first pix he is holding a puppy (happiness - see it works!), later on he is seen hugging a Wagner (swaggner) and a Weir (diva). Great combos for the new season. Go Adam!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Dave has admitted here that while he was "at work," you know, getting PAID BY SOMEONE TO DO A JOB, he was, "listening to podcasts..."

This speaks VOLUMES as to the type of person he is ...... rip-off your employer by faking to work while listening to podcasts....

Slacker.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PairSk8Fan View Post
    Dave has admitted here that while he was "at work," you know, getting PAID BY SOMEONE TO DO A JOB, he was, "listening to podcasts..."

This speaks VOLUMES as to the type of person he is ...... rip-off your employer by faking to work while listening to podcasts....

Slacker.....

hmmm, back in the day before digital TV, I would listen to my soaps on a radio that received TV sound while I was at work. Wanting to be in the lab w/ my testing ready to go before my soap started actually made me more productive at work because I didn't 'slack' in getting started. Some people are capable of doing two things at once.

eta: we don't know what Dave's job is (if we do I missed it) so we don't know if he's doing brain surgery while listening to podcasts (altho surgeons do listen to music & I imagine now, podcasts too during surgery) or if he's doing mindless work that actually benefits from having something to listen to in order to keep the brain engaged during said mindless duties. hmmmph. *gets off soapbox*

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast