Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miki is a Mama

vCash
    What?! Wow! How in the world did she keep this a secret? I feel like there had to have at least been rumors, but my hat is off to her for her sekret keeping abilities.

In all seriousness though, congrats to Miki, her baby and her baby daddy!

vCash
    This is a little bit Janet Jackson.

vCash
    Nikkan sports reports:
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...2-1150968.html

Miki's partner is a retired Japanese skater, about whom she hasn't announced any information, and they are not married yet. When things change, they might announce (about their relations).

From this article and the other I posted above, I guess baby's daddy is Nanli with whom she lives together. The article also says Miki noticed her pregnancy last October.

vCash
    Congrats to Miki and partner.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye5372973.html

Comments from Mr. Ito, Japanese Skating Federation
    "Very surprised. Hope she will do her best for her dream as a Mama athlete"
    And comments from Mr. Shimomura, Minister of Education in Japan
    "I am one of fans of Miki Ando and hope she makes good performances as an athlete as much as possible. Will support strong women athletes focus on practice with confidence after baby birth also."

vCash
    OMG, best news ever! I'm so excited for Miki, she looks so happy holding the baby. Congrats to her and the baby's father!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NONKO View Post

ok, doesn't seem as if the JSF has had any clue of what was going on

very funny, german sports homepage even mentioned the news of mikis baby and comeback plans, although figure skating most of the time not mentioned

http://www.sport1.de/de/wintersport/...ge_742930.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NONKO View Post

And comments from Mr. Shimomura, Minister of Education in Japan
    "I am one of fans of Miki Ando and hope she makes good performances as an athlete as much as possible. Will support strong women athletes focus on practice with confidence after baby birth also."
    Okay, the Japanese Skating Federation was surprised??? The CIA should hire Miki.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Okay, the Japanese Skating Federation was surprised??? The CIA should hire Miki.
    The Japanese Skating Federation says that it was surprised Miki stood out the whole season, they had to know.

vCash
    This is an article in “Nikkan Sports” in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

Miki Ando had given birth to a girl and said, "I thought of the happiness as the woman".
    July 2nd, 2013 JST

Photo:
    Photography: by Nikkan Sports
    Miki Ando who charmed the audience in “Dreams on Ice” in June 28th.

By Kengo Abe
    In July 1st, Miki Ando (25) released that she had given birth to a girl in April in the interview of the TV program “Hodo Station or News Station” of TV Asahi. She found the pregnancy in last October and consider about the balance with the competition life, but decided to give birth. She doesn’t wedding with a partner yet.
    Ando declared that she takes a rest after the 2011 Worlds where she won the championship. In last October, she expressed that she retires from the eligible after finishing this season which is waited by Sochi Olympics and resumed the practice in earnest in May after her childbirth.

Ando had become a mother. She appeared in a dress with dark blue in the interview for recording of "Hodo Station" of TV Asahi and confessed with smiling face, saying, "According to the egoistic decision which I would like to live as one woman, I gave birth to a baby safely in April. I became a mother already".

She was just thinking of the return to the competition aiming at Sochi Olympics, when she found pregnancy in October last year. She said, “I hated the answer that I say goodbye to a baby”. There was the time which she was worried about the coexistence with the competition life. And there was the time which it was opposed from the surrounding, too. However, she made a decision to give birth, saying, “ When the story went on in the interview, She spilled tears from the eyes, saying, "I thought the happiness of woman as one woman naturally because I received a life in this world".

It was April that she gave birth. Although it delayed from the expected date of birth, she received a cheerful girl. The weight was 3,350gram. The partner is a former eligible figure skating skater, but isn't announced and isn't wedding yet. If the situation changes, it seems that it reports.

She declared that she takes a rest after 2011 Worlds. As for the Nikolai Morozov who was her coach from after 2006 Turin Olympics, too, she canceled the contract by last year. Until the day when the motivation as the athlete is born again, she kept away from the rink.

Answering to the exclusive interview of Nikkan Sports in October last year, she released that she intends to retire from the eligible skater after finishing this season which Sochi Olympics is held. She disclosed that she missed the GP series by the reason of no coach and disclosed that she takes a perfect rest for half year, saying, "It is main reason that I couldn't decide a coach". It seems that it was the time which she decided whether she give birth or not because she knew the pregnancy then.

After that, she appeared to an event in November, but the size of the belly wasn't conspicuous. At the time when she appeared to the press conference of releasing of an ice show in April 17th of the post-delivery, it was same, too.
    Starting the practice again in May, she showed the skating after the interval in 9 months in the ice show in June 1st.
    Aiming at the comeback to the competition, she proved that it is climbing the stairs step by step, such as she showed the triple Salchow at "Dreams on Ice" which was held in June 28th-30th.

The goal after this is to participate to Japan Nationals (at Saitama in December) which is indispensable to participate to Sochi Olympics. The Kanto Championship (at Kawagoe Skate Center in Saitama in October 11th-14th) which is the preliminary competition of Japan Nationals becomes a competition for returning for her. Because she declined the certified athlete of the Japan Federation which is the requisition for being sent to international competition last autumn, it becomes necessary for her that she leaves a result by the domestic event and is specified to the certified athlete, too.

In the figure skating, there is not a Japanese player of Ladies who participated to Olympics after the childbirth. She has attracted the person by many deeply impressive performance so far, too. In the field of an ice show in the end of June, she said, "I would like to express really 'Miki Ando' who is as a skater, with Ando-like". Aiming at the shining way which anybody can't do except Ando, she is going to embark on the final battle.

The article:
    Miki Ando had given birth to a girl and said, "I thought of the happiness as the woman".

Reference:
    Miki Ando with baby
    http://dailywom.com/geinou/201307/20130702/image3_3.jpg

Miki Ando in her official facebook.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

By "Miki Ando" Official
    It is the state of her jump with "Dream on Ice" ( 6/30 ).
    The person concerned spilled tears unconsciously because they had watched the effort by her after childbirth.
    She returned to this place well.
    It doesn't fill 3 months from her childbirth.
    At first, she seems to have felt even the skates heavy.
    Because many persons sent her the warm word after the broadcasting of this topics on the TV program, all the parties concerned are impressed.
    In all ages, Miki Ando is an ordinary girl who likes the figure skating and has a dream to become a coach. But she is a Worlds champion twice and is a mother also of one child now. Please cheer her from now on also.

Miki's jump at "Dream on Ice" in July 30th. Miki Ando "Phantom of the Opera"
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Miki Ando in the opening of the final day (6/30) of "Dream on Ice". Her look is telling everything.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 07-02-2013 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Congrats on the baby!

However, she hasn't competed in over two years and now with the young ladies and established ones like Yu-na-I not only doubt she will be ready to fight for a medal in Sochi but I doubt she'll be there at all. She seems to lack drive and determination and is sometimes indecisive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I'm not sure why after a life changing thing like having a baby she's even bothering to come back for one more year to be honest.
    Do you ever say anything supportive?

vCash
    It seems quite brave of Miki to reveal that she wasn't sure if she wanted to have a baby at this point in her life, and that she considered ending the pregnancy. I'm glad that she made the choice that was best for her and hope she'll be very happy and fulfilled as a mother - and that she will continue to enjoy her skating career.

vCash
    Twitter:

Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir 6m
    I knew a long time before but wanted to congratulate @M1K1_ANDO on her baby girl! Such a blessed life she will have.

vCash
    AFP (Agence France-Presse) newswire article: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...her-vows-skate

This NBC Olympics article is based on the AFP article: http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/201...skating-japan/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think "secretly" is an interesting word to use. Unless she spent her entire pregnancy locked up in a palace, "visiting her aunt," or anonymously living in another country, it wasn't secret: it was unreported. I think it's nice that this can still happen.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I'm not sure why after a life changing thing like having a baby she's even bothering to come back for one more year to be honest.
    Gymnastics and figure skating aren't the same thing but there is a gymnast named Oksana Chusotivina who had a child YEARS ago and is still competing today, and even won a silver medal in Beijing. Having a baby doesn't necessarily rule you out of the Olympics

vCash
    Kim Clijsters won 3 Grand Slams after having a baby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Kim Clijsters won 3 Grand Slams after having a baby.
    Yep, and why shouldn't Miki try if she wants to? People, especially athletes, challenge themselves all the time. It's part of who they are. Katarina Witt surely knew she wasn't a contender for Gold at the 1994 Olympics, yet she came back for very personal reasons and not only made the German team, but finished very credibly. I support Miki all the way.

Although it surprises me that Miki was able to keep the pregnancy secret until the end, if anyone could do it, I would think she could. She was so tiny before her pregnancy. That can actually help. My sis-in-law is 4'11" and very tiny. She was able to hide her 1st pregnancy for nearly 8 months from her employees who she saw up close and personal almost every day. Her second pregnancy was another matter. Her tummy popped almost immediately.

O-

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast