Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Miki is a Mama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted:

http://www.japancrush.com/2013/stori...f-wedlock.html
    I also thought many comments underneath that article were depressing to read..but I agreed with this one comment

'Can’t be helped that a female athlete will be criticized. That’s the price of fame.
    I feel that that guy who just watched by as she flung herself into the fire is an asshole though.
    I guy like that can’t protect either his wife or his child from the start.'

I guessed she is being attacked by media, and receive much criticized from people in japan according to this website. pity, but can't be helped that famous female athlete who has a baby out of wedlock will be criticized from media and people, That is the price of fame. Especially in very conservative Asian countries... and I feel bad that the guy who is father of baby has just watched that she flung herself into the fire. That guy didn't protect her and his baby either. I do not know why she should be in front of the media alone
    Last edited by karlon; 07-05-2013 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    I guess the father is Morozov, then. Otherwise she could have reveiled him or at least just tell something about him. Plus she didn't show the baby's face, she could have look a bit like Moro

vCash
    Why is the couple delaying marrying? Hope this is not a rebound situation with an unexpected surprise.
    I was thinking along these lines and was waiting for someone to mention it...from what I've read, the situation just seems...odd.

Still though, I'll refrain from speculating further and just wish her the best of luck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsYz-S2EMU

According to this, Miki and Morozov last met in June 2012---he choreographed her programs for the season, and Miki gave birth in April---That's ten months

Also according to this http://sports.sohu.com/20130702/n380486121.shtml, M was really surprised to learn that Miki gave birth in April, and asked the interviewer to repeat. He was silent for a long period of time after the confirmation. When asked if he's the father of the baby, he said first "it's not possible, and then added, "She didn't tell me anything"------This is kinda different from a total denial.
    I don't understand japanese so don't know if the translation is accurate though.

I know it is none of my business, just wondering....

but anyway, congratulations to Miki for the baby---she looks so happy and beautiful with the baby. To be honest, I think Miki finally showed her soul in her skating after M-M relationship and for that, we can't deny the positive influence of Morozov on her development, let alone the titles.
    Sounds like a case of Miki loving Morozov too much. Whatever, wish Miki good luck and happy!
    Last edited by Eyre; 07-06-2013 at 06:13 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If it's difficult to be child of a single mother, add being mixed race in Japan into the mix.

I thought that it wasn't uncommon in Japan for couples to marry after the first child is born, but maybe I misunderstood some earlier threads.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Just want to correct the choreography portion---M didn't choreograph Miki's program for 2012/2013----can't find "edit" button any more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsYz-S2EMU

According to this, Miki and Morozov last met in June 2012, and Miki gave birth in April---That's ten months

Also according to this http://sports.sohu.com/20130702/n380486121.shtml, M was really surprised to learn that Miki gave birth in April, and asked the interviewer to repeat. He was silent for a long period of time after the confirmation. When asked if he's the father of the baby, he said first "it's not possible, and then added, "She didn't tell me anything"------This is kinda different from a total denial.
    I don't understand japanese so don't know if the translation is accurate though.

I know it is none of my business, just wondering....

but anyway, congratulations to Miki for the baby---she looks so happy and beautiful with the baby. To be honest, I think Miki finally showed her soul in her skating after M-M relationship and for that, we can't deny the positive influence of Morozov on her development, let alone the titles.

vCash
    Miki looks very happy. Wishing her all the best!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    This was very reminiscent of Kwan's Bolero...well, one of the versions she skated. I wonder if Morosov choreographed this piece of Miki. If so, then I think we know who tinkered with Christopher Dean's Bolero (other than Kwan and Arutunian).
    I think that Miki's Bolero, too, of this time isn't the choreography of Morozov, because even the Bolero in 2008/2009 season, when Morozov had coached her, was what was choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto. I think that it was choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto or Miki itself probably.

Reference
    2009 Stars on Ice in Japan Tour: Miki Ando "Bolero"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjXNoK0A_2A
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 07-06-2013 at 12:23 AM.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    ----can't find "edit" button any more?
    After 24 hours you can't edit your posts anymore.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    VIETgrlTerifa

Sadly many children born out of wedlock in Japan have a difficult time, officially, as you noted, and socially. At school they are frequently bullied and called names. Out of wedlock parentage is still a no no in Japan, which has a single digit out of wedlock rate and has the second lowest out of wedlock rate worldwide. Only Korea has a lower rate.

Abortion is illegal in Japan.
    "Chapter XXIX of Penal Code of Japan makes abortion illegal. Meanwhile, Maternal Health Protection Law allows approved doctors to practice abortion with the consent of the mother and her spouse, if the pregnancy has been from rape, or if the continuation of the pregnancy may severely endanger the maternal health. Any other persons, including the mother herself, trying to abort the fetus will be punished by the law. Anyone trying to practice abortion without the consent of the woman will also be punished, including the doctors." (wikipedia)
    Women having an illegal abortion can be imprisoned for one year. I wonder how many actually are.
    I grew up in Japan but never noticed kids are bullied just because of this. Nobody really cares. I was in much more unfortunate situation than Miki's daughter is but never got picked on or bullied just because of my background. You can also get a decent job. Nobody has access to your birth certificate other than the Government. Also, I know it's not illegal to have an abortion in Japan because I know at least a several people who had an abortion when I was growing up. It's like gambling in Japan, It's illegal to gamble but many people do gamble there. If abortion was really illegal, Miki wouldn't have thought about having an abortion. Miki said she chose the baby's life over skating, that tells me that she had a choice. I am so glad that she chose the baby's life though. I am so happy for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    After 24 hours you can't edit your posts anymore.
    Thanks! I never know about that feature

vCash
    Oda's wife got pregnant before they got married. Miki allowed her baby news leaked through the media. Sounds like a pretty open society to me. Though I can imagine Japan is not as open as in western countries.

Blergh
    vCash
    One thing I will say, I can't imagine any established American sports personality or celebrity being open about abortion or at least even having to think about keeping her child the way Miki has. I'm sure it has happened, but I'm sure it's rare, especially now with the climate the way it is.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Abortion is most definitely not illegal in Japan.

Or particularly controversial.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    VIETgrlTerifa

Sadly many children born out of wedlock in Japan have a difficult time, officially, as you noted, and socially. At school they are frequently bullied and called names. Out of wedlock parentage is still a no no in Japan, which has a single digit out of wedlock rate and has the second lowest out of wedlock rate worldwide. Only Korea has a lower rate.

Abortion is illegal in Japan.
    "Chapter XXIX of Penal Code of Japan makes abortion illegal. Meanwhile, Maternal Health Protection Law allows approved doctors to practice abortion with the consent of the mother and her spouse, if the pregnancy has been from rape, or if the continuation of the pregnancy may severely endanger the maternal health. Any other persons, including the mother herself, trying to abort the fetus will be punished by the law. Anyone trying to practice abortion without the consent of the woman will also be punished, including the doctors." (wikipedia)
    Women having an illegal abortion can be imprisoned for one year. I wonder how many actually are.
    As for the abortion, it's legal as long as the case follows the Matemal Protection Law(Article 14-15). So it is supposed that Miki could choose the way legally if she really wanted.

And about the first paragraph of your post, I totally agree with ks777's (#150). Presumably no one cares if you are born IN or OUT of wedlock especially in the big city like Yokohama where Miki lives now.

If people want to talk about Miki's private life like, how about moving this thread to the trash can or starting a new one ? Please remember the certain possibilities that Himawari would read YOUR POSTS when she grous up. Thank you.
    Last edited by rosewood; 07-06-2013 at 12:53 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    The Trash Can is no more private than this forum, and surely she'll see her mother's TV interview when she grows up.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I was honestly pretty surprised that she had the baby and didn't get married. Only because when it comes to Japanese entertainers (and public figures in general it seems) shot gun weddings are very common, often the pregnancy and wedding are announced at the same time or the baby announcement comes shortly after the wedding... to the point where whenever there's a wedding announcement I think "OK now when's the baby coming?" I think getting married probably has something to do with the laws there and the family registry...

vCash
    I didn't say they did. I just said it encouraged curiosity when something like this is left up in the air. What are the reasons someone would not reveal who the father of their child is.
    Some possibilities: they don't know; he is a married man; pregnancy by artificial insemination; embarrassed by who the father is......; doesn't want the father to know he is...;
    Or maybe it's because it's none of our damn business. Maybe it's natural for some people to wonder who the father is but I think it's intrusive to speculate (esp unfavorably) on WHY she didn't tell.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Or maybe it's because it's none of our damn business. Maybe it's natural for some people to wonder who the father is but I think it's intrusive to speculate (esp unfavorably) on WHY she didn't tell.
    i think she is begging for speculation so she can sell those baby pics for the most $$$ possible
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I assume you are kidding, mlp, since she already released the pictures to public and therefore has completely diminished their worth in terms of any bidding war with the media.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast