Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The GAY thread

vCash
    [QUOTE=PeterG;4235785]That's so stupid. I'm fifty and I don't have ANY wrinkles.

The only wrinkles on my 50 year old body go away as soon as I have Botox, or a Kamagra. One has far more fun after effects though.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    'Orange Is the New Black,' 'Philomena' Earn GLAAD Awards

"Elementary" also takes home the best individual episode, while "Concussion" wins for limited release film.
    George Takei won an award also.

vCash
    I really like Andrew garfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRXc_-c_9Xc

vCash
    HBO - SUNDAY, 05/25/14 (times are EDT):

9:00pm The Normal Heart

The Normal Heart
    A doctor in 1980s New York treats some of the first people in America to be diagnosed with Aids, while a gay rights activist investigates the new disease that people around him are dying from. However, they both face opposition from medical authorities, which refuse to recognise the danger. Fact-based drama, with Mark Ruffalo and Julia Roberts

11:15pm The Normal Heart (repeats)
    NOTE: Check HBO schedule; show repeats at various times during the coming week.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-26-2014 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    There were parts that felt uneven, but as a whole the movie was very good. Both Matt Bomer and Taylor Kitsch were fantastic. There were so many death scenes, my eyes hurt of so much crying.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I watched "The Normal Heart" 3 times already on HBO. I thought it was exceptional. I came out in 1984, at the age of 22, and the "sentiments of the time" were very accurate. I have to add though, I thought much of the gay community acted as though AIDS would be somewhat of a "confined kind-of-thing" to the California/New York area. We never really thought it would come to our cities, towns and rural areas. We were somewhat naive and felt impervious at the time, IMO. I've lost many good friends (gay and straight) during the '80s and '90s. I'd like to see a sequel. There's still a lot of story to tell.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 05-27-2014 at 08:18 AM.

vCash
    "The Normal Heart" was devastating. Of all the highly emotional moments, I found the speech by Joe Mantello as Mickey Marcus (when they were having the board meeting) about as raw a piece of acting as I've ever seen...he just let it go and laid it all on the line...stunning...painful...real.

EDIT: Via Twitter...

Greg Hernandez ‏@greghernandez 11m
    Premiere of long-awaited film version of The Normal Heart watched by 1.4 million viewers: http://goo.gl/oDazNO @NormalHeartFilm
    EDIT2:

Towleroad ‏@tlrd 2m
    Larry Kramer Talks to Jane Pauley During the First Days of the AIDS Crisis in 1983: VIDEO http://tlrd.us/Rz9O3t
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-28-2014 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    In case anyone in the UK is interested - The Normal Heart will air in the UK on Sky Atlantic on Sunday 1 June at (i think) 9pm.

vCash
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...yers-1.2670688

Thousands of B.C. lawyers have voted for a non-binding resolution to reverse the Law Society's April decision to accredit Trinity Western University's new Christian law school.

The resolution directs the Board of Governors, known as Benchers, to declare that TWU's law school is not an approved faculty of law for the purposes of the Law Society’s admissions program.

Of the B.C. Law Society's 13,000 members, 3,210 voted in favour with 968 opposed. However, the resolution is not binding, so does not automatically reverse the existing decision to accredit the law school.
    I was one of the 3,210 who voted in favour. One of the few good things I did today (I had a really crappy day at the office).

Some background:

The special vote was called after critics objected to the Christian university’s covenant, which forbids all students and staff from sexual relationships outside of marriage between a man and woman.

Victoria lawyer, Michael Mulligan, who triggered the vote, believes that covenant is discrimination.

“We are assessing an institution that wishes to discriminate based on sexual orientation," said Mulligan.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718