Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: The GAY thread

vCash
    Apparently Fred Phelps is ready to bite the big one...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/westboro...eath-son-says/

Strange, I always thought this would be a joyous occasion, but it just feels like nothing. What a sad way to waste a life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Sam Adams beer manufacturer pulls out of South Boston St. Patrick’s Day parade

Sam Adams is tied for first place in being the best selling domestically brewed beer. It has been a major sponsor of the St. Patrick's Day parade, but no longer. Several Boston radio stations have also pulled all support for this event.
    for Sam Adams and Heineken!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    Apparently Fred Phelps is ready to bite the big one...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/westboro...eath-son-says/

Strange, I always thought this would be a joyous occasion, but it just feels like nothing. What a sad way to waste a life.
    I wonder if anyone will picket his funeral.....

vCash
    Twitter:

Towleroad ‏@tlrd 24m
    Boston's St. Patrick's Day Parade Had a Stealth Gay Float with Rainbow Cannons http://tlrd.us/1p3jQUM

EDIT: Here's the link to the Boston Globe article (embedded in Towleroad article)...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...bRI/story.html

‘Diversity float’ will be part of St. Patrick’s Day Parade
    By Andrew Ryan | GLOBE STAFF MARCH 16, 2014

Excerpt:

“It just seemed the timing was right this year for a new change,” [City Council President] Linehan said, noting that Boston had a new mayor, Mahoney is chief marshal, and there was interest in marching from two local groups with gay members. “There are other ways to do things, even if they are not as public, not as volatile, and not as contentious.”

In its parade application, the Lower End contingent described its entry as a “diversity float” that would welcome people of all races, ethnicities, and sexual orientations. Marchers are expected to wear suits and ties or other business attire accented with a scarf to celebrate the diversity of South Boston.

Acceptable scarves — which were agreed to by marchers and parade organizers — include colors of any national flag, a peace sign, a rainbow for diversity, or an equal sign for gay rights. The application noted that “this small token of wearing a unique scarf would allow us to move toward inclusion.”

“The only way for this to work was to keep quiet. We had to wait it out and prove what we said when we first started, that we’re not here to make a big statement,” [Gay Air Force vet] Foster said last Saturday, taking a break from float construction. “We all thought, if we just show up on parade day and we march and have a cool float, people will understand.”
    Last edited by dardar1126; 03-17-2014 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    The Kylie single flopped (number 12 in the first week in the UK).

I blame the SERIOUSFACE arty farty video. Seriously who thought it would be a good fir for a camp, happy, MDMA-spiced club track?

So now she has decided to go in the exact opposite direction and release a a very subtle fake-lesbian video to Sexercize. (she meant 'Sexercise'). It's rather desperate, I'm sure you will agree. Terrible track as well. The whole "Kiss Me Once" album is very disappointing.

It will keep the gay fans happy though as the promotional campaign includes various video 'interpretations' of the song like this one, including male underwear models. (Still desperate).

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The Kylie single flopped (number 12 in the first week in the UK).

I blame the SERIOUSFACE arty farty video. Seriously who thought it would be a good fir for a camp, happy, MDMA-spiced club track?

So now she has decided to go in the exact opposite direction and release a a very subtle fake-lesbian video to Sexercize. (she meant 'Sexercise'). It's rather desperate, I'm sure you will agree. Terrible track as well. The whole "Kiss Me Once" album is very disappointing.

It will keep the gay fans happy though as the promotional campaign includes various video 'interpretations' of the song like this one, including male underwear models. (Still desperate).
    Isn't all pop music these days desperate and disappointing? It could just be that as I age, I no longer get the appeal. I'm a lot crankier and bitch a lot more now. *sigh* The video did however reaffirm the fact that I much prefer fuzzy guys over smooth guys; I don't like the plastic look, sorry.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-20-2014 at 12:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Isn't all pop music these days desperate and disappointing?
    No.

A few fantastic pop tracks from the last few months:

Allie X "Catch"
    Linnea Dale "High Hopes"
    Tove Lo "Habits" ('I eat my dinner in the bath tub / then I go to sex clubs' is one of the best opening lines ever )
    Zhala "Prophet"

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    The video did however reaffirm the fact that I much prefer fuzzy guys over smooth guys; I don't like the plastic look, sorry.
    Same here but I think the main problem was the plastic faces and not as much the lack of body hair. When Marina did the same (frolicking with underwear models under the showers) for her video, the results were much more satisfactory. Marina & the Diamonds "How to Be a Heartbreaker".
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-20-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Fred Phelps Sr., founder of Westboro Baptist Church, dies at 84

I fear that man lived a hell-ish life for his 84 years. And unfortunately made other people's lives hell as well. I hope he is in peace now and the agony of his life has been shed completely.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Ugh! You gays are one lazy bunch!

OMG! The new trailer for The Normal Heart with Mark Ruffalo and Matt Bomer is here!

http://www.out.com/entertainment/pop...n-normal-heart

Also starts:

Jim Parsons
    Julia Roberts
    Taylor Kitsch
    Jonathan Groff

vCash
    The Normal Heart looks really good! Plus you can never go wrong with Matt Bomer!
    Kyle

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Honey Maid: Love

We made a commercial about what makes families, family. And we received a lot of comments. See what we did with them.
    I love this video!

Tyler Glenn, Frontman of Neon Trees, Urges Fans: 'Come Out as You'

Neon Trees is one of those bands that make me go but I definitely know Animal and Everybody Talks.

vCash

I love this video!
    I love it, too.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash

I love this video!

Tyler Glenn, Frontman of Neon Trees, Urges Fans: 'Come Out as You'

Neon Trees is one of those bands that make me go but I definitely know Animal and Everybody Talks.

Ok that commercial was beautifully done. Love is love no matter where it comes from.

OMG, he is gay? those songs were a big deal not so long ago! Good for you Tyler!

and speaking of Tylers...

Why is the Advocate giving that insipid little twat Tyler Oakley a public forum?

In his column he talks about feeling old and wrinkly at 24!

"So I shed it, at least for that moment, and decided 24 was going to be great. I decided to stop sitting in my birthday party hat, full of self-pity because of a couple more wrinkles..."

but wait there's more!

"Now, a year later, it took a bit more work to get myself back into the mood of feeling positive about my age with so many forces working to ensure I should resent turning 25"

Freaking 25 and the guy speaks like he's 80!!!

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2...ing-older-gift

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    That's so stupid. I'm fifty and I don't have ANY wrinkles.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I had a lot of wrinkles when I was born.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    That's so stupid. I'm fifty and I don't have ANY wrinkles.
    Honey, of course not!

vCash
    I have a few wrinkles...

#CryingAsItype

vCash
    Twitter:

Greg Hernandez ‏@greghernandez 4m
    #BreakingNews: Jodie Foster married girlfriend Alexandra Hedison over the weekend: http://goo.gl/fI3snd @thelwordbr

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Japan's first lady shines at Tokyo Pride

Japan's first lady joined the festivities of Tokyo's LGBT pride parade on Sunday.

Akie Abe, wife of conservative Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, stood on a float amid a sea of 3,000 participants marching though the Shibuya district. Abe said she was particularly drawn to participate through her work related to HIV. She joined a commission set up by UNAIDS and the Lancet medical journal last year, according to Agence France Presse.

"I want to help build a society where anyone can conduct happy, enriched lives without facing discrimination," she wrote on her Facebook page before heading off to the parade.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast