vCash

HELP! - Anyone know anything about Artemis dog food?

I'm waiting for some allergy tests on my dog - it seems she cant eat grain [maybe only wheat?] and possibly some other things as well, so I'm looking around for some dog foods that she could eat that are available here [in Japan]. I found 2 that look good - Artemis and Dr Harvey's veg to bowl [it's the grain free pre-mix.]

I'm now using Dr Harvey's Canine Health and I like it and so do my dogs. But one of them seems to have developed allergies so Im going to have to give her something else. Right now Im feeding her mashed potatoes and chicken til she recovers, but in the long term I dont think that's a balanced diet, so Im trying to find something else.

Has anyone used either of these or know anything about them? Im especially interested in hearing about the Artemis because I dont know anything about that brand at all. Has it ever been recalled?

Thanks for your help. Any other suggestions welcomed.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I can't find any recalls for Artemis, I think you're safe there unless she's lactose intolerant. Another possibility (Don't know if it's available in Japan) is Blackwood. Completely grain free.

http://www.blackwoodpetfood.com/
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Just a note on recalls--in the U.S., the FDA only tests independently for salmonella. If you want food with no possibility of a recall, then, you are going to have to go with one of the cheap brands that does not use any fresh, whole ingredients as that is what causes a salmonella risk. You can't get grain free foods in that class.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Sorry, no inside info here ...

vCash