Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

2013 Broadmoor Open, June 26-29 (+ webcast info)

Webcast info (discounted fee if you order by Wed., June 26): http://www.wheatdesigns.com/web_info.html

Event schedule by day, Mountain time (competition starts on Wed.): http://www.broadmoorskatingclub.com/BOpen1.html

The Senior, Junior, and Novice singles skaters listed below are scheduled to compete, but please be aware that withdrawals from early season competitions are not uncommon. The skater’s region, or country, is included in parentheses if they are outside the Southwestern (SW) region; the rest (unmarked) are SW region skaters.

Senior Ladies (Combined Event unless marked *)
    Mariah Bell J2 at 2013 Nationals, Morgan Bell S18, Ashley Cain S12, Chelsea Christopher (EGL), Kaitrin Colby (UGL), Polina Edmunds (CP) J1, Georgia Glastris (GRE), Julia Liao, Rachel Musselwhite (UGL), Sarah Seibold, Ira Vannut (BEL), Amber Walczyk (EGL)
    *SP only: Alexe Gilles (CAN), Ami Parekh (IND), Risa Shoji (JPN), and possibly Angela Wang (CP) S9

Senior Men
    Combined Event: Jason Brown (UGL) S8/JW2, Lukas Kaugars J11, Brandon Mroz S9, Sebastien Payannet, Jamie Wright (GBR)-inj.
    *SP only & Jumps: Alex Johnson S7, Paul Bonifacio Parkinson (ITA), Rohene Ward (region?)-a maybe?
    *Jumps: Joshua Farris S4, Brian Krentz (UGL) J8, Spencer Simon (UGL), Nicholas Vrdoljak (UGL) N3

Hearsay info: Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim plan to debut their Senior Pairs SP here (Friday night).

Junior Ladies (Combined Event unless marked *)
    Melin Craze, Isabella Dow (UGL), Morgan Flood N4, Anjing Fu, Amber Glenn J5, Zoe Gong (CAN N1), Ariana Grymski (UGL), Avery Kurtz *SP only, Linde LaChance (EGL), Barbie Long (UGL) J3, Lydia Menscher, Yu Miao, Katey Nyquist, Corinne Oliphant (EGL), Ashley Shin N11, Mackenzie Sill (CP), Elena Taylor, Bradie Tennell (UGL) N3, Clare Untalan, Nancy Xu (CP), Selena Zhao (NWP)

Junior Men (Combined Event)
    Chase Belmontes, Trevor Bergqvist (NA), Brian Krentz (UGL) J8, Jordan Moeller (UGL) J5, Andrew Nagode (SA), Danny Neudecker, Patrick Rupp (SA), Spencer Simon (UGL), Nicholas Vrdoljak (UGL) N3

Novice Ladies (Combined Event)
    Olivia Allan (UGL) Int4, Claire Burner (UGL), Katerina Carney (SA), Dasha Chalenko, Ayaha Chen, Rachel Crawford (CP), Katie Curran, Kaitlyn Doan, Lauren Ellison, Kiere Gilbertson, Terri Hannig, Michelle Hedges (UGL), Anikka Hernandez, Isabeau Hills (NWP), Anastasia Kortjohn Int2, Jennifer LaChance (EGL), Gabrielle Le (UGL), Vivian Le, Mikaela Manoogian (CP), Paige Mascarenas, Lindsey Mize, Karis Nowell, Caroline Rodriguez, Paige Rydberg (UGL) Int5, Jessica Santiago (CP), Serenity Scarle, Hailee Settle, Karoline Shechter, Riley Shin Int6, Kayla Tanner, Alessandra Vanigli, Amanda Verheydt (CP), Tori Weingarten (EGL), Tawney Wiltsie, Cindy Zihan Yang (CP), Sarah Zhang (CP)

Novice Men (Combined Event)
    Kenneth Anderson (EGL), Sam Anderson, Anthony Boucher, Jason Cohn (EGL), Josiah Curley, Mitchell Friess (CP) Int10, Colton Johnson (UGL), Luke Kirchgessner, Alex Mains (UGL), Ikaika Miyata (NWP), Dmitri Murphy (NWP), Rique Newby-Estrella, Alec Schmitt (NWP), Luke West N6
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-26-2013 at 02:10 AM. Reason: To strike out the names of those reportedly not competing here
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I see Nicholas Vrdolajak's name listed. Is he the person who did a very retro (1980s) program last season? Conceptually it was one of the most mind-tickling programs of the season. Very weird and rather hilarious (to me).

vCash
    Can we only see live on demand coverage from the World Arena? The schedule said that Juvenile Girls started at 7 in the Olympic Rink...

vCash
    From the website,

All events held in the World Arena on Wednesday, June 26th thru Saturday, June 29th, 2013 will be broadcast live.
    These events plus the Free Skate, Artistic and Dance events held in the Olympic Rink will be available for on-demand viewing.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I've posted "unofficial" results (Novice, Intermediate, Juvenile qualifying on Wed.) with more scores to be edited in tomorrow: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...en-june-26-29/

ETA:
    Some Highlight Performances via the webcast on Wednesday:
    Novice qualifying free skates by Paige Rydberg to “I’m A Doun” – she landed a 3S combo, 3T & two 2A (first was 3-jump combo); Michelle Hedges who landed two 2A, turned out of a 3S & showed very nice spins; Vivian Le who, despite falls on 3Lz, 3S & 2A, landed two 3T, and showed very strong skating skills and fast spins to Beethoven’s “Moonlight Sonata.”

Thursday's IJS events in the World Arena rink, starting around 3 pm Eastern time:
    Novice Ladies SP Only A & B
    Novice Men SP Only
    Junior Men SP Only
    Junior Ladies SP Only
    Senior Men SP Only
    Senior Ladies SP Only
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-27-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Title-less
    vCash
    Jordan Moeller didn't have a good skate in the jr men's sp only. Fall on the solo jump and fell way behind music.

Barbie Long coming up in this group of jr ladies (SP only event)
    Long got 60.09 first! (No 3-3 though)
    Amber Glenn (a few little mistakes)
    Last edited by jlai; 06-28-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Barbie Long's SP music is Saint-Saens' Swan (choreographed by Tanith Belbin) - jumps I saw were 3Lz+3T, 3Lo & 2A. ETA: She landed the same jumps and scored around 58 at Skate Dallas back in late April.

Title-less
    vCash
    Thx, Sylvia. She did it at the far end and was a tad slow coming out of the first jump, so I assumed it was a double.

ETA: No senior men sp only (it was cancelled)
    Bummer!
    Last edited by jlai; 06-28-2013 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    Wow! Good for Barbie Long.

Thanks for the reports.

Title-less
    vCash
    Sr ladies sp only:
    I like Ashley Cain and her program but she made a mistake on every jump element. (handdown on lutz, singling the first jump in combo, falling on 2A)

Shoji - may need slo mo on her rotations, esp the 3 flip. She also did a 3t/3t (I think?). I didn't think her Dark Eyes suited her and I confess my mind kept going back to Sasha's short in 06

Not a good jump night for Bell. Fell on 3 loop and problem with 2a

ETA: Ami Parekh was a pleasant surprise. Not bad at all. (She needs to clean up those landings though) Is she the Indian champion?

ETA: Wang. Fell on footwork and proceeded to single the solo flip(?). Interesting that she didn't do a loop

Results: Bell, Wang, Cain and Shoji I think
    Last edited by jlai; 06-28-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Cain's planned combo in her upbeat flamenco SP was 3F+3T - she did 1F+3T. Shoji's combo was 3S+3T. Mariah Bell landed her opening 3Lz+2T and leads after the first group with 50.53. Her music is Spanish with a different version of Malagueña in the second half.

Angela Wang is third to skate in the next group.

vCash
    Thanks for all the updates!

vCash
    Ami Parekh is the Indian champion yes. She competed at 4CC and made it into the FS.

Shoji is a chronic cheater iirc.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Wang's SP music is "A Beautiful Storm" by Jennifer Thomas, choreographed by Tom Dickson. Her skating is looking more elegant and polished to me.

Senior Ladies SP Only - unofficial top 8:
    Mariah Bell 50.53, Angela Wang 50.39, Ashley Cain 47.01, Risa Shoji (JPN) 44.53, K Colby 38.99, A Walczyk 33.52, A Parekh (IND) 32.09, J Liao 31.91

Unofficial results compilation: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...en-june-26-29/

vCash
    I thought Ami competed for India but she was introduced as an Individual Member of the USFSA.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I thought Ami competed for India but she was introduced as an Individual Member of the USFSA.
    Yes, Ami Parekh represents India. Many international skaters based in the U.S. also are members of USFS. There's a new USFS rule this year that specifies foreign skaters must list their federation instead of club when competing in U.S. non-qualifying (club) competitions. Parekh skated to a fun Indian jazz program last night.

Friday's completed events: Novice Pattern Dance exhibition (Isaacson/Dudley, no scores displayed), Intermediate Ladies & Men SP (unofficial scores added to my blog).

Remaining events: Novice Ladies SP, Novice Men SP, Senior Men SP, Junior Ladies SP, Senior Ladies SP, Junior Men SP, Juvenile Pairs FS Exh., Novice Pair SP, Junior Pairs SP, Senior Pairs SP, Senior Ladies Jumps, Senior Men Jumps.

vCash
    Thanks for clarifying Sylvia. I thought that was an unusual way to introduce her. Risa Shoji was introduced as skating for the Japanese Federation.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Broadmoor Open Sr Men SP unofficial 1-4: Jason Brown 74.86, Paul Parkinson ITA 59.94, Lukas Kaugars 59.38, Sebastien Payannet 48.13

Lukas Kaugars led off with 59.38 in his Senior debut, landing 2A, 3Lz+3T, 3F. Tom Dickson choreographed his "La Vie en Rose" SP.

@SarahandDrew's tweet: "Sebastien Payannet - 3t3tfall, 3f fall, 2a. 48.13"

New dark green shirt for Jason Brown's SP to last year's Prince song. 3A 3turn out on 1 ft, 3F+3T, 'tano 3Lz fall.
    @SarahandDrew tweeted:
    @jasonbskates Prince, new costume, love it. 3a to, 3f3t, 3zfall. SUCH a great program. 74.86
    Paul Bonifacio Parkinson (ITA): Beethoven's 5th with a techno coda. 4S step out, 3A fall, 2Lz+2T.
    Parkinson (@paulio456) tweeted: "Stood up on my first qual sal in competition! Every step leads to my goal! #4S" and he mentioned he plans to try 4T in the Jumps competition later tonight.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-28-2013 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    I loved Jason's program. Rohene Ward choreographed it and you can certainly see Rohene in that program!

Title-less
    vCash
    Ashley Cain was good today. Despite the fall on the 3flip-3t, I love that program! ETA:50.73 (the flip looked short and probably the toe too. That hurt her score)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast