Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'll be going to Skate Canada. I'll be around other FSUers too. You won't miss us. Check us out if you have time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Iggie, could you be TS PR-manager?

Along those lines, my question for iggie is, if you were V/M's PR manager, what would you do differently from what they do now (and I know we don't know exactly what they do, so just assuming from what is readily observable to fans/general public)? It would be interesting to hear your view as a pr expert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    oh cool. here's steve jobs talking about "think different" campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcneYcl23MU
    (a pr team would have helped him a bit. he's part of his own pr team in a way which makes it a pleasure. some ceo's need you to choreograph every single thing)

here's a tribute to him when he died: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGoBer6grTw
    another tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLw9_JEAsw

historical video of steve jobs chatting about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zut2NLMVL_k
    insight into his company: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60dheI4ARg

i have a sense of humour ... this video cracks me up. the more you know about windows, apple, pc, bill, steve, and even literary history + who was the best cold war scientist, the funnier it becomes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njos57IJf-0

i personally think the history behind the file extension .jpg is hiliarious! and it completely relates to this.

with a man like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJm0P8xpDzA
    and creates products like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QztwBzcVaw
    and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKPEK9BSIhA
    and treats privacy like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLxjppFqeA
    and this is him talking about him being 12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkTf0LmDqKI

you think a ceo wouldn't even need a pr firm, but apple does. and still, they give their pr to one firm right now -- and basically everyone in silicon valley uses her for pr.

i don't own an apple computer, but everyone i know does. my friends got a job in an apple store and they were crying for happiness. so it makes me

pr when it's done well makes everyone in the industry proud. those campaigns become case studies. when it fails, we laugh and those campaigns become case studies. when you're extraordinary, you get awards. skate canada's pr team ... interesting, but they are award-worthy. http://discovery.iabc.com/phrase.php...e=skate+canada

iabc - international association of business communicators (you can do pr that's purely communications in a business setting ... this is your association).
    I just HAD to make a comment about the link for the Windows vs Apple battle. I'm strictly a Windows person but I have been known to have used an Apple waaaaaaay back in the day. I plan to post that link on my Facebook page cause it tickles my funny haha!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    the shakespeare vs dr. seuss battle kills me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3w2MTXBebg (keep in mind. apparently dr. seuss had throat cancer, so he doesn't rap)
    gandhi vs. martin luther king jr. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6G6CZT7h4k "flatten your style like bread, naan violence" omg! lol.

so funny.

as for what i'd do for t/s's pr -- whatever they want. they obviously are happy enough with what they have. they can afford wonderful lives so skating pays for itself. they work outside of skating in very nice areas, a lovely mix of business and pleasure + it doesn't demand too much of their time. right now, it's their last season (unless they suddenly want to stay in for another 4 years ...) but just let them enjoy it. the website hasn't fallen into complete neglect. the last one actually lost the domain name so this is progress. lol. we'll get one big, amazing fluff either at skate canada or nationals. olympics will have their own fluff thing, interview opportunities. plus, they're at the end of their amazing career so that gives them so many things to chat about. it's going to be interesting. at this point, forget pr, i've followed them since they were in their last junior year ... so it's just going to be fun for me.

anyway, i just know that i say my career here sometimes. pr here. marketing there. now website. communications. I just thought someone would say "ok. misha. what exactly do you do?" i just wanted to say that it's all combined and even the most phenomenal companies with extraordinary ceos still use pr so this industry is everywhere. it's pretty vast.

vCash
    Great to see you and your blog back iggie! And thanks as always for this compilation of information, interesting to read. I don't think I will ever be happy with Tessa and Scott's PR unless they have a complete overhaul. With this being their final season I definitely wouldn't hold my breath; as it seems right now, it's not just that they have bad PR, it's pretty much non-existent.

It's going to take a lot, but I would love to go to Canadian Nationals and I've already been looking up how to go about it. When I checked ticket prices, they surprisingly weren't as bad as I was expecting from LA. The schedule for Nationals is very bizarre though and somebody explained to me the chosen dates are when the venue is available for SC. I would be so thrilled if I could make it.

Hope everybody had a great Fourth of July weekend! (Those that celebrated)

And welcome to Rotation!
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Shayii, hope you could to go I wish SC will be in Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal - more people could to come and even Trankov said they didnt choose SC because of far location.
    Its so sad thinking about last season... Not only for VM but a lot off other skaters, who competed last 10 years and whom we know from juniors level.
    In DSC thread i found that some people coulod watch practiece. Now i wish so bad to have some rumours abut TS programs.
    Shayii, hope you had great Fourth of July weekend too!
    Last edited by pani; 07-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Thanks Pani I did! Tessa and Scott were the only skaters in the Sochi preview lol.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Thanks Pani I did! Tessa and Scott were the only skaters in the Sochi preview lol.
    I think this is athlets, who already won Olympic medals, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think this is athlets, who already won Olympic medals, no?
    Oh my mistake. I didn't know that. Anyways I'm so tired of all these idiots that are still complaining about the stop at 4CC. Time to move the hell on! And the ISU basically insinuating their was misuse of the rules, when the rules allows for a three minute stop. Who are they saying misused the rules? The Shibs, the French ice dance team? Yea right, I think we all know who they're pointing their fingers at. Maybe if Tessa had collapsed on the ice for a good 30 minutes before getting up, that would have been evidence enough she wasn't "misusing" the rules.

vCash
    Oh my mistake. I didn't know that. Anyways I'm so tired of all these idiots that are still complaining about the stop at 4CC. Time to move the hell on! And the ISU basically insinuating their was misuse of the rules, when the rules allows for a three minute stop. Who are they saying misused the rules? The Shibs, the French ice dance team? Yea right, I think we all know who they're pointing their fingers at. Maybe if Tessa had collapsed on the ice for a good 30 minutes before getting up, that would have been evidence enough she wasn't "misusing" the rules.
    Is it my paranoia or has there been some serious campaigning to undermine V&M. To be this effective (an ISU rule change so fast) it must be someone who's part of the elite community or perhaps from someone from Canton? I have my suspicions. I have never had a problem with skaters stopping if a danger exists - I mean we all know it does affect the final mark whether it's 'official' or not.

vCash
    It's not your paranoia. I feel the exact same way and I usually try to objective about things. It's not even that the rule is in place now that bothers me, it's the wording; basically insinuating teams misused the rules. What does that even mean? The rules stated that skaters could take up to three minutes after an interruption, so they're basically saying some faked it and its only V/M that I've seen people suggest they faked the stop because they were so scared to lose. I just can't believe this. Some guy made a comment about how what Virtue and Moir did was an embarrassment and Megan Duhamel liked the comment. I'm sorry I'm just upset about this and needed to vent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Is it my paranoia or has there been some serious campaigning to undermine V&M. To be this effective (an ISU rule change so fast) it must be someone who's part of the elite community or perhaps from someone from Canton? I have my suspicions. I have never had a problem with skaters stopping if a danger exists - I mean we all know it does affect the final mark whether it's 'official' or not.
    Everything is not about V-M all the time even if you wish this to be ISU do not have sponser for all this break for Olympic games.

vCash
    It's not your paranoia. I feel the exact same way and I usually try to objective about things. It's not even that the rule is in place now that bothers me, it's the wording; basically insinuating teams misused the rules. What does that even mean? The rules stated that skaters could take up to three minutes after an interruption, so they're basically saying some faked it and its only V/M that I've seen people suggest they faked the stop because they were so scared to lose. I just can't believe this. Some guy made a comment about how what Virtue and Moir did was an embarrassment and Megan Duhamel liked the comment. I'm sorry I'm just upset about this and needed to vent.
    Was it her real facebook or a fake one?

vCash
    Tessa puts on a brave face even if she is in terrible pain. I don't understand why the ISU is taking potshots at Tessa and Scott. Even with a five point deduction they would've probably still be second anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Maybe its someone who is related to one of their competitors. Someone who thought V/M didn't leave nothing undone on the ice or put their hearts into the performance at 4cc That or Igor is feeling vindictive again .
    Last edited by parapluies; 07-08-2013 at 03:08 AM.

vCash
    Where is the ISU taking potshots at V/M?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Was it her real facebook or a fake one?
    I don't think it was a fake account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Where is the ISU taking potshots at V/M?
    Ottavio Cinquanta issued a circular letter saying there were skaters that misused and abused the interruption rule so they were going to do something about it, which is fine, but again I have a problem with the wording.

vCash
    I don't think it was a fake account.

Ottavio Cinquanta issued a circular letter saying there were skaters that misused and abused the interruption rule so they were going to do something about it, which is fine, but again I have a problem with the wording.
    Yes the wording is very questionable as someone pointed out at fanforum
    its recent meeting in Vienna, the Council was informed by the Chairs of the Technical Committees Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance that the Technical Panels and Referees during the past season 2012/13 had to deal repeatedly with the obvious misuse of the interruption of the skating program by skaters.

These provisions do not include any obvious impact on the score which lead to abusive use of these provisions by Competitors.

The recent practice by certain skaters of interrupting their program has created unusual, rare and not typical circumstances requiring and warranting an immediate action of the Council in lieu of the Congress in order to safeguard a smooth performance of the ISU sports at the ISU sanctioned Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance competitions as well as the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games.
    Now tell my ISU, what is obvious???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Yes the wording is very questionable as someone pointed out at fanforum
    Now tell my ISU, what is obvious???
    you forgor to see word "repeatedly" you only see what you want to see.

If your soul is dark there is no cure

vCash
    a) To me, I don't see any skater misuse. This is less about V/M and more about the ISU realizing that they had a stupidly written rule and attempting to blame the skaters for it. V/M were the most high profile demonstration of this rule's flaw (compounded by the fact that V/M were allowed to do that lift - I think V/M were surprised to be able to redo the lift in the first place) and as such it's easy to see this as being against them (just like the rule limiting the number of triples was 'against' Elaine Zayak as she was the most high profile beneficiary of that rule's absence). I'm more curious if this affects scoring of V/M, but I doubt it will (the narrative wouldn't survive then). I hope SC gets it's ass in gear and starts supporting V/M more, though.

b) I'm glad that the rule was clarified and changed.

c) The wording, again, is more about a bureaucracy protecting itself and declaiming against blame.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast