Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    There isn't a rule, and other teams have been discussed here in the past, but personally I hope not to read about D&W's new programs in this thread. I don't think the D&W thread had much, if any, discussion when V&M debuted their SD. There are plenty of other threads to discuss D&W and new programs/music generally, and talking about in here is unnecessary and irrelevant, IMO.
    Agree!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Just watched D/W FD. Is it my imagination, or is their hand-stand lift a variation of the one done by Tess and Scott in "Carmen"?
    Looks like a blatant copy to me. Surprised at Marina doing this actually.

Btw, I just watched the worlds coverage from CBC. Was Tessa injured does anyone know? It looked to me like her right ankle was taped.

vCash

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post

Btw, I just watched the worlds coverage from CBC. Was Tessa injured does anyone know? It looked to me like her right ankle was taped.
    I remember reading a rumor somewhere that someone who was doing work on Tessa's house before Worlds had told someone that she was icing her ankle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I remember reading a rumor somewhere that someone who was doing work on Tessa's house before Worlds had told someone that she was icing her ankle.
    Oh, I haven't read that rumor. I remember she gave customized M&Ms though to the people who did the renovation. She's so sweet.

vCash
    Yeah, that lift is almost identical. Meryl makes it slightly more difficult with using just one hand but it is basically the same. Not sure this was a wise move on Marina's part. It might reflect badly on D and W and it isn't their fault.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Just watched D/W FD. Is it my imagination, or is their hand-stand lift a variation of the one done by Tess and Scott in "Carmen"?
    Surprised? Not really, since they both have same coach/cherographer. I recall one Russian ice dancers two seasons ago who used the same music as theirs and T/S's chero lift in Valse Triste. Did I feel it as much as I did when T/S did them? Not so much

Honestly, what Tessa and Scott bring to the cherography of their programs season after season is what distinguish them from other ice dancers. Somehow, they can make their programs come alive...rather than just dancing to the music while doing the tech elements. Believe it! Lifts, movements can be followed by others but what they can do with it that makes a difference.

P.s. I could only access the photo of the lift girlscouse62was talking about so I can't give an opinion on what the whole FD looks like even with this lift.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash

Virtue and Moir №29 - Classical and elegant

Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Yeah, that lift is almost identical. Meryl makes it slightly more difficult with using just one hand but it is basically the same. Not sure this was a wise move on Marina's part. It might reflect badly on D and W and it isn't their fault.
    V/M's version is actually more difficult do to Tessa's position relative to Scott's. Charlie also has to assume a wider stance to increase the stability.

vCash
    Not sure I agree with your assessment. Tessa was more to the side in their lift so I would think that would be more challenging to balance. Having Meryl more centered with Charlie probably allows for the free hand. I would also think D&W agreed to this lift and Marina didn't force it on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Not sure I agree with your assessment. Tessa was more to the side in their lift so I would think that would be more challenging to balance. Having Meryl more centered with Charlie probably allows for the free hand. I would also think D&W agreed to this lift and Marina didn't force it on them.
    Of course they would have to agree. I think they both made a mistake here. That lift in Carmen was a stand out both because of the lift itself and how it beautifully was timed within the music and choreography. As for what is more difficult, I am no expert so I defer to those who may be better educated to make this assessment but I figured one hand was more difficult. I would have to see them side by side to notice the other subtle differences you are talking about. Scott's position was more difficult, I agree as he was lower in his haunches.

vCash
    Did we agree on a title for the new thread and who's starting it? Wasn't it Seasons or something like that?

vCash
    Someone also mentioned labour of love and that Seasons was being saved for later? Labour of love might be fitting for the debut of their FD?

vCash
    Someone also mentioned labour of love and that Seasons was being saved for later? Labour of love might be fitting for the debut of their FD?
    Oh yeah, "Labour of love", I remember now. It is a beautiful title. I think the person who came up with it should start the new one

vCash
    Meryl is locked into Charlie. He is going most of the work and this is highlighted by the fact that he is in an offset wobbly position while carrying her. All she has to do is keep her body straight and make sure she holds on tight. She does not set herself into the lift so that her partner can concentrate on hitting his position.

vCash

I wouldn't call it a blantant copy. But it is very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaud View Post
    Meryl is locked into Charlie. He is going most of the work and this is highlighted by the fact that he is in an offset wobbly position while carrying her. All she has to do is keep her body straight and make sure she holds on tight. She does not set herself into the lift so that her partner can concentrate on hitting his position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Oh yeah, "Labour of love", I remember now. It is a beautiful title. I think the person who came up with it should start the new one
    It was my idea, but I don't know how to start a new thread so I guess someone else should start it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaud View Post
    uber confusions V-M do dificcult lift D-W does easy lift but D-W copy V-M dificult liftes and make it look easy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    uber confusions V-M do dificcult lift D-W does easy lift but D-W copy V-M dificult liftes and make it look easy?
    I think your inability to comprehend what you read is causing you confusion

vCash
    I think your inability to comprehend what you read is causing you confusion
    but I am not confuse about this at all

vCash
    New thread is up! (I did some minimal research and figured it out, haha.)

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast