Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    “I feel it is a really Russian classical program, even though I made it in North America for North American skaters,” she said. “But it is my thanks to Russia. I do have to do something for my country in which I was born. I really truly believe it is Tessa and Scott who are the best to perform that.”

THIS! YES!! I came here just to tell everyone how flippin excited I am about this! It seriously makes my life! (So that's a little dramatik, but I really am that excited!) Russian ballet is the best. Tessa and Scott are the best. = best free dance everrr!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Is it a rerun?
    I thought so. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Great article. I really can't wait till Finlandia. Also thanks for solving the mystery of whether it was Scott or Patrick lol.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Also thanks for solving the mystery of whether it was Scott or Patrick lol.
    Scott didnt want to be a movie star

vCash
    My prediction is that they are going to use this part of Scriabin for the ending http://youtu.be/qoNm88uwi78?t=10m3s I can easily picture them doing a SS to this part. I wonder which Valse they are going to use? Their are two right?? (spring and summer?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    First line of the article: "With their risky, torrid, highly dramatic “Carmen” relegated to the shelf, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir have turned to classy elegance for their Olympic programs."

Methinks Beverly Smith has been reading this thread!

I always thought V/M were respected in Russia because they are seen as being worthy inheritors of the Russian ice dancing dynasty. I'm excited to see the reaction of the Russian fans to their FD.

vCash
    just had to post something funny. v/m had a 3-sec feature in a korean rom-com tv show. they were doing their goose lift and that was used as a metaphor to how a couple in that show were so in sync with each other as they were doing dishes together

vCash
    Thanks parapluies for posting the article!

At this time I dropped a veil of sadness...

This year, Virtue and Moir’s free dance is “one total creation” and a story Zoueva created with the skaters.
    This is something I appreciate in them ... not all programs that they had made, had a plot already exists.. indeed.. very few... only Umbrellas, Funny Face and Carmen ... In the other (between SD and FD) they have created from scratch the various storyline.. And this is beautiful to me! Because you see how much they are capable, how much they are versatile and how much inventive they have!

Therefore she added a piano concerto from another Russian composer Alexander Scriabin (“Piano Concerto in F-sharp minor”) to add an exclamation mark to the end of the routine. [...] She picked the Scriabin music because it had a proud flavour, perfect for a finale. [...] Moir calls it their “storm part.” [...] It’s music that is very strong and triumphant.”
    I agree.. it's great!

"It’s a neat program for us personally, because the last section is meant to be skated in Sochi. It’s the parade to our finale.”
    At the end I would say that is normal.. In Sochi will be the final version with all the changes... a bit like Mahler (and other their programs) was already beautiful during the various competitions, but in Vancouver has reached the TOP in more ... However at least we will see the FD at the Finlandia Trophy and this is already something

“For Tessa and I, it’s kind of our story,” Moir said. “It’s the story of partnership and all the ups and downs we’ve been through, both on and off the ice. It’s a neat program for us personally, because the last section is meant to be skated in Sochi. It’s the parade to our finale.”
    [...]
    “Everything that we’ve experienced in our journey in the 17 years, are what we’re drawing on in this program, but they are still universals, and hopefully the audience will connect with that. It’s seasons. It’s ups and downs.”
    Now I'm sure that I'll cry like a fountain when I'll see skating this FD in Sochi
    It's really the summary of all.... help...

I believe that also they in Sochi will be more involved with the feelings ... this is their last season, an FD that tells their story etc ... I think we paid a considerable emotional discharge...

Moir said the routine is very demanding, particularly the last minute. Before the finale music starts, they go into back-to-back rotational lifts, which add excitement and a wow factor that Moir hopes will set them apart.
    “We go into that last minute pretty exhausted,” Virtue said. “But we like being ambitious and challenging ourselves.”
    This back-to-back lift intrigues me more than a little! What they will be invented??
    Well done, so do you! It will be a FD stratospheric!

Virtue and Moir discussed using their famed “Goose” lift, but binned the idea. “We don’t want to look like vintage Virtue and Moir,” he said. “We love the Goose and it’s a fan favourite, but we don’t want to turn on the TV and watch what we did four years ago, and turn it on again in 2014, and have people ask: ‘What have they done in the last four years?’” Besides, Virtue and Moir insist that lifts must add to the program and be part of it, rather than looking as if they are included for the sole purpose of gaining points.
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 09-12-2013 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    just had to post something funny. v/m had a 3-sec feature in a korean rom-com tv show. they were doing their goose lift and that was used as a metaphor to how a couple in that show were so in sync with each other as they were doing dishes together
    Thats awesome! I love how Korea loves them!Do you know the name of the show?

vCash
    Tessa and Scott can sell me anything but their new FD sounds like something really extra special. I am getting goose bumps already.

vCash
    Interesting tidbit - BAKLANOVA/BAGIN of Russia are using "The waltz goes on" for their free dance. Its no surprise they are coached by Zhulin. I wonder how many people will use the seasons next year?

vCash
    Don't know if you guys have posted this article from Investors Group on Tessa and Scott (Spring-Summer 2012) - pages 29-31
    http://www.bryanborzykowski.com/reviewspring.pdf

Can't...wait...for...the...FD!!!!

vCash
    So there's a new Ice network article on d/w's free dance. I had to share this quote with you all because I couldn't help myself...

"The biggest thing for Charlie was to really be clear in the emotional delivery," Ray said. "He has to be a tough guy and put on a good poker face. If he even gave Meryl's character the privilege of eye contact, it should be noticeable. He is this murderous king whose heart is only now being touched by this woman."

Err, soo, basically the goal is for Charlie's "character" to avoid Meryl's "character" altogether? No eye contact or anything? Just wanting to make sure I'm fully prepared to appreciate it when they perform it tomorrow...

I don't care what anyone says, that Marina really is a genius at picking programs that suit her teams. Only fuels my excitement for v/m's free!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianFSFan View Post
    Don't know if you guys have posted this article from Investors Group on Tessa and Scott (Spring-Summer 2012) - pages 29-31
    http://www.bryanborzykowski.com/reviewspring.pdf

Can't...wait...for...the...FD!!!!
    Thanks! Always good to see big Tessa-Scott photos Count days untill FT. Fingers crossed/
    So many emotions - i want to see this FD so bad, but this will be there last FD, so i wish this moment will be longer. Mixed feeling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    So there's a new Ice network article on d/w's free dance. I had to share this quote with you all because I couldn't help myself...

"The biggest thing for Charlie was to really be clear in the emotional delivery," Ray said. "He has to be a tough guy and put on a good poker face. If he even gave Meryl's character the privilege of eye contact, it should be noticeable. He is this murderous king whose heart is only now being touched by this woman."

Err, soo, basically the goal is for Charlie's "character" to avoid Meryl's "character" altogether? No eye contact or anything? Just wanting to make sure I'm fully prepared to appreciate it when they perform it tomorrow...

I don't care what anyone says, that Marina really is a genius at picking programs that suit her teams. Only fuels my excitement for v/m's free!
    What happened to their new found connection they were working on last season??

vCash
    Anyway, back to talking about VIRTUE AND MOIR. I'm very excited indeed about the new FD after reading that recent article. I assume the last rotational lift is a choreographic lift, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Anyway, back to talking about VIRTUE AND MOIR. I'm very excited indeed about the new FD after reading that recent article. I assume the last rotational lift is a choreographic lift, right?
    Agree. Not possible to answer the lift question at this point. Just a few more weeks to wait!!!

vCash
    Oh goodness guys! Don't get your panties in a wad. Marina has said in all of her interviews that she thinks she has picked the perfect programs for both teams. I was merely pointing out that given that d/w info it is indeed possible she was correct. That is talking about virtue and moir given that we have nothing to do BUT speculate on their FD for now.

I'm still fairly new here, but if we aren't allowed to discuss v/m in the context of other teams, someone please be so kind as to let me know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Maybe one combination lift? But maybe yes, choreo lift.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Oh goodness guys! Don't get your panties in a wad. Marina has said in all of her interviews that she thinks she has picked the perfect programs for both teams. I was merely pointing out that given that d/w info it is indeed possible she was correct. That is talking about virtue and moir given that we have nothing to do BUT speculate on their FD for now.

I'm still fairly new here, but if we aren't allowed to discuss v/m in the context of other teams, someone please be so kind as to let me know.
    There isn't a rule, and other teams have been discussed here in the past, but personally I hope not to read about D&W's new programs in this thread. I don't think the D&W thread had much, if any, discussion when V&M debuted their SD. There are plenty of other threads to discuss D&W and new programs/music generally, and talking about in here is unnecessary and irrelevant, IMO.

vCash
    Just watched D/W FD. Is it my imagination, or is their hand-stand lift a variation of the one done by Tess and Scott in "Carmen"?

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast