Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1001
  1. #921
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    After your posts about music I am wonder,how final music cut will look like.
    Oh yeah, me too. I've listened to the concerto MANY times and really - they could skate everything. I seriously don't have ANY clue. I remember that in one article there was said that the final will be 'brave' (I don't really remember the correct adjective, but that was something around this word), so that takes out few variations from second movement. But if these are out... I don't even know if they are gonna end with minor or major because even if piece is called 'Piano Concerto in F# Minor' there is a lot of majory stuff too.
    Sigh.
    Finlandia, WHY U SO FAR?

  2. #922

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,723
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    We only know they will use waltz and first part will be Glazunov and in final Scriabin.
    But there are so many parts in this music.

  3. #923

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5645
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Finlandia, WHY U SO FAR?
    THIS!!!!!

  4. #924

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,723
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    THIS!!!!!
    They will show.FD last from all top ice dancers. With CL.
    I have impression we will see a lot.off great FDs this season..
    All try to choose something suite there style well.

  5. #925

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,891
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hey, has anybody seen anything about Tessa and Scott being at the Toronto Film Festival? I saw a tweet, but it said Tessa Virtue and Patrick Chan; based on the whole tweet though I think the guy made a mistake and meant to put Scott Moir...poor Scott lol. It's times like these I wish they were more active on social media.

    I keep going back to Eric Radford's tweet; that's all I have to sustain me till Finlandia.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  6. #926

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,723
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Hey, has anybody seen anything about Tessa and Scott being at the Toronto Film Festival? I saw a tweet, but it said Tessa Virtue and Patrick Chan; based on the whole tweet though I think the guy made a mistake and meant to put Scott Moir...poor Scott lol. It's times like these I wish they were more active on social media.

    I keep going back to Eric Radford's tweet; that's all I have to sustain me till Finlandia.
    I asked this guy was this Virtue Moir or Patrick.
    I didn't read nothing about.VM will be at Toronto Film Festival.
    Or yes, we need to wait month until FT. But we will be busy with competition next week

  7. #927

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,891
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I asked this guy was this Virtue Moir or Patrick.
    I didn't read nothing about.VM will be at Toronto Film Festival.
    Or yes, we need to wait month until FT. But we will be busy with competition next week
    But they've gone for a few years so I wouldn't be surprised if they were there this year too.

    This year kinda went by fast, so October should be here shortly.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  8. #928

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,723
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    And with this new movie... Yes, they could be. Funny thing is Patrick GF name Tessa

  9. #929
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    130
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I asked this guy was this Virtue Moir or Patrick.
    I didn't read nothing about.VM will be at Toronto Film Festival.
    Or yes, we need to wait month until FT. But we will be busy with competition next week
    I apologize for my ignorance, but what competition is coming next week?
    The Junior Competitions?

    I feel I need to join in all conversations around here to try be less anxious

  10. #930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    I apologize for my ignorance, but what competition is coming next week?
    The Junior Competitions?
    http://www.usfigureskatingclassic.com/ - SLC next week

    http://www.usfigureskatingclassic.co...ic-Entries.pdf

  11. #931
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    130
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you, I had completely forgotten...

    We'll have many new things there. Certainly!

  12. #932
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    587
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    We are coming up to 1000 soon. Did a decision get made for the new title, If not, how about we follow Classical and Elegant with "Amazing Grace"? I think they are truly gracious considering all of the trash that is thrown their way. Love, love, love all the talent and information shared by the posters in this thread! Congratulations all, you all

  13. #933
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What about ""Nobody cancels the beauty in figure skating" (T.Tarasova) ? (Tessa and Scott are beautiful as people and as dancers (REAL dancers). Tessa is And what is unparalleled delight to watch Scott on the ice: what a man and partner-dancer. Let's hope this season their amazing talent, beauty and extraordinary skating skills and dancing abilities will be appreciated by judges)

    New season is coming ! Go Tessa and Go Scott "Roar" Moir! (I still can't watch Carmen from WC without regrets. Such wonderful, exclusive program, difficult and modern and dancey wasn't received as it should be. But it was unforgettable performance)

  14. #934

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1550
    just saw Tessa walking down the street at the Toronto film fest. she's gorgeous, was wearing sky-high heels. nothing else to report

  15. #935

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,891
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    just saw Tessa walking down the street at the Toronto film fest. she's gorgeous, was wearing sky-high heels. nothing else to report
    Sorry, but was she with Patrick Chan or Scott Moir? Lol just kidding, thank you for the report.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  16. #936
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    427
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    We are coming up to 1000 soon. Did a decision get made for the new title
    How about "Seasons of growth" or "seasons of change" (since it plays off the fd music) or "labour of love" (quote from T about making the fd; also could refer to their skating career)?

  17. #937

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5645
    I just disobeyed my own rule!

    I wanted to watch the short dance again but I made the mistake of reading the comments below the Youtube video. I don't understand how what I see in that dance can be so different from what others see. In general I just don't get what it is about this team that brings out the reaction they do - so negative so much of the time. But most of all I just don't get the comments about them being boring, lacking spark - or even worse - about them having a lack of chemistry! I know the first outing of the Short Dance was not perfect and that they are not perfect but...

    I am the first person to remind everyone else to ignore those kinds of comments. An ultimately it doesn't prevent me from enjoying them - it just leaves me scratching my head! I. JUST. DON'T. GET. IT.

  18. #938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    408
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    How about "Seasons of growth" or "seasons of change" (since it plays off the fd music) or "labour of love" (quote from T about making the fd; also could refer to their skating career)?
    I like it!

  19. #939

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,891
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I just disobeyed my own rule!

    I wanted to watch the short dance again but I made the mistake of reading the comments below the Youtube video. I don't understand how what I see in that dance can be so different from what others see. In general I just don't get what it is about this team that brings out the reaction they do - so negative so much of the time. But most of all I just don't get the comments about them being boring, lacking spark - or even worse - about them having a lack of chemistry! I know the first outing of the Short Dance was not perfect and that they are not perfect but...

    I am the first person to remind everyone else to ignore those kinds of comments. An ultimately it doesn't prevent me from enjoying them - it just leaves me scratching my head! I. JUST. DON'T. GET. IT.
    I don't get it either. I hadn't been able to watch the SD from Worlds until recently again and even then I couldn't finish. Worlds 2013 is something I never want to remember if I'm being quite honest. I do think Tessa and Scott are perfect when it comes to their skating, but it seems it's rare that there's anybody that comes to their defense. I was hoping they'll have an easier time this upcoming season, but I'm just not so sure. Also, whoever says they don't have chemistry is just out of their mind.

    I like a lot of the thread titles people have come up with especially "labor of love" inspired from the article. I also like the idea of just "seasons."

    ETA: I just remembered proustable is saving the season title ("17 Seasons to Sochi") for later on.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  20. #940

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,723
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    I like m_chening idea. And I like "labour of love" title too. We could.use it later in the season. Maybe after.FT.
    Fan, thanks for information. Good for.Tessa have fun and relax.at TFF and wear high sky heels.

    Accordion, you could close comments under video on YouTube. The same people talking the same.things.since 2007. It's there opinion, so let's talk, guys.

    And I wait.confirmation from SC about VM will compete in Finlandia.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •