Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Hi everyone,

Whole week I and Iggie have been working with my thoughts on VM free dance music choices. It was a pleasure to work with her, and I really appreciate how much time she spent on editing all of this. I'm really happy of what we both did, and I really hope you'll like it too!

http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...-concerto.html

She also made a post with my previous thoughts I shared with you guys, you can see it here:

http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...-concerto.html

Feel free to comment and! I'd love to hear your feedback!
    Thank you so much for the explanations and pointing out the details from the music. I am listen to it differently now!

Also, thank you Pani for the picture with Generaux. I am very interested to know what they have worked on, but also very happy that they chose last week with no one else watching. Hopefully, Jennifer Swan was in the rink as well, I am just a huge fan of her. For the ones asking who was supervising, well Johnny Jones still seems to be there (maybe even Maurizio Margaglio) so they could take care of the technical side.

Lastly, a big, warm welcome to asianfsfan! Have fun here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    Thank you so much for the explanations and pointing out the details from the music. I am listen to it differently now!

Also, thank you Pani for the picture with Generaux. I am very interested to know what they have worked on, but also very happy that they chose last week with no one else watching. Hopefully, Jennifer Swan was in the rink as well, I am just a huge fan of her. For the ones asking who was supervising, well Johnny Jones still seems to be there (maybe even Maurizio Margaglio) so they could take care of the technical side.

Lastly, a big, warm welcome to asianfsfan! Have fun here!
    I think Maurizio Margaglio in Finland now.

vCash
    Lety also wrote something for the blog. She decided to explain the three main periods of classical music, which put Romanticism in context, and then she explained Romanticism in detail, including the Late Romantic period -- our two composers are from that particular time. Plus, she also writes about what it's like to play that music.

Explaining Romantic music: Introduction
    http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...tic-music.html

Three main periods in classical music
    http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...cal-music.html

The period of Romanticism
    http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...manticism.html
    Last edited by iggie; 08-26-2013 at 10:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Lety also wrote something for the blog. She decided to explain the three main periods of classical music, which put Romanticism in context, and then she explained Romanticism in detail, including the Late Romantic period -- our two composers are from that particular time. Plus, she also writes about what it's like to play that music.

Explaining Romantic music: Introduction
    http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...tic-music.html

Three main periods in classical music
    http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...cal-music.html

The period of Romanticism
    http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...manticism.html
    WOW Thanks!

vCash
    I have hardly had any time to read the board or blog ....it looks like there is loads of interesting reading. Thanks to Iggie, Catherine, Lety et al for all the work which I am sure I will enjoy.

vCash
    I, too, want to give a big, no, massive thank you to both iggie and CatherineC. I haven't had time to read it all, but what I have read is amazing. Kate, you have brought such knowledge and understanding to this thread, I really appreciate the time you have taken to do this. The feeling is so much better when you understand the music. It changes everything. I truly admire your dedication to your craft, I wish I had had that much drive and passion for my classes when I was your age. Thank you.

vCash
    Thank you, Lety! It was amazing! You explained all of these periods with such an ease! In my music history notebook, there's pretty much the same information, but it feels so much more boring than the piece you wrote. I wish I had a music history teacher like you

High five, girl, we did a great job! *drinks magical wizard musicians drink*

Ok, I'll shut up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I, too, want to give a big, no, massive thank you to both iggie and CatherineC. I haven't had time to read it all, but what I have read is amazing. Kate, you have brought such knowledge and understanding to this thread, I really appreciate the time you have taken to do this. The feeling is so much better when you understand the music. It changes everything. I truly admire your dedication to your craft, I wish I had had that much drive and passion for my classes when I was your age. Thank you.
    A massive thank you for your warm words! Well, about, that I have drive and passion... ehh, not always, especially after the long school days, but I try to not to give up, because it's been too long and I've learned too much to just quit it all.

vCash
    I am very excited as I just booked my flight and tickets for Skate Canada!
    Just two months left for this event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I am very excited as I just booked my flight and tickets for Skate Canada!
    Just two months left for this event.
    Yeee! Maybe you could have meeting with other VM fans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yeee! Maybe you could have meeting with other VM fans?
    Would love to but I dont know who will be coming to St.John.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Would love to but I dont know who will be coming to St.John.
    O, yes, its long distance to go.

vCash
    Tatiana Tarasova about Tessa and Scott
    (Elena Vaitsekhovskaya's interview)

http://www.sport-express.ru/velena/reviews/34881/

– А что вы думаете о танцах?

– Думаю, что в этом сезоне очень сильно активизируются канадцы Тесса Вирту и Скотт Моир.

– Потому что они проиграли чемпионат мира?

– Не считаю, кстати, что они проиграли его справедливо. Мне они в произвольном танце показались лучше, чем Мэрил Дэвис и Чарли Уайт. Другой вопрос, что оценить "Кармен" канадцев по достоинству судьи оказались не готовы. На мой взгляд, это был выдающийся танец.

– And what do you think about ice-dancing?

– I think Canadians-Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir- are going to be very active this season .

– Because they lost the world championship?

– I don't think, by the way, that they lost it fairly. They seemed to me better than Meryl Davis and Charlie White in FD. Other question that judges weren't ready to appreciate "Carmen" of Canadians. In my opinion it was outstanding dance.
    Last edited by m_chenning; 08-27-2013 at 12:13 AM.

vCash

– I don't think, by the way, that they lost it fairly. They seemed to me better than Meryl Davis and Charlie White in FD. Other question that judges weren't ready to appreciate "Carmen" of Canadians. In my opinion it was outstanding dance.

Oh my...if this is an accurate translation than she is saying what this uneducated fan thought.

vCash
    Thank you for exposing this Iggie. It was a great pleasure to work on it with you, the end result is great!

Catherine, I really have no words to express my thanks, I am very happy to have someone like you here! Iggie was very important to do this to be so good, she really helped me a lot with that.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this.

vCash
    Looks like we have some talented people in this thread. I very much enjoyed your piece on iggie's blog as well, lety.

Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    Tatiana Tarasova about Tessa and Scott
    (Elena Vaitsekhovskaya's interview)

http://www.sport-express.ru/velena/reviews/34881/

– А что вы думаете о танцах?

– Думаю, что в этом сезоне очень сильно активизируются канадцы Тесса Вирту и Скотт Моир.

– Потому что они проиграли чемпионат мира?

– Не считаю, кстати, что они проиграли его справедливо. Мне они в произвольном танце показались лучше, чем Мэрил Дэвис и Чарли Уайт. Другой вопрос, что оценить "Кармен" канадцев по достоинству судьи оказались не готовы. На мой взгляд, это был выдающийся танец.

– And what do you think about ice-dancing?

– I think Canadians-Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir- are going to be very active this season .

Thanks for posting this. When she says active, what does she mean precisely? Anyways I wish more people actually spoke up when it count.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    These are pretty bold statements to make. At least we have the Russians on our side as I believe Zhulin said something similar. I agree that the judges didn't appreciate Carmen for what it was. And I definitely think it was a better program then M and C. But I do think that maybe M and C should have squeaked through with the win based on their SD. It was excellent. But the gap was too big IMO. And even though I thought T and S were a bit reserved in the Carmen program because they were very focused, it lost a bit of the freedom of the past run throughs, it still was the best FD of the night. And they should have won the FD. However, a lot of people felt the same way about last season only in reverse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Looks like we have some talented people in this thread. I very much enjoyed your piece on iggie's blog as well, lety.

Thanks for posting this. When she says active, what does she mean precisely? Anyways I wish more people actually spoke up when it count.
    I think the "active' may be a bit of a mis-translation. She may have meant dominate or aggressive or challenging D and W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    These are pretty bold statements to make. At least we have the Russians on our side as I believe Zhulin said something similar. I agree that the judges didn't appreciate Carmen for what it was. And I definitely think it was a better program then M and C. But I do think that maybe M and C should have squeaked through with the win based on their SD. It was excellent. But the gap was too big IMO. And even though I thought T and S were a bit reserved in the Carmen program because they were very focused, it lost a bit of the freedom of the past run throughs, it still was the best FD of the night. And they should have won the FD. However, a lot of people felt the same way about last season only in reverse.
    Yes a lot of people did think V/M had no right winning Worlds 2012 and the backlash was pretty big that I even said that Tessa and Scott had no chance last season…and they didn't. They were buried after the SD, it didn't matter what they would have done in FD, that FD performance became more of a sentiment--something they just wanted to get through. Nobody wanted to come to Carmen's defense and even this Tarasova quote doesn't really mean anything coming five months after worlds; if I remember correctly after Worlds 2012 she thought the injustice of V/M winning was so great, she said she was going to write a letter to the ISU. Well looks like the ISU got that letter and a lot more because it was obvious there was no way Tessa and Scott were going to win even if the mistake hadn't happened in the SD. Now that I think of it, it seems like nobody ever comes to Tessa and Scott's defense. Not even their own federation.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yes a lot of people did think V/M had no right winning Worlds 2012 and the backlash was pretty big that I even said that Tessa and Scott had no chance last season…and they didn't. They were buried after the SD, it didn't matter what they would have done in FD, that FD performance became more of a sentiment--something they just wanted to get through. Nobody wanted to come to Carmen's defense and even this Tarasova quote doesn't really mean anything coming five months after worlds; if I remember correctly after Worlds 2012 she thought the injustice of V/M winning was so great, she said she was going to write a letter to the ISU. Well looks like the ISU got that letter and a lot more because it was obvious there was no way Tessa and Scott were going to win even if the mistake hadn't happened in the SD. Now that I think of it, it seems like nobody ever comes to Tessa and Scott's defense. Not even their own federation.
    These people really don't understand how CoP works. FF won because it was technically superior to DF whereass DF looks like it was put together at the last minute.

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast