Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This was the first time I watch them in real time and it was amazing!! I don't really know how to put into words what I mean, but I'm sure you guys know exactly how I feel. I didn't know what I was missing by not watching in livestream...

It's always wonderful to see them dance, my eyes (or whatever it is, I can't express it better) dance along with them, it's surreal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    This was the first time I watch them in real time and it was amazing!! I don't really know how to put into words what I mean, but I'm sure you guys know exactly how I feel. I didn't know what I was missing by not watching in livestream...

It's always wonderful to see them dance, my eyes (or whatever it is, I can't express it better) dance along with them, it's surreal!
    Lety I always feel that they draw me into the dance so I become part of it. It's like we are invited into their world. I wish you will have the pleasure of seeing them live one day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-LgTWNzkII

from the ever reliable diodio0013plus

ETA: And GOsh yes, they sure do know how to dance.
    Thanks very much for posting. Something else to talk about rather than all those threads on "What would have happened if [insert skater] had been blah blah blah?".

Anyway they look very good for early in the season and I look forward to seeing how it shapes up leading up to the Olympics.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Lety I always feel that they draw me into the dance so I become part of it. It's like we are invited into their world. I wish you will have the pleasure of seeing them live one day
    I feel exactly as you said, Emdee. This is so comforting...

I would love seeing them live, but it would be sooo hard... My country is far away, it's hard to even keep up with figure skating here... But I hope that one day it might happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Yes, this program truly shows off their stunning, best in the world, skating skills.

Question: Is the Finnstep worth the same number of points as the Yankee Polka? Is 80 the maximum score?
    Yes, the Finnstep and the YP are worth the same.

81 is the maximum score for the SD - that is straight level fours, straight +3s, straight 10s = 81.00

vCash
    Love the first half. After the twizzles there is a bit of work but we know they like that.

vCash
    So, I have watched it for several more times, and now I can say that it's great. Really "traditional" (in the best sense of the word), but also very classy and stylish even. I so love the first part and the step sequence . Finnstep sequences were really fast, and, judging by the assigned levels, also quite precise . Still, some of the hold changes in the second half didn't feel so smooth to me yet - but that's not surprising given how early in the season it is. Overall, the second half is the one that seems to need more polish. Still a truly great performance for this time in the season.

vCash
    I'm amazed at the level they've got that dance at so early in the season. I saw lots of appropriate speed and the unison is amazing. Clearly they know the SD is the key to getting the judges marks on your side and are attacking early. That tells me they're not handing anyone the gold medal without a fight. Impressive first outing.

vCash
    Love the first half. After the twizzles there is a bit of work but we know they like that.
    Totally agree, emdee! That first half just pulled me in and I forgot I was in a rink with mostly empty seats. Now That's Dancing!
    Cameraman and mike guy were really annoying! Does this always happen? Couldn't they keep some distance?

vCash
    Scrufflet, were you there live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Totally agree, emdee! That first half just pulled me in and I forgot I was in a rink with mostly empty seats. Now That's Dancing!
    Cameraman and mike guy were really annoying! Does this always happen? Couldn't they keep some distance?
    I suspect that Cameraman and Mike guy are likely getting footage of Tessa & Scott for the special that will be airing about them later in the skating season. When I watched the link from one site, I didn't get to see any of the "camera-work" but then followed a different link and got to see not only the camera people but the standing ovation of the crowd. I also watched the two young skaters in the "KnC" and was happy to see their enthusiastic applause as Tessa & Scott were announced.

Another thing I noticed was how "motherly" Marina appeared with her two skaters -- making sure they had their water and then collecting everything when it was time to vacate the area. She seemed to have a good amount of dialogue with both Tessa & Scott once they sat down.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    now that v/m have thrown the gauntlet down (at least with the SD), i wonder how camp d/w (team and fans) will respond.

vCash
    Scrufflet, were you there live.
    No, I wasn't there, just watched the video here and felt like I was! Ah, sigh....
    Weren't you going to attend one of these August events? I thought you had mentioned something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I suspect that Cameraman and Mike guy are likely getting footage of Tessa & Scott for the special that will be airing about them later in the skating season. When I watched the link from one site, I didn't get to see any of the "camera-work" but then followed a different link and got to see not only the camera people but the standing ovation of the crowd. I also watched the two young skaters in the "KnC" and was happy to see their enthusiastic applause as Tessa & Scott were announced.

Another thing I noticed was how "motherly" Marina appeared with her two skaters -- making sure they had their water and then collecting everything when it was time to vacate the area. She seemed to have a good amount of dialogue with both Tessa & Scott once they sat down.
    They must have very tough hides. I think I'd smack somebody if they kept sticking a camera up my nose. It's a good thing I never went too far in skating. I'm just glad they can tune it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    No, I wasn't there, just watched the video here and felt like I was! Ah, sigh....
    Weren't you going to attend one of these August events? I thought you had mentioned something.
    I will go to see Patrick at Thornhill.
    Wish VM would come there to debut thir long as they did Mahler.

YEAH!
    vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2BwnVJ4KM

Alternate angles from fancam!

vCash
    The first time I watched it (on the livestream), I was a little worried and apprehensive about it. But now after watching it a few more times, I'm in love with it. As so many have said before, they feel the music right down to their bones, and their presence was just amazing!! Unbelievable really. I too am really pleased with how polished it is so early on and agree that the 2nd part needs work, but that will come for sure It just exudes Tessa and Scott for me... shows off their `true dancing`abilities. Cannot wait for this season and to see the free dance!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2BwnVJ4KM

Alternate angles from fancam!
    Good angle. Really shows their flow and speed and they were flying through that finnstep. The finnstep really suits them. A really good start!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Good angle. Really shows their flow and speed and they were flying through that finnstep. The finnstep really suits them. A really good start!
    ITA, the Finnstep really does suit them and they were flying throughout not just the Finnstep patterns, but through the entire dance. This is a fantastic start to the season for them.

vCash
    I just watched the dance again! And I'm still so happy and completely in love with it. We already knew Tessa would kill it, but can we take a moment please to just appreciate the skater known as Scott Moir. I mean did you guys see what I saw out there this morning; such an elegant, smooth, and just beautiful skater. He looked some how taller to me too.

Thanks for the fancam cherub.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast