Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1001
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    135
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    I can't wait to see them skate again!!!
    Me too. I've been watching their past programs again.

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    99
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi!

    Virtue and Moir are the best!

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    They had a shooting yesdarday. From Danny Fritz´s twitter:

    http://instagram.com/p/byXyGRRNrm/

    "On set yesterday with Tessa and Scott shooting campaign #sochi #canada" (@dfritzy1976)
    Last edited by annase; 07-15-2013 at 03:41 PM.

  4. #184

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by annase View Post
    They had a shooting yesdarday:

    http://instagram.com/p/byXyGRRNrm/

    "On set yesterday with Tessa and Scott shooting campaign #sochi #canada" (@dfritzy1976)
    Oh wow, Tessa really looks like Jordan in that first side pic. Also why is Tessa dressy, but Scott isn't. Anyways thanks for posting.

    ETA: I think Scott is wearing his Carmen shirt lol.
    Last edited by Shayii; 07-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  5. #185

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Looks like Tessa is wearing her Paso dress from 2009 Worlds.

  6. #186
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,682
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5868
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Looks like Tessa is wearing her Paso dress from 2009 Worlds.
    Good catch. Her hair screams Finnstep, though. Love that they are posing with their previous gold medals.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Many people despise guys like Perez Hilton. However, there are just as many people out there who love what he's doing since it keeps them entertained. Also, a lot of celebrities themselves love being on his website because it keeps people talking and it gives them a lot press, whether it's good or bad. In fact, many celebrities go out of their way to be on Perez Hilton's website. I see the TSL the same - an outlet for skating fans/community to have a conversation and keep them entertained whether it's PC or not.

    It's always been my opinion that Daisuke Takahashi would've been Olympic champion in 2010 had he not been out with the injury entire season prior to the Olympics and he was still rehabbing at the point. However, do I think he should be judged based on what he was capable of had not been injured? Absolutely not. A competition is a competition. If a skater is in a competition, you are thereby saying that you are healthy and fit enough to compete, and therefore, putting yourself at risk for any praise or criticism. I don't think they are singling out Tessa, because that's what they've done to several skaters, because it keeps it entertaining and keeps viewers watching.

    I didn't agree with Jenny and Dave's speculative comments, but isn't that what a YouTube vlog is for? From what seen from their videos, they are always inviting viewers to send them an email or post a comment and agree/disagree with them.

    BTW, The Skating Lesson is a name for those involved with skating can share the lessons they've learned in their careers, i.e. the recent interview with Mary Beth Marley when she discussed her decision to quit skating due to personal struggles with an eating disorder.

  8. #188
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan12 View Post
    A competition is a competition. If a skater is in a competition, you are thereby saying that you are healthy and fit enough to compete, and therefore, putting yourself at risk for any praise or criticism. I don't think they are singling out Tessa, because that's what they've done to several skaters, because it keeps it entertaining and keeps viewers watching.
    There is a difference between criticism and implying that a skater with very well-known medical issues is faking an injury. We're not talking about the merits of what V/M did on the ice that day or what D/W did and who should have placed where. We're talking about the fact that they were trying to make it out that Tessa didn't have an injury and was making it up. That's not cool.

    Jenny and Dave, IMO, try to present themselves and their opinions as something on the level of say, PJ Kwong--somewhat authoritative and knowledgeable. If they're going to go that route, they should try to have a little more integrity.

  9. #189

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan12 View Post
    Many people despise guys like Perez Hilton. However, there are just as many people out there who love what he's doing since it keeps them entertained. Also, a lot of celebrities themselves love being on his website because it keeps people talking and it gives them a lot press, whether it's good or bad. In fact, many celebrities go out of their way to be on Perez Hilton's website. I see the TSL the same - an outlet for skating fans/community to have a conversation and keep them entertained whether it's PC or not.

    It's always been my opinion that Daisuke Takahashi would've been Olympic champion in 2010 had he not been out with the injury entire season prior to the Olympics and he was still rehabbing at the point. However, do I think he should be judged based on what he was capable of had not been injured? Absolutely not. A competition is a competition. If a skater is in a competition, you are thereby saying that you are healthy and fit enough to compete, and therefore, putting yourself at risk for any praise or criticism. I don't think they are singling out Tessa, because that's what they've done to several skaters, because it keeps it entertaining and keeps viewers watching.

    I didn't agree with Jenny and Dave's speculative comments, but isn't that what a YouTube vlog is for? From what seen from their videos, they are always inviting viewers to send them an email or post a comment and agree/disagree with them.

    BTW, The Skating Lesson is a name for those involved with skating can share the lessons they've learned in their careers, i.e. the recent interview with Mary Beth Marley when she discussed her decision to quit skating due to personal struggles with an eating disorder.
    What the heck. I really don't see what point you're trying to make or why you insist that we must agree with what Dave and Jenny said or what Daisuke as to do with this. Anyway it doesn't matter because I can't agree that's it ok for them to imply that Tessa stopped because they were scared, just because it's their opinion.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan12 View Post
    Many people despise guys like Perez Hilton. However, there are just as many people out there who love what he's doing since it keeps them entertained. Also, a lot of celebrities themselves love being on his website because it keeps people talking and it gives them a lot press, whether it's good or bad. In fact, many celebrities go out of their way to be on Perez Hilton's website. I see the TSL the same - an outlet for skating fans/community to have a conversation and keep them entertained whether it's PC or not.
    Oh? Alrighty then. When you say it like that, I get it. I am sure Tessa is delighted to learn a colleague believes she was faking an injury.

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Looks like Tessa is wearing her Paso dress from 2009 Worlds.
    It is! Wow, good catch. I first saw it on my phone so I didn't notice, but I just saw it on my computer and it is the same dress.

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan12 View Post
    Many people despise guys like Perez Hilton. However, there are just as many people out there who love what he's doing since it keeps them entertained. Also, a lot of celebrities themselves love being on his website because it keeps people talking and it gives them a lot press, whether it's good or bad. In fact, many celebrities go out of their way to be on Perez Hilton's website. I see the TSL the same - an outlet for skating fans/community to have a conversation and keep them entertained whether it's PC or not.

    It's always been my opinion that Daisuke Takahashi would've been Olympic champion in 2010 had he not been out with the injury entire season prior to the Olympics and he was still rehabbing at the point. However, do I think he should be judged based on what he was capable of had not been injured? Absolutely not. A competition is a competition. If a skater is in a competition, you are thereby saying that you are healthy and fit enough to compete, and therefore, putting yourself at risk for any praise or criticism. I don't think they are singling out Tessa, because that's what they've done to several skaters, because it keeps it entertaining and keeps viewers watching.

    I didn't agree with Jenny and Dave's speculative comments, but isn't that what a YouTube vlog is for? From what seen from their videos, they are always inviting viewers to send them an email or post a comment and agree/disagree with them.

    BTW, The Skating Lesson is a name for those involved with skating can share the lessons they've learned in their careers, i.e. the recent interview with Mary Beth Marley when she discussed her decision to quit skating due to personal struggles with an eating disorder.
    1. Perez Hilton is one of the things wrong with the world. If TSL is indeed the functional equivalent of him, they're worse than I though, not better.

    2. No one is suggesting not to judge the competition based on what is on the ice. A skater on the ice is at risk for praise/criticism based on WHAT THEY DO ON THE ICE. Saying that "Skater X is probably faking an injury because they didn't want to lose" isn't that at all.

    3. I respect your last point. I'd hope that if the skater involved wasn't American but elected to quit a sport due to struggling with an eating disorder, that TSL wouldn't suggest that he/she was faking said eating disorder and only quit because he/she didn't want to lose. However, you've suggested that browbeating young women about health issues "keeps it entertaining" so I suppose that it is too much to ask.

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    90
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I do not really want to have fun and keep me entertained with despicable things, but if there are still people who have that mindset... I can not change your thoughts.
    Regrettable.

    Well, speaking of really interesting things, Tessa and Scott look very well in these pictures, they combine perfectly with their gold medals!

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    TSL has never, ever said anything as despicable as Perez Hilton's comment. My point was whether you love him or hate him, his website is a place where pop culture fans go to be entertained and to see what he says next. TSL doesn't come close to being that over the top, but TSL does give skating that space whether it's discussed.

    I see the TSL as essentially a Vlog version of PJ Kwong's column with differing voices/opinions. PJ has been on TSL to discuss skating with Jenny and Dave. PJ has said a lot of things I agree with, but many things I don't, and I don't think either of their "expert opinion" weighs any more than the other. Even though I may not agree with what they, I enjoy that they add their personal opinion because if they did, I could just go to any generic news article that talks about the results of the event (which are scarce nowadays anyway) and it gives skating fans something else to watch/listen to.

    Lastly, I did not suggest Mary Beth Marley's struggles were discussed "to keep it entertaining." However, it is the goal of every vlogger/blogger/writer to keep their readers/viewers interested and coming back. Although, I did enjoy listening/watching Mary Beth's interview and hearing what she had to say - maybe that's why it was misconstrued with "entertaining"

    That's all I'm gonna say about that.
    Last edited by skatingfan12; 07-16-2013 at 02:42 AM.

  15. #195

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What I love is the photo of them showing off their GOLD Freaking MEDAL. They are the reigning OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL CHAMPS and it's about time they reminded the world at large - and some people in particular -- of just who they are when it comes to ice dancing.

    BTW, I would really appreciate NOT being smacked over the head by some self-righteous poster(s) about how we should love TSL or D/W. Given that this is a V/M topic, I wish posters like that would just stay the hell out of here. I don't go in the D/W topic and try to tell their fans how they should or should not feel about something -- I would appreciate the same in return.
    Crazy about sports!

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    190
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    What I love is the photo of them showing off their GOLD Freaking MEDAL. They are the reigning OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL CHAMPS and it's about time they reminded the world at large - and some people in particular -- of just who they are when it comes to ice dancing.

    BTW, I would really appreciate NOT being smacked over the head by some self-righteous poster(s) about how we should love TSL or D/W. Given that this is a V/M topic, I wish posters like that would just stay the hell out of here. I don't go in the D/W topic and try to tell their fans how they should or should not feel about something -- I would appreciate the same in return.
    Well said. Exactly, TSL is ridiculous. And V/M are the reigning Olympic Champions.

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    947
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Idk... I thought TSL's suggestion that Tessa faked her injury because they didn't want to lose to D/W was pretty despicable

  18. #198
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Welcome, MissJD! I hope a bunch of us fans can get together at nationals or another event
    And welcome also to munow and annase. And nice to see you back, OlieRow!

    And thanks for the pic, frisette70!

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan12 View Post
    ... However, at the same time, they are entitled to their own opinion and that's exactly what they are doing. Everyone on this board is welcome to make videos about the same thing they are.

    ... To me, it's actually good to hear both sides of an argument, not just the one side that we like.

    ...
    I don't understand how countering their opinions is equivalent to saying they are not entitled to those opinions. Picking up on what Golightly said, if they are going to publicly express those opinions they should be prepared to have people respond to those opinions. In my opinion, Jenny and Dave were unprofessional, ignorant, and mean-spirited in that piece, and I'd rather not spend my time listening to such junk-analysis. I will never be able to read and listen to everything that is written on figure skating, so I have to be selective and i imagine it is the same with other people here.

    Why are you assuming that members of this thread are only interested in hearing the side(s) of an argument that they like? Not liking this particular TSL piece and pointing out its flaws is not the same as refusing to attend to any opinion that is not in agreement with our own. I think this might be a good time to point out that we in this thread are not one person. If you look though this thread, you will see a number of very different opinions expressed and many people have demonstrated a willingness to engage perspectives that challenge their own. And i don't think it is fair to assume that people in this thread are criticizing this TSL piece for the sole reason that negative things about Tessa were said in it. If you carefully read through the critiques and the responses to your posts, you will see that many people take issue with the nature of this kind of coverage in general.

    Just out of curiosity, did you give this same lecture to the D&W thread at the time PJ Kwong's comparison of V&M's and D&W's respective free programs was getting so much heat? If you did, I missed it.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 07-16-2013 at 04:42 AM.

  19. #199

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,674
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4440
    FWIW, skatingfan12 has not posted at all on the current D&W thread-she may be a TSL fan but relatively indifferent to ice dance.

  20. #200
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    FWIW, skatingfan12 has not posted at all on the current D&W thread-she may be a TSL fan but relatively indifferent to ice dance.
    "She" doesn't seem indifferent to ice dance at all. The majority of "her" posts have to do with V&M. It seems "her" main purpose for existing is to monitor this thread and lecture when "she" feels the need. "She" doesn't seem interested in anything BUT ice dance (save a few random posts about American single ladies). I don't find "her" posting history to indicate "she" is indifferent to ice dance in any way, in fact it seems to be "her" main focus. I'll even narrow it down to specifically point out "she" only seems interested in V&M and D&W.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •