Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Are those VM on the pic on the wall? I forgot my glasses at home, but it seems to me that's a couple skating? Is it?
    They're both drawings/paintings of no one in particular. The bigger one further back on the beige wall is definitely a drawing of people dancing. I can't see the feet of the smaller painting on the blue wall, but I'd guess it's of people dancing.

There was another picture of JMG's arrival in Detroit a bit later. I think maybe the photo from early this morning was from another session.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    They're both drawings/paintings of no one in particular. The bigger one further back on the beige wall is definitely a drawing of people dancing. I can't see the feet of the smaller painting on the blue wall, but I'd guess it's of people dancing.

There was another picture of JMG's arrival in Detroit a bit later. I think maybe the photo from early this morning was from another session.
    O, now i am thinking- maybe it was old photo with Tessa and Scott? Look like he arrived to Detroit later and he will work with them on ice at Arctic Edge

YEAH!
    vCash
    Glad Jean Marc is back. As successful as their debut was, I'm pleased to see how they never rest on their laurels. They're really putting in the work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Glad Jean Marc is back. As successful as their debut was, I'm pleased to see how they never rest on their laurels. They're really putting in the work.
    Yes me too. Who's gonna supervise though since Marina isn't there.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    oops
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    I hope Tessa and Scott get scored fairly in Canada this year. I still don't understand the low scoring at nationals the past two years. I believe it sent a message to the world judges that did not help Tessa and Scott, especially last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    Hi everyone,

Whole week I and Iggie have been working with my thoughts on VM free dance music choices. It was a pleasure to work with her, and I really appreciate how much time she spent on editing all of this. I'm really happy of what we both did, and I really hope you'll like it too!

http://compulsorydances.blogspot.ca/...-concerto.html

She also made a post with my previous thoughts I shared with you guys, you can see it here:

Feel free to comment and! I'd love to hear your feedback!
    it was great working with you too. i hope to work on a few more pieces, so if anyone is interested in writing on the music choices, please contact me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yes me too. Who's gonna supervise though since Marina isn't there.
    What better time to have some privacy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I am honestly in awe of everything that you wrote. That is amazing. I find music theory so cold - I signed up for it in college and I dropped it after one class because I just didn't get it. What you have done is to make this music so relatable to me as a listener. You've taken concepts like tempi and major/minor key and actually made me understand how they inform the music. I love the idea that the music goes from "shy" to "brave" and the way you explained how this music only makes you think about the good things in nature. I feel like you unlocked all of those technical things and laid out all the emotions for those of us who don't know about music.

I love that you were able to break down almost 70 minutes of music that I would normally say "yes, that's pretty" and really explain it.

I think you are right, Scriabin will be the end of the program. I really can't wait to know which parts they'll pick now! Your post also gives me some perspective on how difficult it must have been to put this program together because they are in different scales and not parallel... I have no idea what that means, but your explanation was great. I also love how you talked about all their past programs as a comparison. Me, I just go by what sounds pretty... lol. I am glad you mentioned this ballet is usually "light" because I think that's what Tessa and Scott are going for this season in both SD and FD, to combat the heaviness of the waltz and Carmen.

V&M are lucky to have such knowledgeable fans No doubt they will put lots of love and care into this music/program.
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    After i read your comments and listening parts, wich you think they could use, i now better understand how this FD could look like, i like Glazunov more, then when i listening him first time. I think there is beautifull watzes and i like “Petit Adagio”.
    Tessa said Glazuniv will be at the begining and Scriabin’s “Piano Concerto in F-sharp minor" at the finale.
    Its amazing, how they could only 4 minutes from both musical parts. I think its VERY difficult. They are sich a hardworkers. I cant even imaging now how this music cuts will sound on ice. That why i love them - they bever choose an easy way.
    I can imaging Tessa-balerina in this FD
    Catherine, thank you for help and its amazing how taleneted you are
    Thank you both very, very much for your warm words, Cherub721 and Pani! I really appreciate you for taking time and reading it!

P.S. Pani - yeah, now we know that they'll end their program with Scriabin, but my essay was done before the article came out, so I didn't know that at the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    What better time to have some privacy....
    Well somebody said they spoke to a dance judge who told him V/M and D/W are never at the rink at the same time anymore and there's been tension. I have no idea if there's any truth to this.
    Thank you both very, very much for your warm words, Cherub721 and Pani! I really appreciate you for taking time and reading it!

P.S. Pani - yeah, now we know that they'll end their program with Scriabin, but my essay was done before the article came out, so I didn't know that at the time
    I know you already know this, but I thought your posts in iggie's blog were so well written and informative. I listened to all the parts you outlined in my car when I was stuck in traffic yesterday.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Well somebody said they spoke to a dance judge who told him V/M and D/W are never at the rink at the same time anymore and there's been tension. I have no idea if there's any truth to this..
    So they will see each other programs at competitions first? Sound interesting

vCash
    Hi everyone,

Whole week I and Iggie have been working with my thoughts on VM free dance music choices. It was a pleasure to work with her, and I really appreciate how much time she spent on editing all of this. I'm really happy of what we both did, and I really hope you'll like it too!

She also made a post with my previous thoughts I shared with you guys, you can see it here:

Feel free to comment and! I'd love to hear your feedback!
    Great post! Makes me more appreciative for Scriabin especially the Allegro Moderato part where the piano goes crazy Makes me wonder if V/M are going to use that for the ending. Seems like they want a more epic or dramatic ending this time.

vCash
    Catharine C. I was extremely impressed by your blog and your knowledge of the pieces that Tessa and Scott are using this year. I won't get a chance to actually listen as I'm on holiday right now and away from my own computer (where I'll be able to enjoy in private). I'm hoping this is not their last year competing but if it is, this sounds llike the perfect vehicle to say goodbye and thank you to their many fans. I'm so looking forward to seeing them at Nats, your description of the music has heightened my expectations that this will be a program to remember.

I'm happy to see some new fans popping in here and sharing their thoughts. They are always welcome
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    CatherineC, I am also impressed with your blog and details. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I have no doubt Tess & Scott will live up to the many expectations. Their skills are incredibly. Please keep sharing your knowledge with us.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Wow! Like claire, That article was truly profound, CatherineC. When V/M first announced their music choices for FD, I couldn't really"see" how. Now, I have a better understanding since you have conveniently break down the music parts. Thank you

V/M has always impressed me with their waltz performances (I.e. 2010 worlds CD, 2011 SD) So, it would be gratifying if this season's FD would have that combination of waltz and ballet feel...

Quote from blog:" ...we’ll even see shades from their other dances, such as fragility from Valse Triste, true love from Umbrellas of Cherbourg, modernism from Pink Floyd, perfection from Mahler, passion from Mujer Latina, enthusiasm from Funny Face and madness from Carmen."

This made me quite excited to see if indeed the FD turned out as you've written! (All of those programs were truly mesmerizing to watch)

vCash
    What you wrote was amazing, Catherine! I already told you this, but I really had to take sometime to add my admiration along with everyone here.

This really touched me, because you wrote many things I also think. Reading it made me very happy!

Congratulations once more! : D

vCash
    So, Jean Mark twitted he if already in Canada. Interesting to know, what did they change in SD

vCash
    I know you already know this, but I thought your posts in iggie's blog were so well written and informative. I listened to all the parts you outlined in my car when I was stuck in traffic yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Great post! Makes me more appreciative for Scriabin especially the Allegro Moderato part where the piano goes crazy Makes me wonder if V/M are going to use that for the ending. Seems like they want a more epic or dramatic ending this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Catherine C. I was extremely impressed by your blog and your knowledge of the pieces that Tessa and Scott are using this year. I won't get a chance to actually listen as I'm on holiday right now and away from my own computer (where I'll be able to enjoy in private). I'm hoping this is not their last year competing but if it is, this sounds llike the perfect vehicle to say goodbye and thank you to their many fans. I'm so looking forward to seeing them at Nats, your description of the music has heightened my expectations that this will be a program to remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    CatherineC, I am also impressed with your blog and details. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I have no doubt Tess & Scott will live up to the many expectations. Their skills are incredibly. Please keep sharing your knowledge with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianFSFan View Post
    Wow! Like claire, That article was truly profound, CatherineC. When V/M first announced their music choices for FD, I couldn't really"see" how. Now, I have a better understanding since you have conveniently break down the music parts. Thank you

V/M has always impressed me with their waltz performances (I.e. 2010 worlds CD, 2011 SD) So, it would be gratifying if this season's FD would have that combination of waltz and ballet feel...

Quote from blog:" ...we’ll even see shades from their other dances, such as fragility from Valse Triste, true love from Umbrellas of Cherbourg, modernism from Pink Floyd, perfection from Mahler, passion from Mujer Latina, enthusiasm from Funny Face and madness from Carmen."

This made me quite excited to see if indeed the FD turned out as you've written! (All of those programs were truly mesmerizing to watch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    What you wrote was amazing, Catherine! I already told you this, but I really had to take sometime to add my admiration along with everyone here.

This really touched me, because you wrote many things I also think. Reading it made me very happy!

Congratulations once more! : D
    Thank you all VERY, VERY, VERY much! I'm so happy that you all enjoyed it! I'm so glad to be part of this community! I mean, you're always so nice and grateful! Thanks for your comments, they make me smile

vCash
    I honestly can't wait to see the changes and improvements V/M made to the SD!

vCash
    Now that we've had a view of their SD I'm am looking forward to seeing their FD.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast