Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    It's romantic, passionate, deliriously intense, full of nuance and driving power. If they were to perform to a cut that included "Dance with Me" my heart might not be able to take it. Even though it's a waltz, it's not really directly comparable to anything else they've done. Imagine the love child of Valse Triste and Carmen to get an idea of what it could look like.
    I'm imagining it and I like what I see. I also listened to Dance with Me and a few other tracks from the soundtrack. The music is so grand, I think it could be amazing. I'll reel in the excitement since nobody is really sure where the idea of Anna Karenina came from; watch them pick something completely different.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Nothing. That twitterer is crazy and is always posting weird, insulting, and truly bizarre things re: Tessa and Scott. She's obsessed and I remember after worlds she tweeted that they were a disappointment to Canada. She hates Scott too so I would ignore him/her/whatever it is.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Okay, I was like huh? Lol thx

vCash
    Is she and Heather are the same persons?
    How much i wish to read rumours not about personal life, but about new programs and traning

vCash
    That girl freaks me out. Even if half of what she says were true, no one should be allowed to invade someone else's privacy like that.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott are filming their show https://twitter.com/JayC_Spencer/sta...39976145551360 I wonder if they just started filming the article says that the show will start filming in summer but summer is almost over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Tessa and Scott are filming their show https://twitter.com/JayC_Spencer/sta...39976145551360 I wonder if they just started filming the article says that the show will start filming in summer but summer is almost over.
    They have one summer mounth, no?
    They are very busy now. I wish they will skate at Thornhill, but not this time....

vCash
    Please dont say Summer is over as we still have August....

I think they will skate at Finlandia and this will be good for their fans as they have a lot of fans who were disappointed last year.

vCash
    This will be good for VM fans from Europe

vCash
    Can I just say that I am envious of anyone who gets to see V/M live this season before I do -- and still hoping to make Canadian Nationals. As much as I'd love to go to Skate Canada, just not in the cards, as they say (lack of money). With Canadians at least in the same province as I live and a bit later, I am hoping (desperately) to raise enough money to go, if only to see the dance portions.

I am getting excited to see what all our Canadian competitors will be putting out on the ice -- along with skaters from other countries for whom I cheer/enjoy voids/cry depending on how they do.

Good luck Tessa & Scott. Skate the way you have always -- as Champions.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Just re-posting from the Skate Canada thread (Thanks to Sylvia): http://www.skatecanada.ca/Portals/2/...chedule-EN.pdf

So everyone going can plan their trip (have fun) and everyone else can set the alarms for the night shift

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Can I just say that I am envious of anyone who gets to see V/M live this season before I do -- and still hoping to make Canadian Nationals. As much as I'd love to go to Skate Canada, just not in the cards, as they say (lack of money). With Canadians at least in the same province as I live and a bit later, I am hoping (desperately) to raise enough money to go, if only to see the dance portions.

I am getting excited to see what all our Canadian competitors will be putting out on the ice -- along with skaters from other countries for whom I cheer/enjoy voids/cry depending on how they do.

Good luck Tessa & Scott. Skate the way you have always -- as Champions.
    I hope you will go and will see TS at Natonals. Fingers crossed
    And yes, good luck to TS.

So everyone going can plan their trip (have fun) and everyone else can set the alarms for the night shift
    Thanks. Good thing this time FD will be on Saturday.
    But maybe not best locations for SC.

vCash
    I so badly want to see in this documentary TS with JM Genereux off ice, in the studio as they are working on their SD. Whatever the SD music choice is, the movement is bound to be in the realm of standard ballroom dances so it would be nice to get a glimpse of TS dancing ballroom off ice. Same goes for Jennifer Swan and whatever they are cooking up for the FD.

I don’t want to get my expectations up regarding that documentary but I do hope the people putting it all together do their research right so they could put out something not only for the general viewers or whatever their target audience is, but also give out something substantial enough to satisfy the more hardcore skating/ice dance fans. They probably will not delve in the intricacies of creating and judging the step sequences but I hope we get more than the superficial introductory info we get from fluffs. Aside from my above wish to see how off ice dance inspire their on-ice dance, I wish to see how they practice lifts and perhaps some of their gym work outs. The gymnastic fan in me is curious how Tessa train for the more acrobatic aspects of their lifts. We got a glimpse from PJs interviews with Maria Mountain last season but I really wish to know more.

Iggie, I just saw your blog’s “classic” series. Very nice, really enjoying it. I am just rewatching your interview with them at SOI. I didn’t comment on it at that time but I really thought it was touching that Tessa actually shared that story about the bucket of rice gift. I thought it was very personal (she said so herself) and the fact that she felt comfortable enough to share it with you was very sweet. I must say though I’m glad that she shared that with you (and to the fans through your blog) and not with someone else. I mean can you imagine the kind of spin and interpretation a “journalist” like say a Rosie DiManno would put regarding that gift tidbit?

Anyway, I find it really amazing that in that 5-minute interview we got so much information - their interpretation of the Stay ex, their surprising connection with JM Genereux years ago and how they started brainstorming for the SD, and of course the rice gift. I mean 5 freaking minutes and we got something related to ice dance and something about their personality. This along with that EPIC Russian fans interview that have fluffs and serious stuffs and everything in between, PJ's interviews with Maria Mountain and Jen Swan, and the Jacquelyn Thayer articles re: modern dance and ice dance are the highlights media-wise for me last season. Maybe these things are for the more hardcore fans and not for general TV audiences but I really hope the producers of that documentary can strike out a nice balance for both group of audiences. (And I am going to beg for people to upload them as early as possible for the international audience).

vCash
    Anyway, I find it really amazing that in that 5-minute interview we got so much information - their interpretation of the Stay ex, their surprising connection with JM Genereux years ago and how they started brainstorming for the SD, and of course the rice gift. I mean 5 freaking minutes and we got something related to ice dance and something about their personality. This along with that EPIC Russian fans interview that have fluffs and serious stuffs and everything in between, PJ's interviews with Maria Mountain and Jen Swan, and the Jacquelyn Thayer articles re: modern dance and ice dance are the highlights media-wise for me last season. Maybe these things are for the more hardcore fans and not for general TV audiences but I really hope the producers of that documentary can strike out a nice balance for both group of audiences. (And I am going to beg for people to upload them as early as possible for the international audience).
    Well said. Especially after all this "fans" discussions about VM PR and lie. I think this just mean TS talk about what they were asked. And if they were asked about programs, choreo, music they were talking about this. Did they ever said there fans they didnt want to talk with them? Or about - we didnt want to talk about this? But who care, when there fans belive more in two crazy internet girls and there fairytales?
    Sorry. if i said something wrong.

I wish to add ice-dance.com interview about how TS choose there music for new programs last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    I so badly want to see in this documentary TS with JM Genereux off ice, in the studio as they are working on their SD. Whatever the SD music choice is, the movement is bound to be in the realm of standard ballroom dances so it would be nice to get a glimpse of TS dancing ballroom off ice. Same goes for Jennifer Swan and whatever they are cooking up for the FD.

I don’t want to get my expectations up regarding that documentary but I do hope the people putting it all together do their research right so they could put out something not only for the general viewers or whatever their target audience is, but also give out something substantial enough to satisfy the more hardcore skating/ice dance fans. They probably will not delve in the intricacies of creating and judging the step sequences but I hope we get more than the superficial introductory info we get from fluffs. Aside from my above wish to see how off ice dance inspire their on-ice dance, I wish to see how they practice lifts and perhaps some of their gym work outs. The gymnastic fan in me is curious how Tessa train for the more acrobatic aspects of their lifts. We got a glimpse from PJs interviews with Maria Mountain last season but I really wish to know more.
    yes. i really hope that this 6 part series turns out better than that documentary, which went from profiling tessa and scott to being about the canadian senior team with a cameo from tessa and scott. and i hope that the filmmakers focus on real things that matter to us as fans, especially long time fans. for example, i liked the "hour" interview, and i know that there are talking points, but we need to get past the goose, the injury, etc. at a certain point, let's create a new story.

Iggie, I just saw your blog’s “classic” series. Very nice, really enjoying it. I am just rewatching your interview with them at SOI. I didn’t comment on it at that time but I really thought it was touching that Tessa actually shared that story about the bucket of rice gift. I thought it was very personal (she said so herself) and the fact that she felt comfortable enough to share it with you was very sweet. I must say though I’m glad that she shared that with you (and to the fans through your blog) and not with someone else. I mean can you imagine the kind of spin and interpretation a “journalist” like say a Rosie DiManno would put regarding that gift tidbit?
    lol at the rosie comment.

thanks. the classic series is a fun little off season project and it's a good way to get a retrospective of their career, especially for new fans.

classic moments: fluff
    classic moments: older montages
    classic performances: hallelujah
    classic performances: stay

i plan on more throughout august.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    Well said. Especially after all this "fans" discussions about VM PR and lie. I think this just mean TS talk about what they were asked. And if they were asked about programs, choreo, music they were talking about this. Did they ever said there fans they didnt want to talk with them? Or about - we didnt want to talk about this? But who care, when there fans belive more in two crazy internet girls and there fairytales?
    Sorry. if i said something wrong.

I wish to add ice-dance.com interview about how TS choose there music for new programs last season.
    IA with you both. & no pani you didn't say anything wrong

vCash
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/pa...isbriand.shtml

OMG I can't wait! Anyone planning to go?

vCash
    Wow! I can't wait! Hopefully somebody can take a video of it!!!!

vCash
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/pa...isbriand.shtml

OMG I can't wait! Anyone planning to go?
    Thanks! WOW! So early and they are ready to show SD. I will on vacation, but hope you, guys, will made some reports or save video (if someone will post it).

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast