Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think Virtue and Moir have done any competition in North America: either one B competition with US participants only (that could have been their downfall) or a Canadian competion with confusing judging regading these two. They might focus on Europe where they will meet competitors who possibly compete at the Olympics and have international judges which could be beneficial for further international competiton.

Regarding the documentary: I like the idea and I since those episode will need some editing, they might have finished filming before the season even started. It comes to the right time as well, boosting them a little for the Olympics (something we have complained about last year). Well, at least I hope they focus on their training process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lola10 View Post
    Well, at least I hope they focus on their training process.
    I am intrigued by the promise of "roller-coaster adventures."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Prior to worlds, there was a very nicely done documentary about Kim Yuna in South Korea. It started from the moment she announced her comeback and then went back to her beginning, training in Canada, the injuries in the beginning of her senior carrer and of course the Olymic Gold Medal. Then it went on with her doubts and lack of motivation, in particular since she enjoyed being a student and had different priorities and finally the road to the comeback. It was done in chapters, like a book where they turned a page to the next chapter and then there was a quote either of Kim Yuna or about her. The documentary especially reminded everyone who she is: Queen Yuna, the Olympic Champion and I hope they do the same with Virtue and Moir. Reminding everyone who they are, the Olympic Champion and 2 time World Champion, versatile and innovative, no comparison needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Real Skaters of Arctic Edge?!?

I've said for years that I'd kill for a behind the scenes Canton reality show. This could be interesting even though it's not quite what I had in mind.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Ah. But I didn't think D/W would do a senior B since they're world champions. Also V/M did Thornhill in 2009? How come that doesn't say on their wikipedia page?
    I don't think it has to do with being World champions or one's status in the fs world. The Olympics take place a month before Worlds, when the athletes are used to having their biggest competition of the season. The Olympic season requires them to peak one month earlier than usual. Going to a senior b pushes up their training schedule and helps them be more prepared to peak early. Skipping last season's WTT was also a good strategy because you don't want a long season to bleed over into an early season.

V&M debuted Mahler at Thornhill. There are FSU archives from August 09. Maybe they didn't do the entire competition (they can opt just to compete in the OD or FD), and that's why it's not on wiki.

vCash
    I don't think Virtue and Moir have done any competition in North America: either one B competition with US participants only (that could have been their downfall) or a Canadian competion with confusing judging regading these two. They might focus on Europe where they will meet competitors who possibly compete at the Olympics and have international judges which could be beneficial for further international competiton.

Regarding the documentary: I like the idea and I since those episode will need some editing, they might have finished filming before the season even started. It comes to the right time as well, boosting them a little for the Olympics (something we have complained about last year). Well, at least I hope they focus on their training process.
    I think so too. The filming might not even affect them much. I figure the cameramen will try their best to be unobtrusive while V/M are training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Real Skaters of Arctic Edge?!?

I've said for years that I'd kill for a behind the scenes Canton reality show. This could be interesting even though it's not quite what I had in mind.
    I would like to see the reality of Canton, but not in "reality show" format.

Prior to worlds, there was a very nicely done documentary about Kim Yuna in South Korea. It started from the moment she announced her comeback and then went back to her beginning, training in Canada, the injuries in the beginning of her senior carrer and of course the Olymic Gold Medal. Then it went on with her doubts and lack of motivation, in particular since she enjoyed being a student and had different priorities and finally the road to the comeback. It was done in chapters, like a book where they turned a page to the next chapter and then there was a quote either of Kim Yuna or about her. The documentary especially reminded everyone who she is: Queen Yuna, the Olympic Champion and I hope they do the same with Virtue and Moir.
    Phrases like "roller-coaster adventures" and "a new kind of bold and vibrant documentary story-telling" lead me to believe otherwise, but I will stay positive and hope along with you. I just wonder how they will keep viewers tuned in to the next episode. Will there be Batman-style cliffhangers, a la "Will Tessa be able to choose the right dress for the Free Dance? Stay tuned!!!!"

vCash
    Prior to worlds, there was a very nicely done documentary about Kim Yuna in South Korea. It started from the moment she announced her comeback and then went back to her beginning, training in Canada, the injuries in the beginning of her senior carrer and of course the Olymic Gold Medal. Then it went on with her doubts and lack of motivation, in particular since she enjoyed being a student and had different priorities and finally the road to the comeback. It was done in chapters, like a book where they turned a page to the next chapter and then there was a quote either of Kim Yuna or about her. The documentary especially reminded everyone who she is: Queen Yuna, the Olympic Champion and I hope they do the same with Virtue and Moir. Reminding everyone who they are, the Olympic Champion and 2 time World Champion, versatile and innovative, no comparison needed.
    And the best I hope they do so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I don't think it has to do with being World champions or one's status in the fs world. The Olympics take place a month before Worlds, when the athletes are used to having their biggest competition of the season. The Olympic season requires them to peak one month earlier than usual. Going to a senior b pushes up their training schedule and helps them be more prepared to peak early. Skipping last season's WTT was also a good strategy because you don't want a long season to bleed over into an early season.

V&M debuted Mahler at Thornhill. There are FSU archives from August 09. Maybe they didn't do the entire competition (they can opt just to compete in the OD or FD), and that's why it's not on wiki.
    Oh okay. I hope they do Thornhill again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    And the best I hope they do so too.

Oh okay. I hope they do Thornhill again.
    I think it was just the FD too.I remember we actually saw the program that night and it was almost immediately deleted from Youtube...

vCash
    They have been doing Finlandia twice now (even though they didn't compete last year but that was their plan anyway) so it would make sense they would compete there especially this year leading up to the olympics. Didn't they say somewhere that they didn't like to debut new programs at GPs?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    I think it was just the FD too.I remember we actually saw the program that night and it was almost immediately deleted from Youtube...
    I remember all of the between those who were moved to tears and declaring it a masterpiece vs. those who thought it was boring, went nowhere, and that Canadians are too easily impressed. Oh, and all the debates about the history of Mahler's 5th Symphony - it's a dirge! No, it actually was a proposal!

I wasn't as much of a V&M fan as I am today so it was funny to sit back and read all the

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I think it's great. Look forward to seeing it. It's only six episodes. It doesn't have to be draining and looks like it will be all finished filming by the time they need to go into their Olympic bubble

I think most fans will be thrilled with this. They don't do social media and are rather private compared to other skaters so it will be nice for us to have these glimpses into their final season together.
    I can't agree more. V/M has always been quiet and private even though they are the freaking regainning OGM. I'm glad they are making it a bit louder this time around. This will give us fans more to remember them for many years down the road. It's a treat. I can't wait.

vCash
    So, Shibs and DW will compete in September at B competitoin in USA, So VM will compete before GP too? I think so. How do you think, it will be better to compete at Thornhill or in Finlandia?
    I hope VM fans outside Canada will see this new movie too. Cant waite! And i adore this wedding photos. I wish Tessa will use style from some of this photos for there new SD.
    And what about Anna Karenina for FD? I read some romours about this.

vCash
    So, Shibs and DW will compete in September at B competitoin in USA, So VM will compete before GP too? I think so. How do you think, it will be better to compete at Thornhill or in Finlandia?
    I hope VM fans outside Canada will see this new movie too. Cant waite! And i adore this wedding photos. I wish Tessa will use style from some of this photos for there new SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Where did you hear these rumours?

vCash
    Where did you read the rumour about Anna Karenina? Was it about the ballet, or the last movie? Was not it just someone joking again? Sorry for so many questions, I am just too curious now.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 07-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.

vCash
    Registration for Thornhill closed July 10. It's not an American event; it's held in Thornhill, Ontario, and the three dance teams entered in the very small senior dance event are Canadian (exception of the mixed Canadian/American Rachel Kirkland and Matt Kleffman).

If V/M want ISU feedback this time, they'll be doing a Senior B like Finlandia again, not a regional event.
    Last edited by lavenderblue; 07-26-2013 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    a) Mahler at Thornhill - I remember that program from shaky cellphone footage. It was one of those programs that just took my breath away. If it had stayed at that level, I'd consider it one of the all time greats. The way they added nuance and expression, smoothed out the elements, changed the ending made it the absolute apex of COP figure skating.

b) Finlandia over Thornhill in terms of international feedback, definitely. The judges at Thornhill would be inclined to be generous. Though with Mahler, the score wouldn't have placed in their top three FD scores that season.

c) I think people overestimate the impact this documentary will have on their training regimen, to be honest. You'll see lots of stock footage from previous events, interviews, etc. You'll see a couple new interviews that don't take long to film. And you'll get some glimpses of them training for Sochi. I don't think it'll be a reality-TV-camera's-always-on-them type deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Registration for Thornhill closed July 10. It's not an American event; it's held in Thornhill, Ontario, and the three dance teams entered in the very small senior dance event are Canadian (exception of the mixed Canadian/American Rachel Kirkland and Matt Kleffman).
    Sorry, I must have been too sleepy to think coherently. I don't even know how did I mix it up - probably lola10's comment "sidetracked" me (not her fault, of course).

vCash
    Yes are the rumors for the movie soundtrack or the ballet? I never heard both actually.
    And I hope they do Finlandia.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast