Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

vCash
    One needs to have a goal in order to be able to attain it.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Well, everyone wants it and someone's going to get it. So I guess it's not going to go well for the majority of the field lol.
    I think that a lot know they are not in the running for an OGM before the competition begins, and I don't mind if somebody wants to fight for the OGM . . . but that word "elusive" coupled with OGM is like setting somebody up for unfinished business. Fighting, competing, striving, etc. for the the OGM is good . . . but feeling like it is all but in your hands is not.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 09-02-2013 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    I think that a lot know they are not in the running for an OGM before the competition begins, and I don't mind if somebody wants to fight for the OGM . . . but that word "elusive" coupled with OGM is like setting somebody up for unfinished business. Fighting, competing, striving, etc. for the the OGM is good . . . but feeling like it is all but in your hands is not.
    I think you have misunderstood me - by elusive I meant it seems to be somewhat unattainable - particularly for Canadian men. I don't see where I suggested it was all but his
    I remember Browning saying after his first world title that he went into it thinking "well someone is going to win this thing, so why not me?" That's a healthy attitude for a competitive skater. So I hope Patrick is thinking something along those lines.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I think you have misunderstood me - by elusive I meant it seems to be somewhat unattainable - particularly for Canadian men. I don't see where I suggested it was all but his
    I remember Browning saying after his first world title that he went into it thinking "well someone is going to win this thing, so why not me?" That's a healthy attitude for a competitive skater. So I hope Patrick is thinking something along those lines.
    Fair enough. I hope nothing more for Patrick but a beautiful performance that wins an OGM. Canada has produced many lovely skaters, and Patrick is not the least of these.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    I don't see the fuss about the word 'elusive'. Contrary to what you perceived, IMO, elusive means 'hard to achieve/attain' as blueglass explained. So how you come to understand that blueglass meant that it is something to be achieved soon is baffling. Perhaps you prefer to see it that way?

I am sure most of us will agree that at least five skaters have equal chance of medalling in Sochi and Patrick is being one of them. So is there anything wrong if he thinks he stand a chance to medal?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Contrary to what you perceived, IMO, elusive means 'hard to achieve/attain' as blueglass explained.
    Of course "what [I] perceived" is different than "IMO", that is "in [your] opinion" . . . and it was discussed and clarified in forum before you posted, and so why it continued to be baffling to you is baffling to me.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 09-02-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Perhaps you prefer to continue to be baffled?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I am sure most of us will agree that at least five skaters have equal chance of medalling in Sochi and Patrick is being one of them. So is there anything wrong if he thinks he stand a chance to medal?
    I am not so certain that so many agree that so many skaters have an equal chance, but Patrick is certainly one of the skaters with a chance if he performs well.

vCash
    I don't think it would be completely wrong to say that five or six skaters have equal chances of medaling at the Olympics. Personally at this point I can see any of Chan, Fernandez, Hanyu, Takahashi, Ten and even Plushenko going home from Sochi with an Olympic medal under his belt. Also, if we look at the results at the last three World Championships, we see that the silver and bronze medalists were different every year, so I wouldn't rule out a surprise medal winner in Russia either.

vCash
    Patrick is simply too good of a skater not to win at least one Olympic medal. It is nearly impossible to predict who and in what order the medallists will be at Sochi's men's competition but I'll be crushed if Patrick is not in the top three.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I don't think it would be completely wrong to say that five or six skaters have equal chances of medaling at the Olympics. Personally at this point I can see any of Chan, Fernandez, Hanyu, Takahashi, Ten and even Plushenko going home from Sochi with an Olympic medal under his belt. Also, if we look at the results at the last three World Championships, we see that the silver and bronze medalists were different every year, so I wouldn't rule out a surprise medal winner in Russia either.
    These are also the five men I have in mind, VarBar. I must admit I am also a fan of Kozuka and I do hope he can medal too. I wish there are at least five medals to share!

vCash
    So, a six way tie then? Perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Liking the way you think
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    What I really think is that I want Patrick to win, but I don't want the others to lose.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind at all! There will be many happy fans and less whinging?

vCash
    Idk there is so much focus (from Patrick and the media) on winning GOLD that I feel like even if Patrick won silver it would be a disappointment. From the way he's been speaking lately, it seems like Patrick wants gold and nothing less. This could go both ways. On the one hand, he obviously has the drive and determination to reach this goal. On the other, it can also create too much pressure if the focus is on the gold medal and nothing else.

I think that Patrick will be devastated if he doesn't win... so hopefully he does!

What I really think is that I want Patrick to win, but I don't want the others to lose.
    IKR? All of the top contenders are so great this time around. I wish that everybody could win.

vCash
    What is IRK?

vCash
    I took IKR = I know, right? No idea if that's correct though.
    I just want him to medal. Please. I don't care what colour.

vCash
    I just hope that Patrick will have a medal he wants in Olympic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    I took IKR = I know, right? No idea if that's correct though.
    I just want him to medal. Please. I don't care what colour.
    Hey luckiest1, aren't you clever! I couldn't figure out what it was. So IDK is I don't know?

vCash
    lol yes it's "I know right?" and "I don't know"

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast