Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Yes, nlyoung, I tend to agree. I will have to watch 2007 program as I am not that familiar with it. I, too, did not expect perfect jumps at this stage of the game. I love the "greatest hits" explanation, and how cool that its his tribute to Mr. Colson. I am excited to watch it progress this season.

vCash
    I liked Patrick's previous 4 Seasons but I think he is taking his skating to a much higher level of artistry and musicality with this new one. It's a gorgeous program and so difficult, I got tired just watching. Amazing choreo by David Wilson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    I posted this in the Kiss and Cry section but will repost here...

Love the program but boy he is missing the altitude training... It looked like he was going to pass out at the end so I'm not surprised by the doubled and singled jumps. The program itself, however, will be fantastic if he can build up the endurance to actually skate it. I'm amazed at how well he managed all the non-jump elements given how tired he clearly was toward the end. Beautiful quad to start though so I suspect his jump issues are stamina related more than anything else...
    He stood at the door of the rink entrance totally exhausted. Program has some nice touches.

vCash
    There's something magical in this free skate.. it's not quite there yet but boy will it be beautiful if he skates it to its potential! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKmpH3IzmE

vCash
    Thank you for the reports and the link to the clip. I think this is a beautiful programme, can't wait to see it in its full potential.

vCash
    Wow it's GORGEOUS.

vCash
    ^ ITA. I'm speechless.

Hope he can master the choreography. Right now it is RELENTLESS........hope he can manage the jumps with all the transitions and everything that's going on. But I love it.

vCash

vCash
    Thank you, thank you for the video links. It's so awesome to be able to come home and rewatch it again with more objectivity. It's so overwhelming the first time, and the sight lines in the rink, with the netting and the little booth on the audience side blocking your view, are not great. For me, this was more an unveiling of his new program, than a competition (for him I mean). So yeah, in the latter half the jumps were more placeholders than anything. But the program is so packed full. It will be spectacular if he can get it all together (and I believe he will).

Emdee and Corianna, sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. Things got a little hairy there with the crowds, at the end, and my group was leaving to go to dinner. It was nice to see both of you again. Looking forward to Nationals!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Thank you, thank you for the video links. It's so awesome to be able to come home and rewatch it again with more objectivity. It's so overwhelming the first time, and the sight lines in the rink, with the netting and the little booth on the audience side blocking your view, are not great. For me, this was more an unveiling of his new program, than a competition (for him I mean). So yeah, in the latter half the jumps were more placeholders than anything. But the program is so packed full. It will be spectacular if he can get it all together (and I believe he will).
    So true luckiest1!
    Re watching makes all the difference. At the rink I was overcome by my hopes and fears. Now I sit back and analyze each frame. I am sure it will come together. Oda had 8 months to get his program together patrick only about 2 months.

See you at nationals

vCash
    I like it (specifically, much more than his last couple LP's). The music suits him, classical, intense, lots of crescendos and high notes to pull into the choreography. It's hard to criticize because it is in such a raw, early stage; that being said, Lambiel did the footwork sequence in his "Seasons" LP (2005-2006) to the same excerpt, and I preferred his choreo-wise. However, when Patrick is at full speed like we usually see on his footwork, I'm sure it'll be excellent.

I particularly liked the second half of the program, in terms of music cuts and choreography. I love this one transition--almost like an ina baeur, except he's leaning forward, particularly great.

I just had one question...did he maybe water down the choreographic sequence so he could get through it? He seemed a little tired, and the movements seemed a bit...shy? for Patrick's usual style. I dunno. Just putting it out there. Not sure.

vCash
    I am sure it was watered down a bit .. Choreo looked unfinished sometimes but confident it will come together.

vCash
    Hey everyone,
    I am not normally a negative person - or a paranoid person - but I have a bad feeling about this.
    It's not so much where the jumps are at this point in the season - as we know he is careful to try to peak at the right time with all the elements in his intensely complicated programs.
    There are 2 things that worry me -
    1/ He seems to be quite a bit thinner and not in good condition- his face is super angular and his upper body is quite a bit smaller and he seems to be unbelievably exhausted at the end - so exhausted that more than 2 minutes after the program is over he still seems to be leaning over to try to get enough oxygen. That may be the lack of training at altitude - but I don't remember seeing him like that before he began training in Colorado. But I thought he looked tired even before he began the program.
    2/ The interaction / body language between him and Kathy Johnson is troubling to me. Maybe it is just that he is ticked off in general but he seems to be rolling his eyes as she talks non-stop and it looks like he would rather be anywhere rather than there listening to her. He doesn't seem to say anything for a really long time.

Anyhow - I just think it would be a shame if Patrick couldn't enjoy his Olympic and likely last season after all his work and years - so I hope I am wrong and or he gets things worked out.

vCash
    I was 8 feet away from them both. He didn't come off the ice as there was a huge crowd around the exit. He spoke to both Kathy and Slipchuk. There was a very sad look about him and he looked exhausted. This was not how he wanted o open the season. Finally security ushered him through the crowd.
    I hope his conditioning improves as the program is challenging and relentless in a different way from Aranjuez.
    Last edited by Emdee; 08-19-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Studying for exams and watching skating at the same time! eek
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I am not normally a negative person - or a paranoid person - but I have a bad feeling about this.
    It's not so much where the jumps are at this point in the season - as we know he is careful to try to peak at the right time with all the elements in his intensely complicated programs.
    There are 2 things that worry me -
    1/ He seems to be quite a bit thinner and not in good condition- his face is super angular and his upper body is quite a bit smaller and he seems to be unbelievably exhausted at the end - so exhausted that more than 2 minutes after the program is over he still seems to be leaning over to try to get enough oxygen. That may be the lack of training at altitude - but I don't remember seeing him like that before he began training in Colorado. But I thought he looked tired even before he began the program.
    2/ The interaction / body language between him and Kathy Johnson is troubling to me. Maybe it is just that he is ticked off in general but he seems to be rolling his eyes as she talks non-stop and it looks like he would rather be anywhere rather than there listening to her. He doesn't seem to say anything for a really long time.

Anyhow - I just think it would be a shame if Patrick couldn't enjoy his Olympic and likely last season after all his work and years - so I hope I am wrong and or he gets things worked out.
    I agree with all of this.
    I don't think anybody expected the program to be perfect. We've seen this happen to Patrick many times before where it takes him a while to get used to a new program. With the quads and everything, it seemed like a decent start for him. But it was strange to see him look so disappointed in himself. Also he didn't interact with any of the fans like he normally does. I worry that the Olympic pressure is already getting to him.

vCash
    Honestly, it was like he was in a fishbowl at the end. I was up a level, beside Emdee, watching the people just stream down out of the stands into the area between the ice and the dressing rooms. I really felt so bad for him. The arena is wide open, there is no security, and I don't blame him for not wanting to wade into that crowd to get off the ice. He wasn't a part of the competition....he didn't arrive until shortly before he skated (as far as I am aware), he was just ushered in when his warm up group was called and had to perform in the last position. Yet he was marked as though he was competing. It was kind of a weird set up. I get the impression it was somethng that he had to do, to get the program out in front of the judges, but not something that he necessarily wanted to do. Still, I'm so happy I was there and able to see it skated live. I won't get to see him again until Nationals in Ottawa. I am sure the program will be quite different by then.

vCash
    I totally agree with everything Accordian says. If Patrick were smart, he would get down on his knees and beg Kristy Krall to coach him again. He should also go back to train at altitude in Colorado Springs.

vCash
    New article up:
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/skatin..._in_sochi.html

I hate when they use pictures like that of any skater. Patrick sounds confident. I like that.

vCash
    Does anyone know what level Patrick got from the technical panel for his circular step sequence? I thought it was a phenomenal piece of footwork and probably quite exhausting to skate.

vCash
    I agree, luckiest1, it's a terrible picture. Nice article though, thanks for posting. The reference to Mr. Colson always warms my heart at what an influence he was for Patrick. I'm sure he will be watching over you in Sochi, Patrick

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast