Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Wonderful. See you all there. And we'll write, Spikey.
    You and Emdee will report back to us please!

vCash
    What's Patrick's first competition this season ? Last year he did Skate Detroit. He trains there now, and he did not compete as far as I know, and that event has come and gone. Anybody know? Would love to see the programs before the Grand Prix.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    What's Patrick's first competition this season ?
    He is debuting his FS at COS in Thornhill next weekend. He did not compete at Skate Detroit last year... was his first competition outing at the Japan Open (FS) in early October?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes Sylvia the JO was his first competition.

vCash
    Emdee; luckiest1, Corianna - don't forget to post pictures and report back here. Do include other skaters' reports too if any. Meanwhile, I will also check out Kiss and Cry section. Patrick is not telling his LP program until the day itself.
    Keep an eye on Roman Sadovsky. The kid is amazing. The way he moves do remind me of little Patrick. Canada seems to have a many upcoming talented little skaters this season particularly the boys!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Of course we'll report. I imagine either Emdee or Luckiest 1 or both know how to do pictures. I gather you can't access the Skate Canada live feed? I'm sure The vid will be posted. Most of the provincial competition highlights are showing up on Twitter.

I'm going for Sunday only but the others are going Saturday as well. I agree about Roman. Anthony Kan and Nan are also terrific. You've probably seen that Kevin didn't skate - due to a boot problem, and Emanuel didn't show in BC. Jeremy Ten skated well. Very cute eleven year old named Eric Liu won junior with a score in the mid fifties. If you follow Sylvia on twitter you can check him out.

vCash
    I am not good with action pics. Besides this rink has strange netting.
    I think Danielle earl is to be there so you will get some great pics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Of course we'll report. I imagine either Emdee or Luckiest 1 or both know how to do pictures. I gather you can't access the Skate Canada live feed? I'm sure The vid will be posted. Most of the provincial competition highlights are showing up on Twitter.

I'm going for Sunday only but the others are going Saturday as well. I agree about Roman. Anthony Kan and Nan are also terrific. You've probably seen that Kevin didn't skate - due to a boot problem, and Emanuel didn't show in BC. Jeremy Ten skated well. Very cute eleven year old named Eric Liu won junior with a score in the mid fifties. If you follow Sylvia on twitter you can check him out.
    Yes, I saw Ten's skate. Happy that he's doing well and gotten over his injuries. I also saw Kan and Eric's skates. I understand Eric's parents were former pairs skaters. I haven't watched all the vids from BC competition yet.

There is live streaming for Thornhill competition but I think it may be ver early morning here on Monday (working day!) hence I may not be able to watch Patrick's LP.

OK Emdee, your report will suffice. Netting? Fancy watching through some netting.

vCash
    I'm sure Patrick's will show up somewhere quite quickly.

vCash
    I don't take pictures...I only have my iPhone with me this weekend. I should be at the rink by 10 a.m.

vCash
    Well no Patrick sightings yesterday, but if we manage to snag the same seats today, we are sitting right where the skaters enter. I hope I can get at least an iPhone pic. The netting is very annoying, I'm not sure on ice pics would turn out very well.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Someone just posted in the Kiss and Cry forum that "Patrick is on the starting order for today and is skating last."

@LynnRutherford just tweeted: "At Thornhill where Patrick Chan is to debut new FS to Four Seasons choreo by David Wilson."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Are you all there now ladies? I just got up. Am deciding whether to leave for work earlier and watch streaming from office? Is it confirmed that Patrick will be skating last?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Are you all there now ladies? I just got up. Am deciding whether to leave for work earlier and watch streaming from office? Is it confirmed that Patrick will be skating last?
    Yes, Patrick is skating last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8girl View Post
    Yes, Patrick is skating last.
    Thanks sk8girl! I am now watching from the office computer. I think the first group has just finished skating. Haven't walked so fast from the carpark to my office building ever.

vCash
    Spiky, I think Emdee got pictures for you. I tried but they are blurry. He was not wearing anything new. I liked the music, and there were some gorgeous new moves. I think the program has potential. I will not run down jumps because I'm sure that's been done elsewhere. He ran out of steam towards the end, and I felt so bad for him that the people crowded around the exit from the ice, to the point that he couldn't get off the ice for about five minutes. He wasn't pleased, obviously, and once they cleared him a path he did not stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Spiky, I think Emdee got pictures for you. I tried but they are blurry. He was not wearing anything new. I liked the music, and there were some gorgeous new moves. I think the program has potential. I will not run down jumps because I'm sure that's been done elsewhere. He ran out of steam towards the end, and I felt so bad for him that the people crowded around the exit from the ice, to the point that he couldn't get off the ice for about five minutes. He wasn't pleased, obviously, and once they cleared him a path he did not stop.
    Thanks luckiest1. I was looking out for you but couldn't see the audience very well except a lady in bright yellow on the front seat.
    This 4 season version is very different from his 2007 program and I actually prefer this music cut to the 2007 version. Can't wait to see when he gets everything in place.
    Yes, he certainly didn't look happy with his skate. I am not too worried. He has never skated this early and I didn't expect anything big. I certainly wouldn't want him to peak now!
    I love these two youngsters - Nam & Roman. Aren't they wonderful talents. With more than a handful of these youngsters, I think I can continue ubering with you all when Patrick retires.

vCash
    Hi spiky,
    I am also not worried. Some of the choreo was incomplete and jumps were place card only.

Nam and little Roman were excellent.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    @LynnRutherford's latest tweet: "Patrick Chan calls new FS to Vivaldi's 4 Seasons his "greatest hits" program & tribute to O. Colson. 164.23"

vCash
    I posted this in the Kiss and Cry section but will repost here...

Love the program but boy he is missing the altitude training... It looked like he was going to pass out at the end so I'm not surprised by the doubled and singled jumps. The program itself, however, will be fantastic if he can build up the endurance to actually skate it. I'm amazed at how well he managed all the non-jump elements given how tired he clearly was toward the end. Beautiful quad to start though so I suspect his jump issues are stamina related more than anything else...

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast